2023 NCAA Tournament

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2023 NCAA Tournament

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Our signature win over UVA not looking so great. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: 2023 NCAA Tournament

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:28 am

The SEC apparently is very good at basketball these days.

So for how many years has the big 10 gotten a ridiculous amount of bids to be basically gone the first weekend? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:35 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:The SEC apparently is very good at basketball these days.

So for how many years has the big 10 gotten a ridiculous amount of bids to be basically gone the first weekend? :ace

Ever since they implemented NET to keep them from divorcing the NCAA. I believe it has been 9 teams in 2020 and 2021 and 8 this year. Almost all were gone by the first weekend.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:16 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:So for how many years has the big 10 gotten a ridiculous amount of bids to be basically gone the first weekend? :ace

The 1990s.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 pm

Boom. Big 10 vastly overrated again. Fuck Rutgers too
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Ever since they implemented NET to keep them from divorcing the NCAA. I believe it has been 9 teams in 2020 and 2021 and 8 this year. Almost all were gone by the first weekend.

well, in a purely subjective selection process for 37 of 68 playoff spots, he who has the most alumni who give a damn about watching sports on television, wins the slots
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

If I recall you were very much against BC getting rid of Jim Christian and hiring Danny Hurley. Now we know your true sUeConn agenda (as always). :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:46 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

If I recall you were very much against BC getting rid of Jim Christian and hiring Danny Hurley. Now we know your true sUeConn agenda (as always). :ace

This.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:09 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

You guys are mixing up your Hurleys. Since the search function isn't broken, history shows that (besides Logi's continued efforts to marry into Dick's family so he can join other 10-percenters pretending they are 1-percenters in Sleepy Hollow) they were in fact ardent supporters of Hurley... but, the floor-slapping, motorcycle-crashing, Laettner-loving Bobby. I promoted the blue-collar, hard-drinking, Seton Hall grad. My preference for Danny was mostly due to the idea that we should've gone back to the URI well where we found the best coach in BC history. That said, as I am the only one with an alma mater who tries to be good at sports, I am glad Danny Hurley landed at a place where his efforts wouldn't be sabotaged.
HJS on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 am {l Wrote}:Btw, I always thought Bates should have considered Danny Hurley for the BC job. I think he's going to eventually make his way to a Big 5 conference.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:45 am

Whatever, I like Danny Hurley and that team he's put together.

But the FAU thing is really something else. They looked really interesting as a dark horse because they were top-30 on both KenPom's offensive and defensive efficiency ratings, and they had experience through their roster. It had seemed like they hadn't played anyone, but now the NIT final has two of their Conference USA rivals in the final. Were we sleeping on Conference USA of all conferences? I still think UConn will squash whoever they play this weekend, but amazing that FAU may get to be the final squashee.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:51 pm

UConn is dick stomping everyone in the tourney. What they did to Gonzaga (get the best player on the team to 4 personal fouls 3 minutes into the second half) was pure genius level NCAA tournament basketball. I see no reason why that stops now.

That said, San Diego State goes 9 deep and of those 9. 7 are seniors. That level of age and depth, is standard operating procedure for this school and the team. Every 3 years, their team is very senior and very experienced. Personal fouls do not hurt this "anti-one-and-done" team the way it does others. And it wouldn't shock me if they not only won on Saturday, but also on Monday.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum