Game 24 Orange Theory

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 24 Orange Theory

Postby Logitano on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:29 am

5pm start on the ACC Network.

If BC does not win on "Karate Kid Night" there is no hope. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: Game 24 Orange Theory

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:25 pm

The Madsen 30 foot heat check isn’t good offense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:44 pm

I wish Grant was a better in game coach. Why is Bickerstaff back in there?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The Madsen 30 foot heat check isn’t good offense

Lots of turnovers down the stretch here.

Bad time to pick to do our long gap of not scoring. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:46 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The Madsen 30 foot heat check isn’t good offense

Lots of turnovers down the stretch here.

Bad time to pick to do our long gap of not scoring. :ace

They’re all by the same 2 or 3 players. Next year we need to find a better solution than those players
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:58 pm

Team fouls being 19-8 is curious
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Team fouls being 19-8 is curious

We did not really attack the basket all that much.

I probably saw a "few" that should have gone our way around the basket but not a lot to go all duke conspiracy.

Bickerstaff (I have said this before) is purely awful. Each game it is as if this was the first time he has ever played an organized game of basketball. The clear out in the first half was such a bush league move he should have been yanked for the remainder of the game on that alone. The moving screen at the end was just stupid.

The inability to shoot the 3 ball is as usual a backbreaker. Desperately need a guy who can spot up and shoot from there. Madsen has actually slightly improved but not enough. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

I probably saw a "few" that should have gone our way around the basket but not a lot to go all duke conspiracy.

Bickerstaff (I have said this before) is purely awful. Each game it is as if this was the first time he has ever played an organized game of basketball. The clear out in the first half was such a bush league move he should have been yanked for the remainder of the game on that alone. The moving screen at the end was just stupid.

The inability to shoot the 3 ball is as usual a backbreaker. Desperately need a guy who can spot up and shoot from there. Madsen has actually slightly improved but not enough. :ace

The Bickerstaff thing is a bit of bad coaching and a bit of a personnel issue. Putting him in the middle of that zone is asking him to do something he cannot which is on the coaches. The problem is that Glock was in foul trouble and there was no one else over about 6 feet tall to do the job. I’d rather give Penha a shot at it.

Chas Kelly only playing 11 minutes while you’re rolling Madsen out there for 30 minutes still is confusing to me. Chas was great tonight and I’m not really sure what value Madsen is bringing to this operation.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

The Bickerstaff thing is a bit of bad coaching and a bit of a personnel issue. Putting him in the middle of that zone is asking him to do something he cannot which is on the coaches. The problem is that Glock was in foul trouble and there was no one else over about 6 feet tall to do the job. I’d rather give Penha a shot at it.

Chas Kelly only playing 11 minutes while you’re rolling Madsen out there for 30 minutes still is confusing to me. Chas was great tonight and I’m not really sure what value Madsen is bringing to this operation.

Agree Penha should have been given a chance. Bickerstaff literally knocked down a pass to him late in the second half rather than catch the ball.

I am not agreeing to jump in on the Madsen hate. He is not as advertised but he actually tries and does not seem to be totally lost like he was at the start of the season. He could be of value as depth for next season. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum