2022 Boston College Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2022 Boston College Football

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I think 6 is the number for this season again barring an amazing year by the offensive line or D which I dont see.

Too many toss up games they can lose.

does this assume more broken glass or are your 6 with phil going wire to wire?

Wire to wire, but dont think it makes much of a difference. Maybe a full year gets us to 7.

I have been BCed after the Spaz years and dont have much confidence.

yes, but that's why THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! that one game turns an under into an over

:lol:
In all seriousness Jurkovec's play seems like the big variable. If he can stay reasonably healthy then he's going to play really well, akin to Pickett's performance last year. As an aside, Pickett's absence is why I went heavy on Pitt under 8.5 for -115.

For a team like BC a FRP QB makes such a huge difference. Instead of facing a plodding offense, Jurkovec makes the defense play the entire field. We'll see that the hand injury really impacted him when we compare with his play this Fall. That is, if the line can protect him.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:It seems the Mahoganyless offensive line, namely its impact on Jurkovec's presence/play, will determine how the season goes. It seemed to me like the line underachieved these past two years, but evidently the NFL disagrees if Applebaum was hired to coach Miami's unit. DuGuglielmo's career path seems like it's been declining since the Patriots fired him. Same goes for McNulty for that matter.

Hafley was obviously very disappointed Cignetti's offense couldn't withstand Jurkovec's injury more effectively, and going forward it seems he really wanted NFL experience leading the offense/QB and the line. I wish I knew and understood more about the dynamics with the line. I feel like Lindstrom in particular was overrated. On the other hand I thought Mahogany was their second-best offensive lineman (given Vrabel's injuries). I'd hate to rely upon Conley as the LT unless he's increased his quickness substantially without losing strength. In the end I hope there's a ton of quiet work going on now, both in conditioning and in understanding the schemes and calls.

Cline is the 5th starter, not sure if OT or OG and not sure if the staff knows yet either.
One of the staff's biggest concerns going into the 2022 season was the depth of the interior OL. They offered two mid-majors (Charlotte U and the other from the midwest) from The Portal to provide depth. And then Mahogany got hurt. Funny that we haven't brought in a transfer as it is much more appealing now that we are down a starter.

Thank you for that news on Cline. So I guess Kendall centers with Cline, Conley, Dirstine and Trapilo in some arrangement surrounding him. Doesn't sound like there are any answers in the portal.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:51 pm

wasn't deadline to transfer and play this year end of may? think mohagany tore his knee playing barcALounger in the plex in june
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:47 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:wasn't deadline to transfer and play this year end of may? think mohagany tore his knee playing barcALounger in the plex in june

Good point, I think it was actually early May.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:wasn't deadline to transfer and play this year end of may? think mohagany tore his knee playing barcALounger in the plex in june

I don’t think they have passed that legislation yet.

As of now, as long as a player is in the portal by May 1 2022, they can transfer and play anywhere in 2022 using the one time exception rule.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:39 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

As of now, as long as a player is in the portal by May 1 2022, they can transfer and play anywhere in 2022 using the one time exception rule.

Like a broken clock, Hansen is correct. The player had to enter The Portal by early May to be eligible to play in 2022.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Like a broken clock, Hansen is correct. The player had to enter The Portal by early May to be eligible to play in 2022.

But there are still kids in the portal that haven't found a place to play. If they just need a warm body for depth they can find one.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:31 pm

When is the first practice?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:When is the first practice?

August 5

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:06 am

Roster, somewhat, updated: https://bceagles.com/sports/football/roster
Just added the incoming FRs, walkons and number changes (Hutchins #15).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:43 pm

Practice begins today. This season (2022) marks the end of the Atlantic and the Coastal divisions. Good riddance.

The 3-5-5 model is excellent. It guarantees that over any 4 year span, BC will play every other team in the ACC at least twice (a home-and-home.) I like it. For a 14 team conference, perfect.

Also, they got the 3 opponents right: Miami, Pitt, and Syracuse. I like it. Its kind of like the Big East all over again but it does get the two closest opponents on the schedule each year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 am

so I went to buy tickets for my family and some friends to the Rutgers game just now....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 12.13.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 12.13.04 PM.png (116.37 KiB) Viewed 5664 times
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:40 am

lovely
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:so I went to buy tickets for my family and some friends to the Rutgers game just now....

Would you expect anything less from BC.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:01 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:It seems the Mahoganyless offensive line, namely its impact on Jurkovec's presence/play, will determine how the season goes. It seemed to me like the line underachieved these past two years, but evidently the NFL disagrees if Applebaum was hired to coach Miami's unit. DuGuglielmo's career path seems like it's been declining since the Patriots fired him. Same goes for McNulty for that matter.

Hafley was obviously very disappointed Cignetti's offense couldn't withstand Jurkovec's injury more effectively, and going forward it seems he really wanted NFL experience leading the offense/QB and the line. I wish I knew and understood more about the dynamics with the line. I feel like Lindstrom in particular was overrated. On the other hand I thought Mahogany was their second-best offensive lineman (given Vrabel's injuries). I'd hate to rely upon Conley as the LT unless he's increased his quickness substantially without losing strength. In the end I hope there's a ton of quiet work going on now, both in conditioning and in understanding the schemes and calls.

Cline is the 5th starter, not sure if OT or OG and not sure if the staff knows yet either.
One of the staff's biggest concerns going into the 2022 season was the depth of the interior OL. They offered two mid-majors (Charlotte U and the other from the midwest) from The Portal to provide depth. And then Mahogany got hurt. Funny that we haven't brought in a transfer as it is much more appealing now that we are down a starter.

Thank you for that news on Cline. So I guess Kendall centers with Cline, Conley, Dirstine and Trapilo in some arrangement surrounding him. Doesn't sound like there are any answers in the portal.

OLine days 1-4: Conley - Dirstine - Kendall - Hess - Trapilo.
I guess they mixed things up yesterday with Dirstine and Kendall not practicing.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:07 pm

after first day of practice (8/5):

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:12 pm

after 8/6 practice:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:03 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

OLine days 1-4: Conley - Dirstine - Kendall - Hess - Trapilo.
I guess they mixed things up yesterday with Dirstine and Kendall not practicing.

Thank you for the OLine info. I went back and read up a bit more from the media accounts. I wonder if Hess did really good S&C work and they wanted to reward him with first crack at the last O-Line spot. They seem to love Jude Bowry; I wonder if he'll make the 2-deep. I do wonder about placing Conley at LT and Trapilo at RT, rather than the other way around. I would think Trapilo is more athletic and thus better suited to protecting Jurkovec's blind side, but they know far better than I do.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am

31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:18 pm

what's the deal with Kevin Pyne? he was a pretty highly regarded offensive lineman when he signed with BC.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 pm

who is that on crutches?

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Gill and Kendall out with unspecified injuries.
Hala moved to LB.

When is media day?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:53 pm

After 8/9 practice:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:55 pm

After 8/12 practice:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:38 pm

After 8/14 practice:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm

today was the first media availability since scrimmage 1

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:47 pm

a starting C with 0 starts being injured and backed up by a DL learning the position isn't exactly encouraging
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:a starting C with 0 starts being injured and backed up by a DL learning the position isn't exactly encouraging

damn why so negative? did you forget we are still in 10-2 season?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:15 am

EM is going to be an interesting player. I can see him developing well enough that he can make a lot of money in the Transfer Portal.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:EM is going to be an interesting player. I can see him developing well enough that he can make a lot of money in the Transfer Portal.

He doesn't need it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium