BC NIL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC NIL

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:22 am

first time i've seen this

https://www.friendsoftheheights.org/ (no tre meatbaum)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: BC NIL

Postby Logitano on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:first time i've seen this

RIP Friends of the Program. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:55 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:

RIP Friends of the Program. :ace

That's only because FOP lost the website when shocker diverted adsense dollars to reopen this cesspool.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:23 am

did hansen play "javelin" with his track buddy member? i think their tenures at bc overlapped some
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:44 am

After yesterday, I'm a bit afraid that this was put together too late.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Campaign kickoff for this tomorrow afternoon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:55 am

Mutryn was (sadly) hilarious is this interview with BC Interruption:

The biggest message from this is that this should not affect anyone’s donation to Boston College...This should be in addition to that. I think a lot of people would agree with that, and want that as well. Because this is something to go above and beyond.

Obviously Mute decided better to maintain this fiction and ignore the economic substitution effect as endlessly discussed the past decades in the "CPI" vs "chained CPI" debate for Social Security payments (ask Dick ;) ). But what an end run around the Flynn Fund :lol: ! How can Jesuit BC say no, don't give to a nonprofit that will compensate our athletes for engaging in charitable work to benefit the broader community? How could they say no you can't do this on your own time, even if you're not wearing anything identifying Boston College?

I'll be interested to see if the IRS really does approve nonprofit status for this. Nevertheless, if this turns out to be legitimate, support sports by giving to BC the institution vs. BC's athletes via sponsoring charitable work in the community? Given that none of us are George Soros or the Koch brothers, we'll probably have to choose.

Seems like an easy decision to me. Leaves BC's only move to kill high-level sports altogether. "Nice to be in the ACC there, shame if we had to withdraw and go to the Patriot level."
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:Mutryn was (sadly) hilarious is this interview with BC Interruption:

The biggest message from this is that this should not affect anyone’s donation to Boston College...This should be in addition to that. I think a lot of people would agree with that, and want that as well. Because this is something to go above and beyond.

Obviously Mute decided better to maintain this fiction and ignore the economic substitution effect as endlessly discussed the past decades in the "CPI" vs "chained CPI" debate for Social Security payments (ask Dick ;) ). But what an end run around the Flynn Fund :lol: ! How can Jesuit BC say no, don't give to a nonprofit that will compensate our athletes for engaging in charitable work to benefit the broader community? How could they say no you can't do this on your own time, even if you're not wearing anything identifying Boston College?

I'll be interested to see if the IRS really does approve nonprofit status for this. Nevertheless, if this turns out to be legitimate, support sports by giving to BC the institution vs. BC's athletes via sponsoring charitable work in the community? Given that none of us are George Soros or the Koch brothers, we'll probably have to choose.

Seems like an easy decision to me. Leaves BC's only move to kill high-level sports altogether. "Nice to be in the ACC there, shame if we had to withdraw and go to the Patriot level."

Did you start drinking early this Friday?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:56 am

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2022/12/ ... 049820.htm

apparently they've raised over $500k to date
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:https://www.prweb.com/releases/2022/12/prweb19049820.htm

apparently they've raised over $500k to date

Maybe enough for 1 OL from the portal.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:40 pm

someone took care of joe griffin as he has a deal with audi
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:someone took care of joe griffin as he has a deal with audi

Link?
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:15 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed May 03, 2023 11:50 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 03, 2023 2:07 pm

Compare that to BC, where the top-earning athlete is football defensive end Donovan Ezeiruaku at $618,000.

this surprised me
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:26 am

bc hired a GM of the NIL program. Tom Devitt '93: https://friendsoftheheights.com/blogs/n ... al-manager
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:31 pm

the fish family are matching up to $500k through year end:

Through the generosity and commitment of its Board of Directors and a notable partner, Friends of the Heights is thrilled to announce an end-of-year giving campaign: The first $500,000 committed to Friends of the Heights will be matched dollar-for-dollar until Dec. 31, 2023. Once fully committed, this campaign will result in at least a $1 million total impact, expanding Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) opportunities available to Boston College student-athletes through the collective while also enhancing the student-athletes’ charitable opportunities facilitated by the collective.

This end-of-year giving campaign is backed by the collective’s Board members, including Joe Popolo ‘89, Brian Tusa ‘94, Sam Raia ’97 and Scott Mutryn ’98, as well as Boston College Board of Trustees Chairman John Fish.

“We stand firmly behind our student-athletes as they pursue greatness on behalf of Boston College,” said Popolo. “As a community, to say we support them is one thing, but to manifest that support tangibly through this campaign is our goal. If you care for Boston College, it is important to consider supporting this critical initiative.”

In partnership with the BPS Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, Friends of the Heights allows Boston College student-athletes to support local community organizations, make appearances and promote charitable causes in the ethos of men and women for others. Thus, a charity receives the benefit of the student-athlete’s time and/or use of their image, while supporters earn a tax-deductible benefit for their donation. So far, in 2023 alone, Eagle student-athletes across eight athletic programs partnered with 20 local non-profit organizations, resulting in more than 6,200 community service hours while further promoting charitable causes.

Donors who would like to participate can make a tax-deductible contribution through Friends of the Heights’ partnership with the BPS Foundation, a national 501(c)(3) organization. Donors may also contribute via check, stock transfer or wire transfer. For questions on how to get involved or make a contribution, reach out to Tom Devitt, General Manager, at tom@friendsoftheheights.com.

"I have witnessed these gifted student-athletes perform elite service work in the Boston area,” said Friends of the Heights General Manager, Tom Devitt ‘93. “Not only will alumni and fanbase involvement continue this impact on our community, but it will also help us compete in the best conferences in the country."

Have questions about ways you can get involved with Friends of the Heights? Reach out to our General Manager, Tom Devitt, at tom@friendsoftheheights.com.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Was this from the letter that went out last week?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:54 pm

I won't give to BC anymore but I would give to this.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:17 am

Is "Name-Image-Likeness" compensation ALSO locked down (federally) by Title-IX law? What I mean is, if the student athletes get money for their name, image, or likeness, does all the money get distributed equally for the players that actually have "the name" and ALSO equally to each member of the girl's water polo team who already had scholarships given to them because of Title-IX? Or is NIL exempt/exclusive of Title-IX legislation and (technically) all the money could go to just one player at the school?
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:22 am

no
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:24 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:no

"no" is the answer to which question? I asked two.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:52 am

Technically, schools are not to be involved in NIL, therefore all the money can go to one player, in theory.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:58 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Technically, schools are not to be involved in NIL, therefore all the money can go to one player, in theory.

thank you
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:36 pm

an update on the Fish matching challenge

To our beloved Boston College community,

As we approach the end of 2023, we’re reaching out to ask for your support in creating a lasting impact in the lives of student-athletes and our Eagles community – one that will carry us into 2024. In the spirit of this mission and thanks to the generosity of our board and Boston College Board of Trustees Chairman John Fish, we’re excited to share that up to $500,000 in charitable donations to Friends of the Heights will be matched dollar-for-dollar from now until Dec. 31, 2023.

We are already well on our way to fulfilling this goal! We have raised $234,000 from 45 donors. We are deeply grateful for this support, but we have more work to do on behalf of our student-athletes.

Once fully committed, this campaign would result in at least a $1 million total impact, expanding NIL opportunities available to Boston College student-athletes while also enhancing charitable opportunities facilitated by the collective.

Why Give to Friends of the Heights?

Empowering Student-Athletes: Your donation directly supports student-athletes' educational and professional development, providing them with the tools they need for success inside and outside their chosen sport.
Unlocking Potential: We are committed to creating opportunities beyond the game, fostering a systemic culture where student-athletes give back to the communities that have supported their growth and success.
Multiplying Impact: Your contribution to the Friends of the Heights Collective will automatically be doubled, playing a vital role in shaping the future of talented individuals, in Boston College programs at large, and in our student-athletes charitable endeavors.

To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, you can make a tax-deductible donation that will allow student-athletes to partner with local charities on community service projects through our partnership with the BPS Foundation, a national 501c3 organization.

Let’s unite to create a ripple effect of change in the lives of student-athletes. Together, we can make a difference that resonates far beyond the court or field!

Thank you for your generosity and commitment to the success of Friends of the Heights and Boston College student-athletes.

With gratitude,
Tom Devitt
Friends of the Heights General Manager
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 pm

Couple of weeks ago someone told me that the FOTH NIL was updated so that you could allocate your donation to a specific sport(s). Anyone know if this is true? I don't see this option anywhere on the website.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:10 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele