When did you realize there was an Al Skinner curse?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

When did you realize there was an Al Skinner curse?

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Mine was this season, but I should noticed earlier signs.

By far the best team they’ve had since at least 2010-2011 is now suddenly plagued by 5 random injuries. Finally a real coach, a deep roster with an ideal mix of veterans and young talent, and some momentum… but what do we have? An almost suspicious amount of injuries. Aligbe and Hand, two of the top recruits ever landed here, both hurt. Demarr Langford comes back, hurt again. Even Bickerstaff was lost for the game in the middle of it. Not to mention our lone 7-footer. Fuck that.

2013-2014 could have been another. That was the year following that tough showing vs Miami (ironically) in the conference tournament that built a lot of momentum with the Hanlan/Clifford era roster. They were supposed to be a fringe top 25 team for the year, but Steve Nahue went way too hardass scheduling hard opponents and by December their confidence was dust and were a joke the rest of the way.

Watching them go 0-18 in 2015 to the soundtrack of Dennis Clifford breaking down emotionally about “going out to eat” being the highlight of his 4 years really should have been it.

Really, 2010-2021 could have been missed and I might be a better person because of it. Probably not, but maybe.

When did you realize we had an Al Skinner curse?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum