Game 10 UNH

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game 10 UNH

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 pm

Zackery tries too hard to drive to the very same spot, on the rightside block. It’s predictable. He needs a floater.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:So Grant really is a bad basketball coach. :ace

I’m still in denial. Then again it took me until UConn to pull the hope plug on Jefe
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:27 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:So Grant really is a bad basketball coach. :ace

I’m still in denial. Then again it took me until UConn to pull the hope plug on Jefe

Getting beat this bad on the boards by UNH is very telling.

So many missed free throws.

Random d2 transfer going for almost 40 points whose career high was 18.

Not fouling before the 3 to tie the game.

Just poorly coached.

This game does not point towards a good future for Earl Grant at BC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:29 pm

This loss is pretty damning and on the coach.

Also, to keep coming out of TO's with terrible plays is pure comedy. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:38 pm

I’m pretty loyal to BC, but I’m pretty much done with BC Athletics. These games aren’t fun at all to watch between football or especially basketball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’m pretty loyal to BC, but I’m pretty much done with BC Athletics. These games aren’t fun at all to watch between football or especially basketball.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’m pretty loyal to BC, but I’m pretty much done with BC Athletics. These games aren’t fun at all to watch between football or especially basketball.

This is where I’m at. 11 or 12 years of this isn’t fun. For awhile it was a joke, a nice crutch for my pessimism, but it isn’t funny anymore
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:27 pm

You psychos watched them play UNH. BC is not losing sleep about the three of you watching. The rest of us don't give a fuck for reals.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby miutbc on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Had some hope but this is brutal. So poorly coached. Zero semblance of an offense. Just guys going 1v1 or backing down defender and jacking a turnaround fadeaway. One of the worst defensive rebounding teams I’ve ever seen. How do not foul on unh last possession at end of the game.
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You psychos watched them play UNH. BC is not losing sleep about the three of you watching. The rest of us don't give a fuck for reals.

I would post a heartfelt yearnful response about the reason I’ve been watching them for as long as I have, but it’s not funny, and anything posted on this site that is not funny or cynical is mercilessly gay
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:08 am

Welp, I’m done for the year.

Could be another 0 for the ACC.

Tough to see Creighton build a good program while BC sinks further into a decade plus of oblivion.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby xu9697 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:59 am

Grant needs to go. This isn't going to get better. And I am all about preaching patience! Even with Hafley I feel there is a CHANCE it gets better.

Man...I long for the 1990-2010 run of BC football and basketball (yes, there were bad years for both in there too). I didn't realize at the time THAT was the pinnacle of those sports for BC. :-(
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:10 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You psychos watched them play UNH. BC is not losing sleep about the three of you watching. The rest of us don't give a fuck for reals.

I would post a heartfelt yearnful response about the reason I’ve been watching them for as long as I have, but it’s not funny, and anything posted on this site that is not funny or cynical is mercilessly gay

we know - tyler roche got you pregnant and you never got a chance to tell him, so you've been raising his butt baby alone ever since he left you in your pink socked slumber.

it's just like the natural except tyler roche sucked... and you wished you had too, on that fateful night. i know, you don't want to know what your life would be like without your blossoming young son - but sometimes he feels like a burden, and you hate yourself for feeling that way. you only wish tyler would have called like he promised. maybe someday he'll leave that wife of his and you'll catch his eye allowing for that chance meeting and potential future. but until then you're stuck watching bc basketball and hoping today will be the day.

hansen has admitted much worse - surely you can admit that. i'm sure you'll feel a little relief once you admit it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:43 pm

These results confirm what I thought about E Grant at the time of the hire - he wasn't going to ever get the results people wanted. It seems that our AD's were looking to find good role models and mentors for the players in our revenue sports. Hafley and Earl Grant seem like great people. They seem like models for the profession. They will likely help these young men succeed in life. But they're both not at the level to lead to above average ACC achievement.

For Hafley, it wasn't clear that he wasn't up to it. He was green. And now we know he doesn't have the chops to handle the whole operation.

For Grant, just look at his CoC tenure. Look at the offensive metrics. It told you all you needed to know. I respect the fact that he actually had a track record. But the offensive metrics told a story at Coc, because we were/are never going to have the best players in the ACC. If you're unwilling or unable to have a plus offensive system (or concepts, High basketball IQ basiclally) at BC, we are NOT winning 17-18 teams on a consistent basis. You might get lucky and recruit 1-2 players that turn out, and stick, and we flash for a 16 win season. Now if Grant hired an offensive guru for his staff, that would be a big positive. But he hasn't done that. And so even with some good recruiting, we're going to be VERY inconsistent. Win one, lose one.

But back to what I said at the start, I think the admin got what they wanted. Good people leading our revenue programs. The money comes in until it doesn't. Last person out turn out the lights.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:35 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Welp, I’m done for the year.

Could be another 0 for the ACC.

Tough to see Creighton build a good program while BC sinks further into a decade plus of Bolivion.

Fixed
And :kudos to all of you for getting this thread to second page for a game that less than 20 people (excluding close family members) watched!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby xu9697 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:21 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:These results confirm what I thought about E Grant at the time of the hire - he wasn't going to ever get the results people wanted. It seems that our AD's were looking to find good role models and mentors for the players in our revenue sports. Hafley and Earl Grant seem like great people. They seem like models for the profession. They will likely help these young men succeed in life. But they're both not at the level to lead to above average ACC achievement.

For Hafley, it wasn't clear that he wasn't up to it. He was green. And now we know he doesn't have the chops to handle the whole operation.

For Grant, just look at his CoC tenure. Look at the offensive metrics. It told you all you needed to know. I respect the fact that he actually had a track record. But the offensive metrics told a story at Coc, because we were/are never going to have the best players in the ACC. If you're unwilling or unable to have a plus offensive system (or concepts, High basketball IQ basiclally) at BC, we are NOT winning 17-18 teams on a consistent basis. You might get lucky and recruit 1-2 players that turn out, and stick, and we flash for a 16 win season. Now if Grant hired an offensive guru for his staff, that would be a big positive. But he hasn't done that. And so even with some good recruiting, we're going to be VERY inconsistent. Win one, lose one.

But back to what I said at the start, I think the admin got what they wanted. Good people leading our revenue programs. The money comes in until it doesn't. Last person out turn out the lights.

Well said.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum