Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:55 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh once again got severely outplayed. just nothing consistently 5 on 5 at all. 7 games without an even strength point for panarin.

1 goal 1 assist last 13 games 5 on 5

How many turnovers?

See everyone in the Madison Club tomorrow night. :ace

enough for a bakery :band
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Pathetic implosion almost negates a pretty fun run. Good luck to whatever franchise is stupid enough to give Ryan Strome $5 million.

On a positive note, I expect Colorado to drop the hammer on Tampa in a series that draws lower ratings then CNN Prime Time. Good job Bettman, the emphasis on doing anything possible to promote sunbelt franchises is a complete disaster.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:46 am

they were so shot at the end. i don't hate the bolts like other dynasties, i think i'm in the minority in that one amongst rangers fans

cannot pay strome $5m a year just cause panarin likes playing with him. time for the kids to step up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:23 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:they were so shot at the end. i don't hate the bolts like other dynasties, i think i'm in the minority in that one amongst rangers fans

cannot pay strome $5m a year just cause panarin likes playing with him. time for the kids to step up

The Bolts are an absolutely loathsome team and their fans are even worse. The Staten Island Guido who cold cocked the Bolts fan at the Garden ought to get a medal and the keys to the city. Colorado is a loathsome team as well, but at least Muslim Tom Wilson is seriously injured and won't be on the ice for the finals. I want Sean McDonaugh, who didn't try and stole money from the Rangers for years, to blow out both achilles tendons, and I want Cirelli and Hagel to have to blow into tubes to move the wheelchairs they are confined to for the rest of their lives.

Also, why the fuck did Gallant scratch Kakko for Dryden fucking Hunt? The analytics say the Kid Line was the best line the Rangers had in both the Carolina and Tampa series. Now there is speculation that Kakko will sign an offer sheet instead of doing a bridge deal with the Rangers and the Rangers will either have to match or watch the #2 pick in the draft walk before his 21st birthday.

Because of the Panarin Albatross hanging around their necks, the Rangers probably don't have the money to keep both Copp and Vatrano. The good news is that Sammy Blais is going to be relatively cheap to resign after the injury. Would like for them to hold onto Motte as well. Have to get rid of Nemeth--who is useless--and bid adieu to the Gauthiers and McKeggs in the sub basement of the roster.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:they were so shot at the end. i don't hate the bolts like other dynasties, i think i'm in the minority in that one amongst rangers fans

The Bolts are an absolutely loathsome team and their fans are even worse. The Staten Island Guido who cold cocked the Bolts fan at the Garden ought to get a medal and the keys to the city. Colorado is a loathsome team as well, but at least Muslim Tom Wilson is seriously injured and won't be on the ice for the finals. I want Sean McDonaugh, who didn't try and stole money from the Rangers for years, to blow out both achilles tendons, and I want Cirelli and Hagel to have to blow into tubes to move the wheelchairs they are confined to for the rest of their lives.

Also, why the fuck did Gallant scratch Kakko for Dryden fucking Hunt? The analytics say the Kid Line was the best line the Rangers had in both the Carolina and Tampa series. Now there is speculation that Kakko will sign an offer sheet instead of doing a bridge deal with the Rangers and the Rangers will either have to match or watch the #2 pick in the draft walk before his 21st birthday.

Because of the Panarin Albatross hanging around their necks, the Rangers probably don't have the money to keep both Copp and Vatrano. The good news is that Sammy Blais is going to be relatively cheap to resign after the injury. Would like for them to hold onto Motte as well. Have to get rid of Nemeth--who is useless--and bid adieu to the Gauthiers and McKeggs in the sub basement of the roster.

How do you not have a roster spot for a guy named Greg McKegg?

"Going over to Dorrians after the game to meet up with McKegg." The guy is a perfect fit. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:23 pm

Gotta say, rooting for Colorado for no good reason
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:58 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Gotta say, rooting for Colorado for no good reason

I have rationalized it because of McKinnon. It's interesting, I actually like Cooper. He is a great coach and from all reports an exceedingly decent human being. I just hate McDonaugh because it is so obvious that he stopped trying his last two years in NY, which is particularly disgraceful when you are wearing the "C". I also can't stand Maroon, Hagel and Cirelli. Dirty players all and they never answer the bell--Maroon does occasionally, but always ducks and covers when he has to fight a true heavyweight. And Tampa fans are the worst. They make Caps fans look knowledgable and you know the minute this dynasty ends there will be twenty people showing up to watch unless they are playing the Bruins, Rangers, Blackhawks or Red Wings--maybe the Maple Leafs, as well, as there are a lot of Anglo-Canadians in Tampa/St.Pete/Hillsborough--and those fans will all be rooting for the visitors.

I get that Bettman needed the Sun Belt to increase revenues, but honestly, Phoenix and the Florida Panthers need to go. You put them in Milwaukee and Kansas City and you'd sell out whether the teams were any good or not.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:25 am

not that it's any solace for a franchise going on nearly 30 years but holy crap the rangers would've gotten stomped in max 5 games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:13 pm

You knew there was no way that bitter little fuck Drury would let the true captain, Chris Kreider, wear the C. Guy stole the Hobey Baker from Marty Reasoner, was lucky enough to be the 16th best forward on a team that would have won two cups whether he was on the roster or not, and stole money from the Rangers during his disastrous playing career at MSG that demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that he was an overrated bum. Now we have Cryin’ Jacob Trouba as the captain. Not sure landing the occasional hit, but largely playing like a traffic cone for large swaths of the playoffs qualifies one for a captaincy, but here we are. Let’s hope when this year’s iteration of the Rangers fails as a result of Drury’s bitter vendettas against Frank Vatrano, Tyler Motte and Kappo Kakko, that the hook for Mike Grier’s second banana will be ruthlessly fast and Drury can go back to making shitty pizza with his Little League teammates. From Jack O’Callahan and Davy Silk to Drury and “the developer of young talent” every single BU interaction with the Rangers has been a disaster. Dolan needs to put down the whiskey, quit his vanity project blues band, and clean out any and every vestige of BU scum. Only then can we make the Rangers great again, as they were from the late 20s through the early 40s.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:You knew there was no way that bitter little fuck Drury would let the true captain, Chris Kreider, wear the C. Guy stole the Hobey Baker from Marty Reasoner, was lucky enough to be the 16th best forward on a team that would have won two cups whether he was on the roster or not, and stole money from the Rangers during his disastrous playing career at MSG that demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that he was an overrated bum. Now we have Cryin’ Jacob Trouba as the captain. Not sure landing the occasional hit, but largely playing like a traffic cone for large swaths of the playoffs qualifies one for a captaincy, but here we are. Let’s hope when this year’s iteration of the Rangers fails as a result of Drury’s bitter vendettas against Frank Vatrano, Tyler Motte and Kappo Kakko, that the hook for Mike Grier’s second banana will be ruthlessly fast and Drury can go back to making shitty pizza with his Little League teammates. From Jack O’Callahan and Davy Silk to Drury and “the developer of young talent” every single BU interaction with the Rangers has been a disaster. Dolan needs to put down the whiskey, quit his vanity project blues band, and clean out any and every vestige of BU scum. Only then can we make the Rangers great again, as they were from the late 20s through the early 40s.

This.

Everyone knows Drury's little league team forged birth certificates. Scumbag. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:09 pm

typical fairfield prep alum
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:32 am

Good start last night, as the true captain and the all time Rangers leader in playoff goals tallied two and the Blueshirts demolished the Duchies in Newark.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:38 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Good start last night, as the true captain and the all time Rangers leader in playoff goals tallied two and the Blueshirts demolished the Duchies in Newark.

Yes, but the Devils' speed in the neutral zone still scares me. Someone's gotta put Hughes on his ass. Trouba?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:49 pm

goodrow's contract will age poorly but very impressive game last night.

the speed difference was apparent. kane has to be hurt, he can't move
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:59 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Good start last night, as the true captain and the all time Rangers leader in playoff goals tallied two and the Blueshirts demolished the Duchies in Newark.

Yes, but the Devils' speed in the neutral zone still scares me. Someone's gotta put Hughes on his ass. Trouba?

Yep. They tilted the ice for the first ten minutes of the second period. With that said, they got zero traffic in front of Igor. Hughes is so slight and looks fragile—if they can put some hits on him when he is carrying the puck down the middle across the blue line it would probably finish the Devils off. Would also like to see them putting some more hits on Hamilton. They got him pretty good on one of the Devils PPs and he was completely ineffectual after that. Outside of Miles Wood, this iteration of the Devils doesn’t have a physical guy who is happy to mix it up.

In other series, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Leafs get pantsed and also enjoyed watching Viktor Hedman limp off the ice six minutes into the game never to return. That’s a win-win from where I am sitting.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:48 pm

Tonight has been total domination
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:kane has to be hurt, he can't move

hgaw :81 looked much better

as you said shore, complete beatdown. you could see it in the thousand yard stares on the devils bench
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:kane has to be hurt, he can't move

hgaw :81 looked much better

as you said shore, complete beatdown. you could see it in the thousand yard stares on the devils bench

Kreider in beast mode hast not hurt. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:51 am

doesn't matter the coach or the composition of the team, nothing throws the rangers off more than a rookie goalie no one has heard of
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:45 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:doesn't matter the coach or the composition of the team, nothing throws the rangers off more than a rookie goalie no one has heard of

The Rangers hate prosperity. They can never, ever, do things the easy way. This big Swiss dork is a terrible goaltender, just like the homeless guy Pittsburgh found at Penn Station and threw into the goal where he shut the Rangers down completely for two games and forced the Rangers to dig deep and avert an early playoff edit against a team in Pittsburgh that was running on fumes. The seven game series with Pittsburgh meant that by the time the Rangers had dispatched an actual worthy opponent in the Canes in another brutally physical series that they were utterly spent against a Tampa team they should have beat when all things were equal. But they had no legs and by the end of game three, it was pretty clear the Rangers had shot their wad and had nothing more to give and were predictably rocked to sleep over the next three games.

Even assuming the Rangers can overcome the Devils—and I don’t know that is necessarily going to happen here—Ruff is a much better coach than Gallant and has made adjustments that the Rangers have not found an answer for—the gas tank is emptying. They might also be able to beat the Canes because honestly, with that roster the Canes have no business advancing deep in the playoffs, but by the time they get to the Bruins or Leafs, they’ll be utterly spent and will go quietly. It is probably time to begin acknowledging that the roster and core of this team is not and will not ever be good enough. Fire Drury, fire Gallant, see what you can do to move Trouba, Panarin. Trade Kakko and Laff—who have both wildly underperformed vis a vis their draft positions, and send Miller to someone who actually has a competent stay at home defensemen who can cover for his myriad of defensive deficiencies. Give Kreider the “C” for the transition—it’s going to take another few years to rebuild. I’d be open to trading Zibby as well. Excellent regular season player, but in contrast with Kreider who seems disinterested in the regular season at times, but elevates his game in the playoffs, Zibby shrinks in the playoffs.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby miutbc on Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:23 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:doesn't matter the coach or the composition of the team, nothing throws the rangers off more than a rookie goalie no one has heard of

The Rangers hate prosperity. They can never, ever, do things the easy way. This big Swiss dork is a terrible goaltender, just like the homeless guy Pittsburgh found at Penn Station and threw into the goal where he shut the Rangers down completely for two games and forced the Rangers to dig deep and avert an early playoff edit against a team in Pittsburgh that was running on fumes. The seven game series with Pittsburgh meant that by the time the Rangers had dispatched an actual worthy opponent in the Canes in another brutally physical series that they were utterly spent against a Tampa team they should have beat when all things were equal. But they had no legs and by the end of game three, it was pretty clear the Rangers had shot their wad and had nothing more to give and were predictably rocked to sleep over the next three games.

Even assuming the Rangers can overcome the Devils—and I don’t know that is necessarily going to happen here—Ruff is a much better coach than Gallant and has made adjustments that the Rangers have not found an answer for—the gas tank is emptying. They might also be able to beat the Canes because honestly, with that roster the Canes have no business advancing deep in the playoffs, but by the time they get to the Bruins or Leafs, they’ll be utterly spent and will go quietly. It is probably time to begin acknowledging that the roster and core of this team is not and will not ever be good enough. Fire Drury, fire Gallant, see what you can do to move Trouba, Panarin. Trade Kakko and Laff—who have both wildly underperformed vis a vis their draft positions, and send Miller to someone who actually has a competent stay at home defensemen who can cover for his myriad of defensive deficiencies. Give Kreider the “C” for the transition—it’s going to take another few years to rebuild. I’d be open to trading Zibby as well. Excellent regular season player, but in contrast with Kreider who seems disinterested in the regular season at times, but elevates his game in the playoffs, Zibby shrinks in the playoffs.

Gallant sucks. There’s a reason he’s canned every 3 yrs, including picking his shit up off the side of the road and waiting for a greyhound. As long as the refs stop gifting oilers bs pp throughout the playoffs, it’ll be a bruins-vgk final
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Welp, that was a colossal bed shitting, but still not as bad as the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead to the fucking Panthers. With that said, Gallant should be fired tomorrow morning and Drury should be following him shortly. New GM should have a license to make Panarin and Trouba miserable enough that they waive their no trade clauses because you can’t have $18 million, almost 1/4 of your cap, on two non-entities for playoff purposes. Because Panarin actually produces in the regular season, there is a chance we could off load him to a team like Tampa who probably thinks it has one more run left with the Stamkos core and has cap space available without having to take any salary. Trouba on the other hand is going to require taking a significant piece of that disaster of a contract. Rangers should also let Miller walk—kid is useless. Next coach also has to agree that the kid line sticks together next year no matter what so you really can determine what you have. Chytl is a keeper. Need to determine what, if any value you have from Kakko and Laff and jettison them if they are never going to be more than 3rd line players.

Separate note, I would like to see Hughes end up a parapalegic. What a whiny koont. Would consider rooting against a Team USA on which he played a significant role.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 am

hard to argue gallant should keep his job, especially considering you can't change the core.

obviously panarin rightfully should get killed (not putin version)

i don't know how the kid line is getting a pass. you have the #1, #2, and whatever chytil was. 1 point combined in the final 5 games. including an impressive 0-0-0 line from laf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 02, 2023 9:53 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hard to argue gallant should keep his job, especially considering you can't change the core.

i don't know how the kid line is getting a pass. you have the #1, #2, and whatever chytil was. 1 point combined in the final 5 games. including an impressive 0-0-0 line from laf

Not giving them a pass, but Gallant has yanked them around for the past two years for no good purpose and has constantly disrupted the chemistry they at times seem to have been developing. It's a #1 and #2 pick at stake. You simply can't whiff on that and survive. The Rangers have to do everything they can to try and salvage something there. That line needs to be a second line and the Rangers need to be willing to go down with that ship trying to make it happen before they surrender.

As for last night, the only line that didn't embarrass itself was the 4th line, but as ineffectual as the kid line was, it was still better than the top two lines last night.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Tue May 02, 2023 12:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hard to argue gallant should keep his job, especially considering you can't change the core.

Not giving them a pass, but Gallant has yanked them around for the past two years for no good purpose and has constantly disrupted the chemistry they at times seem to have been developing. It's a #1 and #2 pick at stake. You simply can't whiff on that and survive. The Rangers have to do everything they can to try and salvage something there. That line needs to be a second line and the Rangers need to be willing to go down with that ship trying to make it happen before they surrender.

As for last night, the only line that didn't embarrass itself was the 4th line, but as ineffectual as the kid line was, it was still better than the top two lines last night.

In typical Ranger fashion, they got screwed losing the lottery to the Devils in 19. There is a huge difference in skill between Hughes and Kakko.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

In typical Ranger fashion, they got screwed losing the lottery to the Devils in 19. There is a huge difference in skill between Hughes and Kakko.

No doubt about that. The drop off is sizable. In truth, with the exception of Hughes, Zegras and Boldy, most of that 1st round sucks or is meh, at best. Kakko, as underwhelming as he has been to date is probably the 5th best of the 1st rounders behind Hughes, Zegras, Boldy and Seider, and just ahead of Cole Caufield. Spencer Knight looked like he was going to be one of the good picks--although the Rangers obviously were not in the market for a goalie--before whatever issues he is dealing with took him down this year. As for Laff and the 2020 draft, I don't know what to make of him. He clearly isn't #1 pick over all talent, but there are flashes. Schneider is the better player of the two first round picks they had, but there is upside to laugh when he plays with grit. One of the only decent plays anyone made last night was when he plowed over Hughes and started the break--of course his finishing attempt was weak and terrible, but with every single Ranger outside of the fourth line sucking on ice, it's hard to get exercised about Laff's offensive woes.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue May 02, 2023 4:04 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Welp, that was a colossal bed shitting, but still not as bad as the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead to the fucking Panthers. With that said, Gallant should be fired tomorrow morning and Drury should be following him shortly. New GM should have a license to make Panarin and Trouba miserable enough that they waive their no trade clauses because you can’t have $18 million, almost 1/4 of your cap, on two non-entities for playoff purposes. Because Panarin actually produces in the regular season, there is a chance we could off load him to a team like Tampa who probably thinks it has one more run left with the Stamkos core and has cap space available without having to take any salary. Trouba on the other hand is going to require taking a significant piece of that disaster of a contract. Rangers should also let Miller walk—kid is useless. Next coach also has to agree that the kid line sticks together next year no matter what so you really can determine what you have. Chytl is a keeper. Need to determine what, if any value you have from Kakko and Laff and jettison them if they are never going to be more than 3rd line players.

Separate note, I would like to see Hughes end up a parapalegic. What a whiny koont. Would consider rooting against a Team USA on which he played a significant role.

No offense to you or anyone else here but Trouba should never have been made captain. That was just a Terrier being spiteful to BC with what Drury did.

I told a bunch of people including a certain IP, BC, FLS, FP dad that if the rangers lost last night I am done with them for this season and I mean it! DUNZO! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby miutbc on Tue May 02, 2023 6:28 pm

My god the nhl is really pushing a tor edm finals. Constant drumbeat
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 02, 2023 10:52 pm

miutbc {l Wrote}:My god the nhl is really pushing a tor edm finals. Constant drumbeat

After tonight, I am starting to feel confident that Toronto will Toronto itself out of the playoffs. As for Edmonton, other worldly offensive talent combined with zero defense is usually not a recipe for success.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed May 03, 2023 6:31 pm

The NHL is going to get a Carolina/Florida Eastern Conference final. Ratings should be dismal. They deserve it.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink