2024 ACC Tournament

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2024 ACC Tournament

Postby Mike_S on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:56 pm

The key play IMO was the foul on McGlockton after the 3 point shot. Tough call, gave them 3 free throws (2 points), and worst significantly hurt the defense and rebounding for the rest of the game.

Defense and rebounding was otherwise incredible. Couldn't get a good shot for the last 3 minutes of regulation or OT and that was the game.

Love the style, not unlike Virginia's. Every possession feels like it's critical. Can really work great when the offense is doing something.

Hope Grant can get a couple more players for next year and build on it.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm

What a game! Hell of an ACC tournament. Maybe next year guys.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:What a game! Hell of an ACC tournament. Maybe next year guys.

This is just what shitty not gritty wants you to think. This is an 11/12 ACC wins basketball team that pretended it was a significant underdog until they absolutely had to win the entire ACC tournament to make it

If they don’t make the NIT, I’ve lost all respect (lol!) for that tournament
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:15 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:What a game! Hell of an ACC tournament. Maybe next year guys.

This is just what shitty not gritty wants you to think. This is an 11/12 ACC wins basketball team that pretended it was a significant underdog until they absolutely had to win the entire ACC tournament to make it

well, ok

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:If they don’t make the NIT, I’ve lost all respect (lol!) for that tournament

its not worthy of any respect. NIT means Not In Tournament.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

well, ok

I hate to be scalding about your positivity. There’s nothing wrong with this loss in isolation. Extrapolating this acc tourney effort and giving it to the whole season, we are probably hoping for a 10/11 seed on Sunday. It’s been too long to let BC coaches/admin off the hook to me. I’ll let you do you
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:49 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

well, ok

I hate to be scalding about your positivity. There’s nothing wrong with this loss in isolation. Extrapolating this acc tourney effort and giving it to the whole season, we are probably hoping for a 10/11 seed on Sunday. It’s been too long to let BC coaches/admin off the hook to me. I’ll let you do you

No I understand. I gave up on Earl Grant quite a while ago. Of course it is far too long to let BC coaches and admin off the hook. I agree with you.

That said, it was a hell of a game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

That was a terrible fucking basketball game by any measure. You're drunk. BC had 2 points over a period of 10 minutes. Turo that.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You're drunk.

You're funny.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That was a terrible fucking basketball game by any measure. You're drunk. BC had 2 points over a period of 10 minutes. Turo that.

bad combo of terrible offense, no legs and uva impressively not committing a single foul for what 12 minutes of game time?

avoid the tuesday special
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That was a terrible fucking basketball game by any measure. You're drunk. BC had 2 points over a period of 10 minutes. Turo that.

bad combo of terrible offense, no legs and uva impressively not committing a single foul for what 12 minutes of game time?

It's this. If you want to stop losing you legs on Thursday, stop playing on Tuesday.

Earl needs to clean out a bunch of this roster (Chas & Prince are two who actively hurt BC this year) and a bunch of the coaches next year to avoid a complete bottom out in Year 4. You're getting nothing out of either of those '24 recruits. The bottom 3 teams don't even make the ACC Tournament next year, so I'd strongly advise taking the games in December/January a little more seriously. This peaking in March philosophy works fine at CoC, but doesn't work in the ACC.

I'd grade this season a C+, but can't go any higher than that.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:40 pm

I also thought the officiating was bad and really one sided. UVA committed no less than 100 moving screens and zero of them were called. The one over the back foul where a kid climbed up JZ like he was a tree was ridiculous.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:22 pm

https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024/03/nit-bracketology-march-15.html?m=1

This NIT bracketology site has us as a 7 seed as of today. Memphis has declined an NIT spot, I’m sure they won’t be the only ones either.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

It's this. If you want to stop losing you legs on Thursday, stop playing on Tuesday.

Earl needs to clean out a bunch of this roster (Chas & Prince are two who actively hurt BC this year) and a bunch of the coaches next year to avoid a complete bottom out in Year 4. You're getting nothing out of either of those '24 recruits. The bottom 3 teams don't even make the ACC Tournament next year, so I'd strongly advise taking the games in December/January a little more seriously. This peaking in March philosophy works fine at CoC, but doesn't work in the ACC.

fair assessment

I don't honestly think I gave Earl much of a chance when he became the coach because his hiring was entirely #Woke. So right off the bat, I thought nothing of him. But he's been here 3 years now I guess and after that amount of time, I look forward to the ACC tourney because the team plays its best during those games (UVa was probably the second toughest team on BC"s schedule of what was 34 teams) and that is about it. I hear some of you say that this 8-ACC-win team should have won 11 or even 12 with this talent, but I just don't see it. I think the problem is a problem Al Skinner never had; recruiting. But Earl is here and he's not leaving so a C+ is fine by me but that just means D- for talent and A- for effort during the ACC tourney means a C+ for the year for Earl as a HC.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The problem with Don and JC is that in Year 4 they just completely bottomed-out with terrible years. BC has the basketball facility, NIL $ and resources to help avoid this similar fate. This year's team was the best BC team since like 2010 which shows you how rough the last 15 years have been.

I think you're going to see a lot of transfers and roster-turnover so Earl better be ready to hit the transfer portal hard.

fair assessment

I don't honestly think I gave Earl much of a chance when he became the coach because his hiring was entirely #Woke. So right off the bat, I thought nothing of him. But he's been here 3 years now I guess and after that amount of time, I look forward to the ACC tourney because the team plays its best during those games (UVa was probably the second toughest team on BC"s schedule of what was 34 teams) and that is about it. I hear some of you say that this 8-ACC-win team should have won 11 or even 12 with this talent, but I just don't see it. I think the problem is a problem Al Skinner never had; recruiting. But Earl is here and he's not leaving so a C+ is fine by me but that just means D- for talent and A- for effort during the ACC tourney means a C+ for the year for Earl as a HC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:23 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024/03/nit-bracketology-march-15.html?m=1

This NIT bracketology site has us as a 7 seed as of today. Memphis has declined an NIT spot, I’m sure they won’t be the only ones either.

Princeton just took an NIT slot.

It was an interesting game to watch Princeton vs Brown. Very confusing how they won 24 games. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024/03/nit-bracketology-march-15.html?m=1

Princeton just took an NIT slot.

It was an interesting game to watch Princeton vs Brown. Very confusing how they won 24 games. :ace

BC possibly playing at PC. Could be interesting. https://www.nitbracketology.com/
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:36 pm

English is a very good coach, not sure how motivated they’d be
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John