Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:21 am

so rangers are actually good?

the czar gets so many soft tissue injuries where it looks like he's dead and then comes back in a week or so
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:32 am

Kreider leading the league in goals and in line to break Graves franchise single season record of 52 is something I did not see coming. Will be interesting to see how the two weeks off impacts this team.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:21 am

Kreider at 46 goals. Don’t think he will catch up with Draisaitl or Matthews (both at 49), but he is very likely to get to 50 goals and catch Joey Mullen’s mark of 51 goals—most goals by a BC alum in an NHL season. He has a 50/50 chance of catching Jagr’s single season franchise record of 54 goals. He has also turned himself into one of the best PK guys in the league, which makes the collective decisions of Torts, AV and Quinn to keep him off the PK absolutely indefensible. Go figure, a big, physical forward who is also one of the 3 fastest skaters in the league might be a good at the PK. Hockey coaches are some of the dumbest people on the planet.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 pm

George will not be missed next year.

I know I will live to regret saying any goalie can give up 4-5 goals a game on less than 15 shots. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:00 pm

rangers have a nice habit of holding on to backup goalies until they've lost any semblance of value
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:40 am

Tony DeAngelo was not wrong about Georgiev. Glad we gave him away to a rival for nothing.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Tony DeAngelo was not wrong about Georgiev. Glad we gave him away to a rival for nothing.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:05 am

after last night, if carolina gets another point or two of separation, think gallant might give players which may stop kreider from getting 54. unreal season
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 04, 2022 8:05 am

forgot what a nut punch felt like, appreciate the reminder
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed May 04, 2022 9:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:forgot what a nut punch felt like, appreciate the reminder

That game was a foregone conclusion as soon as the disallowed the goal.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 05, 2022 9:16 am

Having Pittsburgh shut them down in the OT utilizing the equivalent of a homeless guy they found sleeping in Penn Station was the chef's kiss on the most Ranger-y of Ranger playoff games. Also, the reversal was bullshit and a prime example of why the NHL continues to fade as a major sport. Toronto absolutely despises New York and never misses an opportunity to screw the Rangers. Great business model to screw the one franchise you have in the United States that draws national attention. Even better when that franchise stomps on its own dick constantly and is rarely relevant as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

And good God almighty is Panarin terrible at playoff hockey. The fucking ballerina, pretty passing shit doesn't work when the defense actually cares and it isn't the second half of a Tuesday-Wednesday back to back in Buffalo in February. And on the defensive end you expect that the young defense is going to struggle--K'Andre's terrible clears and inability to stay with Rust were baked into the cake, but Trouba's retarded penalties were what ultimately cost them the game and that is unacceptable. Boy, I sure am glad they got rid of D'Angelo for nothing because he correctly assessed Georgiev's talent level and general abilities as a goalie.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:54 am

the officiating left much to be desired but that trouba call was the worst of them, guentzel knew exactly what he was doing kicking his legs out and chestbumping hte boards
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu May 05, 2022 3:20 pm

Separately, as much as I utterly despise Pittsburgh for consistently being one of the dirtiest teams in the NHL, shout out to Brian Boyle for still being in the league.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 pm

I hate Crosby and Letang and Mallon to a lesser extent, but it’s hard to hate a team that features Dumoulin and Boyle. I can take or leave Matheson, he had a good career at BC and he married a BC girl, but I always felt like he underperformed with all the hype around him.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 09, 2022 9:11 pm

You have to give the Rangers credit. Giving up a touchdown a night to a Penguins team that is clearly on a downward trajectory and getting stymied by a guy who hasn’t been able to win a starting job in the AHL for the last five years is remarkable. Also, why didn’t they try and stir up any shit down 6-2 in the 3rd period. Why the fuck did they sign Ryan Reeves? What purpose does he serve?

Fire Drury!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 10, 2022 7:39 am

just absolutely horrendous defense all around

would be nice for the $8.5m C to play like it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue May 10, 2022 3:19 pm

Can't even blame playoff inexperience since the Kid line is probably their best right now.

The Rangers losing to third string goalies in the playoffs is a tale as old as time. They'll win tomorrow night probably and then get run out of the building on Friday.

I'd seriously consider starting George in goal if there is a Game 6 in Pittsburgh.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 am

so dops going to send trouba to rikers for 20 years for that hit?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 12, 2022 10:19 am

You never know. With that said, the slight chicken wing to Crosby's concussion-compromised skull is a trifle compared to some of the thuggery Parros has excused in the past. Also hard to levy a suspension when there was no call on the ice.

The Rangers will still probably fold up their tent and go quietly into the offseason on Friday, but if they did manage to send Crosby into retirement with CTE, that would be worth a banner ceremony next year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu May 12, 2022 7:08 pm

No additional suspension which is really outstanding, though I think that nails the coffin for the Rangers on Friday. Word on the street is this is likely the last year of Crosby/Malkin/Letang so the NHL is invested in having them go as far into the playoffs as they can get them without raising suspicion.

I was surprised to learn that Pittsburgh is the highest number of jersey sales internationally, with Crosby the runaway favorite.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Tony DeAngelo was not wrong about Georgiev. Glad we gave him away to a rival for nothing.

He has been Carolina's best player v Bruins
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 12, 2022 9:59 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

He has been Carolina's best player v Bruins

Eh. He's also lost his shit several times to the detriment of his team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 12, 2022 11:23 pm

He’s the Mike Keenan of players. Shot his way out of every team since Junior. He ain’t that good. Amused by the “Fuck you Tony” chant progressively (Tony won’t like that) taking over each section tonight.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 13, 2022 10:03 pm

Welp, Kreider and Zibby decided to wake up and play and Domingue is finally starting to look like a guy who hasn’t held an AHL starting job since 2017. Hopefully, Crosby’s brains will remain scrambled, Dumoulin will continue to have to sit for another few days, and Sullivan tries to play Jarry on his broken foot.

Also, I almost forgot what a whiny, despicable bitch Mike Sullivan is and was.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 15, 2022 6:16 am

Guenztel has taken the mantle of biggest bitch on the pens
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 am

how about that

completely outplayed. honestly the 3rd period was horrible (kudos to then pens) until mika's goal. the whining about the dman's helmet falling off on that play is :pickle
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Mon May 16, 2022 7:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:how about that

completely outplayed. honestly the 3rd period was horrible (kudos to then pens) until mika's goal. the whining about the dman's helmet falling off on that play is :pickle

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 17, 2022 9:30 am

When the Rangers went into the shitter a few years ago and the Pens went back to back, I sort of pulled for them. Hard not to root for Dumoulin, and Phil Kessel is a national treasure. I played golf with The Flower and Ian Cole a couple of times and they were good guys and I found Gino's bovine stupidity amusing enough to overlook what a shit Crosby is, was and always will be. Plus, it amused me that they stopped Joe Thornton from finally winning a Cup and stopped Nashville as well--I generally loathe Sun Belt hockey teams and their nouveau arriviste fans.

Somehow, I forgot what a bunch of baby maker their hockey fans--including their media--are and how much I hate Mario Lemieux. God, they suck--worse than Bruins fans--although as bad as Pittsburgh's hockey media is, none of them are as terrible as Jack Edwards.

Anyway, nice win, glad to end the Big 3 era in Pittsburgh, but I think they are going to get steamrolled by Carolina. It's a bad match up--unlike Florida and even to some extent Tampa Bay--but nothing could have been done to avoid them. Hopefully Boston wore on them a little.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 17, 2022 9:48 am

agreed don't see them getting beyond carolina but who knows with raanta in net

regarding the penguins beat, they're something else. some gems from their athletic beat: https://theathletic.com/3313745/2022/05 ... he-garden/

in my 13 years of covering the Penguins, I can very comfortably say that I’ve never seen a series in which a team deserved to win more than the Penguins without actually, you know, winning.

Let’s be honest: If Jacob Trouba doesn’t hit Crosby in the head in Game 5, the series is over. The Rangers were dead in the water.

If Jarry or Casey DeSmith is able to play for most of this series, the Penguins win.

If Pettersson’s helmet doesn’t get ripped off, the Penguins probably win. I say that confidently because they were in control in the third period.

I’ve never seen a team get luckier throughout the course of a series.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 20, 2022 9:51 pm

One would normally have to go to an Erectile Dsyfunction clinic or one of IB’s Toastmaster events to see as much impotency as the Rangers have displayed through two games. Brendan Smith, a guy they sent to Hartford on multiple occasions and someone they wanted to buy out a year after they signed him to a four year deal (and only did not because of all the other buy outs they were buried under) scoring the short handed game winner is the chef’s kiss on the night.

It is also pretty clear that whatever team crawls onto the next round after this rock fight of a series is going to get absolutely plowed by Tampa Bay. I thought Tampa was a better match up for the Rangers than Carolina, but after watching two games in each series it is clear that Tampa can clamp down defensively and is not as offensively inept as the Canes. Mea culpa.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink