What if SweetDee never offered Free Jurks

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What if SweetDee never offered Free Jurks

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:33 pm

We would’ve had two years of a better player in Anthony Brown. Would’ve won more than 6 games. And, we would building for the future with Emmett Moorhead.

Perhaps, Dee should remind her Twitter followers that everyone loves more head.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: What if SweetDee never offered Free Jurks

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:We would’ve had two years of a better player in Anthony Brown. Would’ve won more than 6 games. And, we would building for the future with Emmett Moorhead.

Perhaps, Dee should remind her Twitter followers that everyone loves more head.

Brown left prior to Dee's petition
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:41 pm

So did Kobay White. Hafley recruited him to stay. AB would’ve considered the same if it wasn’t for the whole Cignetti recruitment of Jurk.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:46 pm

Jurk is a jerk. There I said it.

I’d love to see someone who isn’t both bad at football AND a complete asshole. But, that’s just me.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:52 pm

Anthony Brown is terrible. Stop.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Anthony Brown is terrible. Stop.

This
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:59 pm

No QB could be successful behind this OL. And nothing we saw from Morehead suggests he will be a good QB even though he had a good OL.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:07 pm

And yet he is much, much better in every way than Jurkovec.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:07 pm

Agreed. Ask Oregon fans how much Brown cost them.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah, no. He fucking sucked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

And Jurkovec sucks more. It may be an IB vs Hansen glory hole contest, but I’m taking AB over QP2 every fucking time.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

You can argue who was worse but it cannot be argued that Brown sucked
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This. Ask and Oregon fan. AB had so much talent around him it was ridiculous. It’s a Wonderful Life AB, who never goes to Oregon, is even more terrible than Jurk and likely suffers a catastrophic injury behind this horrific offensive line.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

And Jurkovec sucks more. It may be an IB vs Hansen glory hole contest, but I’m taking AB over QP2 every fucking time.

Yeah, Jersey Boys. Anthony Brown BLOWS worse than Asbury Park
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

But not worse than Phil Jurkovec.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Actually, yes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

What QB could do anything behind this line?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:22 pm

Hey, the guy on ACC was like "every one wants to blast this line, and we should blast them, but the one time Jurk was able to throw, he missed a guy."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 pm

jurk had no time all night, and the running game was pathetic. The AB/Jurk debate is ridiculous. Neither of them, or any BC QB in history, would succeed with this line. The only thing more ridiculous is HJS' belief that Moorehead is good. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what little we saw of him last year, with a very good OL, was awful.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:37 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:jurk had no time all night, and the running game was pathetic. The AB/Jurk debate is ridiculous. Neither of them, or any BC QB in history, would succeed with this line. The only thing more ridiculous is HJS' belief that Moorehead is good. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what little we saw of him last year, with a very good OL, was awful.

The Line is the primary issue. The play calling not doing more to adjust to terrible line is a factor. But Jurk also not playing as well as he did last year is a factor in all of this. If Jurk plays better we beat Rutgers.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:40 pm

Jurk was terrible in a Ukrainian President giving a speech in Kiev kind of way.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:44 pm

I just want to point out that billyshelby is defending both Jurk and McNulty. He thinks both are good and would be incredibly successful but-for the OL. I’d like to interrupt the lovefest and point out that neither has ever been successful in college (even though both have been given a million of chances). But, go ahead… can’t wait to hear about how both are also real good people and teammates. #batedbreath

Btw… the best way to run an offense without an OL, is to run the QB. The last time we had a similar joke of an OL, Jeff Smith was the only one who found success. But, of course, Todd Fitch and Fadule (both of whom bs similarly defended as victims) preferred the whole drop-back, slow-developing plays the current O employs.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I just want to point out that billyshelby is defending both Jurk and McNulty. He thinks both are good and would be incredibly successful but-for the OL. I’d like to interrupt the lovefest and point out that neither has ever been successful in college (even though both have been given a million of chances). But, go ahead… can’t wait to hear about how both are also real good people and teammates. #batedbreath

Btw… the best way to run an offense without an OL, is to run the QB. The last time we had a similar joke of an OL, Jeff Smith was the only one who found success. But, of course, Todd Fitch and Fadule (both of whom bs similarly defended as victims) preferred the whole drop-back, slow-developing plays the current O employs.

I didn't say any of that. Maybe you should try a little less hyperbole. These are facts: We've seen Jurk be very good, if injury prone. We've seen two whole games of McNulty. We've seen an offensive line that is so horrific I'm not sure what any QB or OC could do with it. And while I hope Moorehead turns out good, all we've ever seen of him is being a terrible, outmatched college QB.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:00 pm

The play calling sucks, but it sucks less than the very typically BC legacy OLIne. BC mostly sucks because of legacy admissions.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm

Both Jurk and McNulty have had careers before BC. All were failures. Jurk was spotty in his first season at BC and has t had a good game since GT 2 years ago. He has regressed to the point where bad games greatly outnumber good. He isn’t getting better and has no future either here or in the pros. Those are all also facts.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Both Jurk and McNulty have had careers before BC. All were failures. Jurk was spotty in his first season at BC and has t had a good game since GT 2 years ago. He has regressed to the point where bad games greatly outnumber good. He isn’t getting better and has no future either here or in the pros. Those are all also facts.

By comparison, Trapillo and the other legacy that I can't remember have zero careers.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Both Jurk and McNulty have had careers before BC. All were failures. Jurk was spotty in his first season at BC and has t had a good game since GT 2 years ago. He has regressed to the point where bad games greatly outnumber good. He isn’t getting better and has no future either here or in the pros. Those are all also facts.

Not facts. McNulty's OC experience was 10 years ago and he's had a pretty solid resume since. Jurk was a "failure" at ND because he didn't start over Book? And no, Jurk has had more good games than bad by any objective metric. He's not Matt Ryan by any stretch, but he's light years beyond anything we ever saw from AB. I don't even know what your agenda is, but like most things you post you're wrong.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 pm

I just farted it and it absolutely reeked of sulfur
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:27 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I just farted it and it absolutely reeked of semen

like nospace’s pickle jar, I assume

Hansen’s jizz filled rectum aside, at least glass Phil is an asshole on top of sucking at quarterbackmanship
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I just farted it and it absolutely reeked of semen

like nospace’s pickle jar, I assume

Hansen’s jizz filled rectum aside, at least glass Phil is an asshole on top of sucking at quarterbackmanship

I am only going to quote the following from former VT star player Eddie Royal and leave it to the rest of you to debate the prowess of Jurkovec: “I was actually really nervous watching the game because BC had a ton of open guys down the field the whole game. Luckily Jurkovec never looked up and saw them. I think he was too busy looking down at the people coming at him.”
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium