Game 11 - Albany

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game 11 - Albany

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:35 am

The saddest thing one can say about this program is that we just lost to a 2-7 (now 3-7) SUNY school and we've only had one season in the last eleven (2017-18) where we have looked objectively better than this team, two seasons if you go back 12 years (2010-11). On both of those teams we had NBA talent in the back court.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:This is like the tense end of a tournament game except disgusting and abysmal.

This is super discouraging for the long-term.

In spite of how bad we are, easily a top 5 worst loss in the history of the program.

That’s a fun exercise.

The ‘16 opener vs Nichols State is #1. We lost to a 30 loss team with a backcourt of Bowman and Robinson

Also known as the game where the fire alarm lights kept flashing the whole game.

Interestingly, the most miserable performance I've seen in my time as a fan is one I have come to remember fondly - the Chipotle game in 2015!

As terrible as the many basketball losses have been, none holds a candle to the WF football loss in 2015.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:This is like the tense end of a tournament game except disgusting and abysmal.

This is super discouraging for the long-term.

In spite of how bad we are, easily a top 5 worst loss in the history of the program.

That’s a fun exercise.

The ‘16 opener vs Nichols State is #1. We lost to a 30 loss team with a backcourt of Bowman and Robinson

Also known as the game where the fire alarm lights kept flashing the whole game.

Interestingly, the most miserable performance I've seen in my time as a fan is one I have come to remember fondly - the Chipotle game in 2015!

As terrible as the many basketball losses have been, none holds a candle to the WF football loss in 2015.

Meh. I'll take Diamond Ferri running for eleventy billion yards a week after we slayed the Morgantown Jinx and thereby costing us a Fiesta Bowl berth. David Green's Fumblerama is way up there as well. if you are talking about a sheer nadir of ineptitude, rather than an unexpected ball stomp, then I'll take Spaz's loss to an 0-4 Army team that ended the season 2-10 (as would we). Among the teams that beat that Army team handily were Kent State, Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Rutgers, Temple and Stony Brook. That BC team and the entire coaching staff should have been loaded onto the top of a Saturn rocket and launched into the sun.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Yup. 11/27/04 is a day that lives in infamy

http://www.espn.com/college-football/re ... =243320103
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:23 pm

2006 NC State football game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:2006 NC State football game.

the first rcc win for Tobias
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I blocked that game out. I think I got in a cyber spat with SFO because I told him his college boyfriend who left with Toby to go to NC State was a shitty coach and shittier human being when it was revealed Swepson was negative recruiting against BC.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:59 am

my first bc induced nut punch as a student, good times
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:39 pm

In 2006 TOB was our coach and NC State beat us on a late TD. Chuck the Chest was their coach.

I remember saying to NC State fans that came over to gloat on EI that they literally hired a coach who was out coached by the one they just fired. They did not seem to understand.

Or is everyone talking about some other game that TOB beat BC as the coach of NC State which would have been a meaningless win over :spaz2 :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:56 pm

No this was Toby at BC. Evans threw a bomb with 8 seconds left. 74 lost his shit for 2 years about freshmen QBs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No this was Toby at BC. Evans threw a bomb with 8 seconds left. 74 lost his shit for 2 years about freshmen QBs.

read the game recap. it's like a mindfuck from a different era:

Boston College seemed to have the game in hand after getting the
ball on N.C. State's 35 following an interception with 3:08 left.
But the Wolfpack defense held, stopping Brian Toal on a fourth-down
run to get the ball back at its own 28 with 46 seconds to play.

can't you just feel your blood boil re-imagining the play calls on those 4 downs?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 pm

This will never be topped - by BC, or any other team playing the sport of organized football:

Oct 10, 2015
Associated Press
BOSTON -- Wake Forest's defensive players knew to take their time if they got one stop because it could run out on Boston College.

They were right.

Mike Weaver kicked a 25-yard field goal after Wake Forest forced a turnover deep in Boston College's territory in the third quarter, and the Demon Deacons held on for a 3-0 victory Saturday as the clock expired on the Eagles.

BC had first-and-goal at the 1 with 29 seconds left shortly after Wake Forest quarterback John Wolford fumbled the ball with 56 seconds to play. Boston College's Tyler Rouse ran for no gain, and Jeff Smith spiked the ball as the clock hit :00.

After a replay review, the referee confirmed the game was over.

"That's Football 101. It comes with experience," Demon Deacons linebacker Brandon Chubb said. "We said that before the play: `Don't get up. They have no timeouts. Slowly get up. Don't get up until someone pulls you up."

The win snapped a two-game losing streak for Wake Forest (3-3, 1-2 ACC). The Eagles (3-3, 0-3) have lost three straight.

"I think going into the game that everybody thought this was going to be a shootout, whoever had the ball last was going to win the game," Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson said, joking before praising the defenses. "Really a great, great defensive game. Both teams did everything they could to give the other team the game."

The Eagles also had a third-and-1 at the Wake Forest 8 with under two minutes left, but Troy Flutie fumbled on a sneak, the ball squirted out of the pile and defensive back Zach Dancel recovered.

Boston College's Colton Lichtenberg missed two field-goal attempts -- from 26 and 31 yards.

Weaver missed on a 43-yard attempt in the opening half.

The Eagles, who piled up easy wins over a pair of FCS schools in their first two games, came in ranked No. 1 among FBS schools with the fewest yards allowed. The Demon Deacons entered the game ranked 20th.

The Demon Deacons collected just 142 total yards. Boston College had 270.

Wake Forest's defense came into the game without collecting a turnover.

"Once you get that first turnover, there's something about it, maybe it's an icebreaker," Chubb said. "They just start coming."

BC fumbled four times, losing three, and had an interception.

Eagles coach Steve Addazio wanted to take one run before changing kickers.

"Could we have thrown the ball? Absolutely, but, you know, with our outfit right now, that was the right logic, the right judgement and that I stand by completely," he said. "It didn't pan out. It didn't work out, so it's on me. That's life. I'm a big boy, got to handle it and we'll move forward."

Early in the third, Chubb recovered Jordan Gowins' fumble at the Eagles 5. After losing two yards, the Demon Deacons settled for Weaver's decisive field goal.

Boston College drove deep into Wake Forest territory, helped by two unsportsmanlike penalties. But Lichtenberg was wide left on his 26-yard attempt and Addazio looked to the sky in disbelief.

Lichtenberg missed his 31-yarder in the final minute of the opening quarter, nailing the right upright.

It was only fitting that Wake Forest's punter Alex Kinal set a conference record for most career yards during a scoreless opening half.

The Eagles had consecutive false start penalties before getting whistled for delay of game after their first two offensive plays.

Weaver was wide right on his 43-yard try midway into the second. He was 8 of 10 on the season before the miss.

The teams traded interceptions about a minute apart near midfield early in the second, but both sides failed to get into field-goal range.

Wake Forest is at North Carolina next week. The Eagles travel to No. 6 Clemson.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:53 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Image

What a piece of shit
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:59 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Image

This is the winner (in the non basketball division)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:27 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

In 2006 TOB was our coach and NC State beat us on a late TD. Chuck the Chest was their coach.

I remember saying to NC State fans that came over to gloat on EI that they literally hired a coach who was out coached by the one they just fired. They did not seem to understand.

Or is everyone talking about some other game that TOB beat BC as the coach of NC State which would have been a meaningless win over :spaz2 :ace

i am aware what sideline tobias was on.

i am also aware that the play calling on that last drive made it feel like tobias was helping to coach the clowncar in the 4th quarter. 3rd and toal, 4th and toal. turnover on downs. at the time i pointed out that the 4th quarter felt like tobias had already switched sides and was pulling the strings on chuck's chest to close out the game
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:15 pm

The Wake game was most embarrassing game by all involved since helmets were invented. The 2006 NCSU game was the worst nut punch of this century.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:39 pm

What could be a bigger nut punch than the 2006 Villanova game? The best team you’ve ever had losing to a rival in overtime on a goaltend after they were up 25-9 earlier in the game? Nothing. I submit nothing. Losing to a middling FSU team a week after beating #8 VaTech in Lane was pretty nut-punchy, but after the nut punch the following week vs Maryland, you sort of forgot you got punched in the nuts before that. Nothing mutes and muffles the pain of a nut punch quite like a second punch to the nuts
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:31 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:What could be a bigger nut punch than the 2006 Villanova game? The best team you’ve ever had losing to a rival in overtime on a goaltend after they were up 25-9 earlier in the game? Nothing. I submit nothing. Losing to a middling FSU team a week after beating #8 VaTech in Lane was pretty nut-punchy, but after the nut punch the following week vs Maryland, you sort of forgot you got punched in the nuts before that. Nothing mutes and muffles the pain of a nut punch quite like a second punch to the nuts

I think I had blocked that 'Nova game out of my mind. The FSU game was more understandable, as it was a slog played in the remnants of a hurricane; it was like a cold monsoon with 50-60 MPH winds, and FSU has always had talented players. The Maryland loss was much worse.

The SU/Diamond Ferri loss was the worst this century; That was a shitty SU team that had just lost to Temple, and they got crushed by Ga Tech in the bowl game. Matt Ryan simply wasn't ready, BC would have won with Paul Pete, who should have been pulled earlier from the game at Temple. I'm agreeing with Dick that the David Green fumble vs. WVU was even worse; Alumni was louder that night than vs. any ND game I've been to, and despite being listed at a capacity of 33K, BC sold tickets to (or let in) at least an extra 7-10,000 fans. The loss to Miami in '91, while unpleasant, wasn't that bad, because everyone knew the talent discrepancy and there was hope for the future under Coughlin. Was the '97 loss to Miami the one where Obie forgot the OT rules? Now that was a nut punch. The loss when St. Pierre threw the pick-6 off of a defender's knee (2001?) was like getting hit in the nuts by a hammer.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Meh, basketball is not relevant enough to be a nut punch.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:25 pm

The weather at FSU has always been overrated. It was bad at the start but never rained during gameplay and by the end I was in a t-shirt to watch Matt Ryan throw two passes past the LoS.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:What could be a bigger nut punch than the 2006 Villanova game? The best team you’ve ever had losing to a rival in overtime on a goaltend after they were up 25-9 earlier in the game? Nothing. I submit nothing. Losing to a middling FSU team a week after beating #8 VaTech in Lane was pretty nut-punchy, but after the nut punch the following week vs Maryland, you sort of forgot you got punched in the nuts before that. Nothing mutes and muffles the pain of a nut punch quite like a second punch to the nuts

I've got one. Jamie O'Leary off the cross bar against an absolutely detestable Michigan team to win the National Championship in Boston and slay the streak dragon turns into the dribbler from the corner. I don't think I've ever been angrier and I feel sorry--a little--for what happened to the Michigan prick who tried to sing Hail to the Victors in my ear outside the Penalty Box (or whatever the terrible B's themed bar was outside the TD Garden or was it still the Fleet Center then?). Modern dentistry is amazing and I think the implants he was going to need would look totally natural. From what I understand the statute of limitations on assault is only 20 years in Massachusetts, so hopefully it's all water under the bridge now. The hockey nut punches from then until Kolanos were all absolutely brutal, but the Kolanos goal dulled most of that pain.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

I've got one. Jamie O'Leary off the cross bar against an absolutely detestable Michigan team to win the National Championship in Boston and slay the streak dragon turns into the dribbler from the corner. I don't think I've ever been angrier and I feel sorry--a little--for what happened to the Michigan prick who tried to sing Hail to the Victors in my ear outside the Penalty Box (or whatever the terrible B's themed bar was outside the TD Garden or was it still the Fleet Center then?). Modern dentistry is amazing and I think the implants he was going to need would look totally natural. From what I understand the statute of limitations on assault is only 20 years in Massachusetts, so hopefully it's all water under the bridge now. The hockey nut punches from then until Kolanos were all absolutely brutal, but the Kolanos goal dulled most of that pain.

Think I counted 7 missed scoring chances in the 3rd period and OT, and then the game-loser was a glorified pass at an impossible angle. But then again, that’s BC athletics for you
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:00 am

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:21 am

kid got doggystyled
TobaccoRoadEagle