2023 ACCT

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2023 ACCT

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:04 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Glad we are extending Grant. Wherever else could we find a coach capable of slipping past 4-28 Louisville in the Special Olympics round of the ACC Tournament and getting absolutely destroyed by a UNC team that should not make the NCAA tournament unless they win the ACC on Day 2. We should eliminate men’s basketball as a varsity sport to ensure future Title IX compliance. It has gotten to the point where I have passed indifference and want this thing to go so off the rails it becomes a national embarrassment—like maybe a player killing some people like at Bama or better yet, killing each other Baylor-style. I’d settle for another gambling scandal in the mean time as long as the players involved got the Rick Kuhn treatment.

The player development and recruiter are positives with Grant. The actual Xs-O-s play design/rotations are a disaster. With the way they ref modern day basketball, I'm also not sure this style works very well unless you play UVA levels of defense.

I see the appeal to Grant, but I've been out on him all along. The first 2 years have been a success IRREGARDLESS of this evening. They won a bunch of conference games last year plus a good ACCT run and any of us would've signed up for 10 conference wins in Year 2.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: It has gotten to the point where I have passed indifference and want this thing to go so off the rails it becomes a national embarrassment—like maybe a player killing some people like at Bama or better yet, killing each other Baylor-style. I’d settle for another gambling scandal in the mean time as long as the players involved got the Rick Kuhn treatment.

“Becomes” a national embarrassment eh? How would you classify the worst parts of the 2011-2021 era if not “a national embarrassment?” My man, is there a floor below 0-18 in the ACC?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:33 am

Nothing like a good old curbstomping to close out the season!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Nothing like a good old curbstomping to close out the season!

This.

I really do not know what to make of the season or grant.

Are we extending the coach that lost to Maine and got the snot beat in by a fairly mediocre unc and su teams or the guy who had his team super prepared for UVA?

Was Post lightening in a bottle and will be impossible to duplicate next year? In 2023-2024 will we be groaning that Grant has 5 more years on his contract and we know how Leahy feels about firing coaches under contract?
or
Are we seeing actual incremental positive change that will keep getting built up?

Not going to lie I honestly do not know.

Prince regressed as the season went on and langford jr is a shell of himself, nobody can shoot consistently with the 8-10 minutes EACH game we do not score but I have never seen a player get that much better like I did with Post and McGlockton is a real gem. I think locking Grant up long term now is a mistake based solely on we do not move on quickly from our mistakes See Christian, Jim. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:45 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Nothing like a good old curbstomping to close out the season!

This.

Are we extending the coach that lost to Maine and got the snot beat in by a fairly mediocre unc and su teams or the guy who had his team super prepared for UVA?

Was Post lightening in a bottle and will be impossible to duplicate next year? In 2023-2024 will we be groaning that Grant has 5 more years on his contract and we know how Leahy feels about firing coaches under contract?
or
Are we seeing actual incremental positive change that will keep getting built up?

Prince regressed as the season went on and langford jr is a shell of himself, nobody can shoot consistently with the 8-10 minutes EACH game we do not score but I have never seen a player get that much better like I did with Post and McGlockton is a real gem. I think locking Grant up long term now is a mistake based solely on we do not move on quickly from our mistakes See Christian, Jim. :ace

Some general thoughts:
- Post is really good and has room to improve. Him returning healthy is the key to next year. He was hobbling around last night and still was effective
- I don't think UNC is mediocre when they actually try like last night. If they play like that they'll win the ACCT
- The Maine/UNH/Tartleton messes were missing 3-4 starters. It shouldn't be excused still
- Langford Jr and Bickerstaff are two of my least favorites players at BC in this lost decade + of basketball. Both think they're really good. They can both take their talents to the NESCAC.
- Penha was fine based on what he was. If you can go snag another D2 kid like him do it. It's not his fault he needed to play major minutes because of the injuries/ineffectiveness
- They're going to need to hit the portal/5th year for a few players still. The guard situation next year seems a little sketchy (counting on a freshman and a kid coming off a torn ACL) and they need another big man
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:33 am

post game presser:

post will have discussions w staff on next season
they're doing an international trip in the summer

IRregardless of post playing next year, they need a lot more offense.

demarr is what he is at this stage and shouldn't be starting. aligbe needs to take a step offensively and not follow the demarr route as their FR stats look unfortunately similar.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

This.

or

Some general thoughts:
- Post is really good and has room to improve. Him returning healthy is the key to next year. He was hobbling around last night and still was effective
- I don't think UNC is mediocre when they actually try like last night. If they play like that they'll win the ACCT
- The Maine/UNH/Tartleton messes were missing 3-4 starters. It shouldn't be excused still
- Langford Jr and Bickerstaff are two of my least favorites players at BC in this lost decade + of basketball. Both think they're really good. They can both take their talents to the NESCAC.
- Penha was fine based on what he was. If you can go snag another D2 kid like him do it. It's not his fault he needed to play major minutes because of the injuries/ineffectiveness
- They're going to need to hit the portal/5th year for a few players still. The guard situation next year seems a little sketchy (counting on a freshman and a kid coming off a torn ACL) and they need another big man

JZ should be back, no?

But if Post leaves, not sure any of it matters.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:58 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

This.

or

Some general thoughts:

I do not see UNC winning the ACCT this year. Just a guess. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:56 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

This.

or

Some general thoughts:

JZ should be back, no?

But if Post leaves, not sure any of it matters.

Post seems fully open for business. He can go pro in Europe anytime he wants. He could also transfer to a team that will throw NIL at him and relies on perimeter shooting rather than defense to compete. He's perfect on a 5-out team or with someone who will do a lot of pick and pop; he's also a great outlet when a guard drives a closeout into the lane and then needs to dish. So "when" rather than "if" seems more accurate.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:59 pm

Makai Ashton-Langford will not be missed.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Primetime on Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:13 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Makai Ashton-Langford will not be missed.

Interesting take. Who's going to handle the ball aside from JZ? Are Kelley and Payne ready?

Kai was the only guy on this team willing/able to take the last shot (Aligbe's season highlight was in the opener...)

Earl has his hands full. We played the season short 1 scholarship, lose MAL and Penha.

Guards: Zackery, Kelley, Hand, Payne, [OPEN]
Wings: Aligbe, Langford, Madsen
Bigs: [Post], McGlockton, Bickerstaff, Mighty, Hastings

Personally I think Post is all but gone - realities of modern college basketball and the past 15 years of mediocrity at BC. It's getting harder and harder to build a team - we'll see how much guys care about "culture" with Earl and if they stick around.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:19 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:

Interesting take. Who's going to handle the ball aside from JZ? Are Kelley and Payne ready?

Kai was the only guy on this team willing/able to take the last shot (Aligbe's season highlight was in the opener...)

Earl has his hands full. We played the season short 1 scholarship, lose MAL and Penha.

Personally I think Post is all but gone - realities of modern college basketball and the past 15 years of mediocrity at BC. It's getting harder and harder to build a team - we'll see how much guys care about "culture" with Earl and if they stick around.

You watch one game with chief and now he is "Kai" and irreplaceable. SMH :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:15 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:

The team is terrible. I'm good with every single one of them walking. Without exception. I like Kelley, Aligbe and Hand, and hope those three stay.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

The team is terrible. I'm good with every single one of them walking. Without exception. I like Kelley, Aligbe and Hand, and hope those three stay.

McGlockton did not make the cut for you but a guy who was out the entire season showed you enough? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:16 pm

My picks were all potential. He gets to prove he doesn't stink. In the limited games I watched, I liked the potential of the other two.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum