Game 16 DUKE = PUKE

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 16 DUKE = PUKE

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:42 am

Revenge game or another disappointing loss to the dukies? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: Game 16 DUKE = PUKE

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Hats off to BC for competing with both Duke and the officials at the same time
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:37 pm

i don't know why every team doesn't zone us
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Duke dunks like that will always make my day
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:06 pm

never going to win 8 on 5. good game - beat the spread
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:07 pm

Grab that defensive board and you might sneak out of there with a W.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:08 pm

Post lost the rebound that could’ve prevented those two free throws that gave Duke the lead. I think his hand eye coordination is that of my recently deceased aunt, although, I think it could go either way since it’s recent.

With Post healthy, they mop Maine and UNH badly. He makes a difference, but shit bro, learn to catch.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:09 pm

If Post had good hands, he wouldn't be at BC. On those occasions that the ball doesn't bounce off his hands, he is a pretty good player.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Post had good hands, he wouldn't be at BC. On those occasions that the ball doesn't bounce off his hands, he is a pretty good player.

Demarr “NBA” Langford passing to thin air with 1 minute left wasn’t helpful either
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:13 pm

Earl’s offensive sets have had more movement over the past month. Needs work still but slight credit where it is slightly due
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:17 pm

Hey PHUCKERS we won the second half! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:03 pm

The officiating at the end of the game was shameful.

Demarr also hasn’t improved at all from when he stepped on campus. There’s 0 reason be needs to be playing 30 minutes when Chas and Glock can barely get on the court

Edit - 20 minutes is exactly 20 too many minutes for Bickerstaff
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The officiating at the end of the game was shameful.

Demarr also hasn’t improved at all from when he stepped on campus. There’s 0 reason be needs to be playing 30 minutes when Chas and Glock can barely get on the court

Edit - 20 minutes is exactly 20 too many minutes for Bickerstaff

I ask this question in a non mean spirited way but is Bickerstaff the worst player over the last 20 years or so to get serious minutes?

Each time he plays it is as if that is the first time he ever played organized basketball.

Happy to be reminded of other awful players from our checkered history. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:23 pm

The officiating wasn't great in the middle of the second half but the replays were all correct.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Grab that defensive board and you might sneak out of there with a W.

This. Snatch that with authority and it’s ball game.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:32 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:Hey PHUCKERS we won the second half! :ace

Skip Rosenthal will be serving you with a cease and desist letter as you have now repeatedly misappropriated his schtick.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:59 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

Skip Rosenthal will be serving you with a cease and desist letter as you have now repeatedly misappropriated his schtick.

You go get yourself a court order and I will sue your a$$ for wrongful prosecution. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

You go get yourself a court order and I will sue your a$$ for wrongful prosecution. :ace

As Dr. Peter Venkman/Bill Murray is a long-time member of The Hollow and a golfing friend of Skip Rosenthal’s, I am pretty sure he would not appreciate you using one of his lines to attack a fellow member who has merely pointed out your continuing misappropriation of one of Skip’s best schticks. Maybe that sort of low rent behavior is allowed at that sad collection of arriviste swine that populate the membership of that sad Tillinghast muni dog track to which you belong, but at a club comprised of gentleman, it will not be tolerated. Have you Second contact me to discuss terms.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Maybe that sort of low rent behavior is allowed at that sad collection of arriviste swine that populate the membership of that sad Tillinghast muni dog track to which you belong, but at a club comprised of gentleman, it will not be tolerated.

This :ace
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:

As Dr. Peter Venkman/Bill Murray is a long-time member of The Hollow and a golfing friend of Skip Rosenthal’s, I am pretty sure he would not appreciate you using one of his lines to attack a fellow member who has merely pointed out your continuing misappropriation of one of Skip’s best schticks. Maybe that sort of low rent behavior is allowed at that sad collection of arriviste swine that populate the membership of that sad Tillinghast muni dog track to which you belong, but at a club comprised of gentleman, it will not be tolerated. Have you Second contact me to discuss terms.

I remember meeting Dr Venkman at a party in honor of one of my closest friends many years ago before either one of us joined the "muni dog track".

We ended up on stage at the end of the night with me on tambourine, my dear friend on guitar and Francis Xavier Cross singing. What a night! Miss those parties.

It was much better than the one for Skip Rosenthal but not as good as the one for the father of the best swimmer ever to swim for The Hollow. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Murray actually performed at Skip Rosenthal's party, an exception he made because of his genuine affection for Skip and their shared love of Notre Dame. I was at the party you referenced, and I can attest that you were not there and the evening ended rather tamely, in comparison to what was expected. I believe that it ended tamely because of a near altercation that involved multiple parties whose identities will be protected because gentlemen don't speak of such things at the party the year before.

Let me put it to you this way, in terms a nouveau riche, arriviste can understand. What goes on at The Conclave is never to be discussed outside of The Conclave. Perhaps at that Tillinghast Dog Track it is common for the members to run around showing their assses to the world, but at The Hollow, where we actually plowed under the five holes that Tillinghast was originally allowed to design because it befouled the CB McDonald essence of the place, we believe that discretion is a key component of gentlemanly conduct. That is why the likes of you will never pass through the vaunted portals of our membership committee process and instead will be forced to live out your life with your thousand+ fellow members (so much for exclusivity) wedged between the Hutchinson River Parkway and Interstate 95 alongside the Hebrews at Quaker Ridge--I guess you got a 2 for 1 special from Tillinghast. Oh well, at least you aren't a member of that Wedding Factory some refer to as Westchester Country Club and its direct exit off of 287. If that were the case, I'd have my butler beat you with a cane instead of offering you a chance in a duel.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:09 pm

I don't watch a lot of BC hoopz, but when I do, it's usually one of the Langfords taking a shitty shot. Is this their thing?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:39 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I don't watch a lot of BC hoopz, but when I do, it's usually one of the Langfords taking a shitty shot. Is this their thing?

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:40 pm

Any D1 scout that watches Jaeden Zackery probably understands he drives just to get to one spot and one spot only… the right side low block. He takes literally no other kind of layup, takes no midrange shots. It’s almost fascinating, if it weren’t my team. He’s really badly regressed on his 3 point shot
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:38 pm

This team is terrible and terribly coached
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This team is terrible and terribly coached

You could have posted this 18 games ago and saved yourself 36 hours.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum