Official Gameday Thread: BC v VTech 9/10/22

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread: BC v VTech 9/10/22

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:20 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:Blame the staff for not recruiting or using the portal for the OL. That's fair. But there is no way to strategize winning with an OL this bad. Neither Jurk nor the OC can do much of anything.

Is this not year 3? Who is to blame for the line?

Did I not say blame the staff for not recruiting or using the portal for the OL? But neither Jurk nor the OC has anything to do with that.

Okay. Hey, some of the line has the same names as fat fuckers that played in a different era. So we should be good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:Blame the staff for not recruiting or using the portal for the OL. That's fair. But there is no way to strategize winning with an OL this bad. Neither Jurk nor the OC can do much of anything.

Did I not say blame the staff for not recruiting or using the portal for the OL? But neither Jurk nor the OC has anything to do with that.

Okay. Hey, some of the line has the same names as fat fuckers that played in a different era. So we should be good.

I'll bet some or all of them will be good. The mistake was in not using the portal to bring in a few one year guys to bridge the transition to a whole new line.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:27 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'll bet some or all of them will be good. The mistake was in not using the portal to bring in a few one year guys to bridge the transition to a whole new line.

Zero chance the losers on this line become good. I won't know, though. Let me know.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The morons that think this offensive line can be even atrocious, which would be an improvement, should kill themselves. The two legacies should transfer to Ivies now. God Kendall BLOWS

What does it say that I think he might be one of the best of the group out there today?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:35 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The morons that think this offensive line can be even atrocious, which would be an improvement, should kill themselves. The two legacies should transfer to Ivies now. God Kendall BLOWS

What does it say that I think he might be one of the best of the group out there today?

It says you didn't watch the game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

It says you didn't watch the game.

LG? The tackles we’re getting speed rushed to death and it was hard to watch. The RG looked like a turnstile.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance the losers on this line become good. I won't know, though. Let me know.

What does it say about the kids on the bench who are somehow behind the ones on the field? Wasn’t Kevin Pyne a superstar from ISL that we landed to the huzzahs of massholes? The Patsy’s tide raises all boats arguments were always high comedy in trying to justify New England high schools still fielding FB teams.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance the losers on this line become good. I won't know, though. Let me know.

What does it say about the kids on the bench who are somehow behind the ones on the field? Wasn’t Kevin Pyne a superstar from ISL that we landed to the huzzahs of massholes? The Patsy’s tide raises all boats arguments were always high comedy in trying to justify New England high schools still fielding FB teams.

Wait, what?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm

How's the Jersey football these days? NJ Jets feeling 5th?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:07 am

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Pyne was NOT ISL!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:15 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Pyne was NOT ISL!

Ok. Whateverthefuck…. I recall Milford, so I figured it was Milford Academy and not the shitty public HS. My bad for not knowing the ins and outs of Mass conferences. Nonetheless, this place was aglow with Massholes singing Kevin Pyne’s commitment. Since then, no one mentions him and he apparently isn’t good enough to suit-up for this slapstick OL. I guess it is just run-of-the-mill overhyped Mass HS football rearing its incompetent head once again.

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:whoah kevin pyne just committed

offers from just about everyone

Wow - THIS IS HUGE!

Looking through the predictions of a Trapilo/Pyne/Kendall line bringing BC back to its New England roots to reestablish OLU is funny. But, it will be funnier when Hafley bemoans the loss of Cline (who folks were questioning why he was even brought in as PWO).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:02 pm

Leave it to BC athletics to not post the interviews with criticism of other players and/or the coaching staff. Second time this year they have down this.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Pyne was NOT ISL!

Ok. Whateverthefuck…. I recall Milford, so I figured it was Milford Academy and not the shitty public HS. My bad for not knowing the ins and outs of Mass conferences. Nonetheless, this place was aglow with Massholes singing Kevin Pyne’s commitment. Since then, no one mentions him and he apparently isn’t good enough to suit-up for this slapstick OL. I guess it is just run-of-the-mill overhyped Mass HS football rearing its incompetent head once again.

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:whoah kevin pyne just committed

offers from just about everyone

Wow - THIS IS HUGE!

Looking through the predictions of a Trapilo/Pyne/Kendall line bringing BC back to its New England roots to reestablish OLU is funny. But, it will be funnier when Hafley bemoans the loss of Cline (who folks were questioning why he was even brought in as PWO).

:kudos on your use of the search function. Obviously BC, Georgia, Clemson, ND, Ohio St.... got it wrong on Pyne but I do not know why people care about what state a player is from. We have had terrible players from many other states including NJ.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Leave it to BC athletics to not post the interviews with criticism of other players and/or the coaching staff. Second time this year they have down this.

huh?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:05 pm

i fell asleep during halfitme, seems like i didn't miss anything.

the issues with the OL aren't fixable this year. is this what hafley getting more involved in the offense looks like?

we went from a head coach hiring good coaches but couldn't stop micromanaging them to a head coach hiring shitty coaches and giving them free reign :chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Leave it to BC athletics to not post the interviews with criticism of other players and/or the coaching staff. Second time this year they have done this.

huh?

Chibuezze made some critical comments in an interview (I think it was him) that were reported by Backstrom. BC never made that video available.

Yesterday, Jurkovec made some critical comments (apparently) and miraculously yet again the interview is not made public.

Reeks of the old days with “Guys let’s keep it positive, recruits read these boards”. BC Athletics is such a Mickey Mouse operation. Yay, cookies and ice cream for everyone!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:53 pm

what were glass Phil’s comments? His inability to find and hit ope; receivers?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:11 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what were glass Phil’s comments? His inability to find and hit ope; receivers?

Implied that the practices were not hard enough from what I’ve heard. I take that as a shot at either the defensive players and/or coaches. Hard to say which without seeing the video with context.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:12 am

:whiteflag
hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what were glass Phil’s comments? His inability to find and hit ope; receivers?

Implied that the practices were not hard enough from what I’ve heard. I take that as a shot at either the defensive players and/or coaches. Hard to say which without seeing the video with context.

I think he’s comparing BC to the tough practices he had with Brian Kelly where he “lost the love for the game”. It sounds like he blames Hafley for getting him not to quit the sport he hates (or blaming him for ruining his NFL prospects at TE by keeping him at a position he can’t play).

Well… I for one… look forward to his next Addazio impression while yelling at WRs for being too open. Can’t wait for ND week when all those comments he said in the preseason will rear their head. Wonder if he’ll take a mental health break by then to prep for the combine.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}::whiteflag
hansen {l Wrote}:

I think he’s comparing BC to the tough practices he had with Brian Kelly where he “lost the love for the game”. It sounds like he blames Hafley for getting him not to quit the sport he hates (or blaming him for ruining his NFL prospects at TE by keeping him at a position he can’t play).

Well… I for one… look forward to his next Addazio impression while yelling at WRs for being too open. Can’t wait for ND week when all those comments he said in the preseason will rear their head. Wonder if he’ll take a mental health break by then to prep for the combine.

or find a barstool at city side for the full transformation into druncle dave
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:41 am

+5 for the Shinskie reference. Well played.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I dunno. After watching Notre Dame this weekend and the strategic stylings of Marcus Freemanham and Tommy Rees, that might be the one game Haflazzio and Shinskovec can win, as Tyler Buchner and Drew Pyne are two of the only QBs in D1 who are more ineffectual than Glass Phil.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:25 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I dunno. After watching Notre Dame this weekend and the strategic stylings of Marcus Freemanham and Tommy Rees, that might be the one game Haflazzio and Shinskovec can win, as Tyler Buchner and Drew Pyne are two of the only QBs in D1 who are more ineffectual than Glass Phil.

Buchner is done for the year with shoulder surgery. So... its Jurk/McNulty bs Pyne/Rees.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I went to youtube to post some comments about this deplorable press conference. But (as I figured) comments were turned off. Which is wrong, but what can you do?

I gave him 2 years without any criticism. The team is entirely his now. This is unacceptable. I want Hafley gone. Today. Like, immediately. The fact that these media people are BC bootlickers to the point where they wont ask even one challenging question, I want them gone.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:18 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I went to youtube to post some comments about this deplorable press conference. But (as I figured) comments were turned off. Which is wrong, but what can you do?

I gave him 2 years without any criticism. The team is entirely his now. This is unacceptable. I want Hafley gone. Today. Like, immediately. The fact that these media people are BC bootlickers to the point where they wont ask even one challenging question, I want them gone.

Not exactly sure what you want him to say in these press conferences. Until they fix the OL play or at least get it to mediocre it's pretty impossible to evaluate anything else on offense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:18 am

jurk was pressured on 50% of his dropbacks & we're averaging the fewest rushing yards per game in the acc by nearly a full football field

i'd settle for horrendous from the OL after the 1st 2 games
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:20 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Not exactly sure what you want him to say in these press conferences. Until they fix the OL play or at least get it to mediocre it's pretty impossible to evaluate anything else on offense.

Say, the coaching staff did NOT spend enough time with the offensive line to get them ready for college football. Because they are not ready. That is on us (the coaching staff) and I have FIRED such-and-such coaches for failing in their capacity to get the kids ready. That hasn't happened.

Say that our recruiting is far below what is expected of ACC level athletes and that was evident when we didn't steam roll Rutgers. Alabama could field a team of 18 year old freshmen and beat that Rutgers team 85-0 on any field, any time of day. BC can't beat them at home with their varsity players. That is on the coaching staff and I have FIRED such-and-such coaches for recruiting dog shit players. That hasn't happened.

What do I want the media to say? Coach, your offense can't move the ball, can't get a first down? What happened? Why is it that your offensive line can't block anybody? What is the specific problem and why didn't you fix this problem after Rutgers? And why can't we compare the offense to the defense, because the defensive players are probably totally discouraged? That hasn't happened.

:toby constantly bitched and moaned about how hard it was to "sell BC" to top athletes. He was CONSTANTLY complaining about how hard it was to do his job as HC at BC. And for that bitching, we all hated the man. But you know what? No matter how much bitching he did, he DELIVERED and recruited his fucking ass off. His players were top notch players, best in the conference after Miami left. I can handle complaining from the coach so long as he wins 8 or 9 games a year.

I want Hafley to be embarrassed. The young man makes millions of dollars from your alma matter and whatever he is doing, its not working. I had more confidence in :spaz3 . I want Addazio back at this point.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:51 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:...Alabama ...

costco the results of their game saturday and then shut the fuck up some more
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Say, the coaching staff did NOT spend enough time with the offensive line to get them ready for college football. Because they are not ready. That is on us (the coaching staff) and I have FIRED such-and-such coaches for failing in their capacity to get the kids ready. That hasn't happened.

Say that our recruiting is far below what is expected of ACC level athletes and that was evident when we didn't steam roll Rutgers. Alabama could field a team of 18 year old freshmen and beat that Rutgers team 85-0 on any field, any time of day. BC can't beat them at home with their varsity players. That is on the coaching staff and I have FIRED such-and-such coaches for recruiting dog shit players. That hasn't happened.

What do I want the media to say? Coach, your offense can't move the ball, can't get a first down? What happened? Why is it that your offensive line can't block anybody? What is the specific problem and why didn't you fix this problem after Rutgers? And why can't we compare the offense to the defense, because the defensive players are probably totally discouraged? That hasn't happened.

:toby constantly bitched and moaned about how hard it was to "sell BC" to top athletes. He was CONSTANTLY complaining about how hard it was to do his job as HC at BC. And for that bitching, we all hated the man. But you know what? No matter how much bitching he did, he DELIVERED and recruited his fucking ass off. His players were top notch players, best in the conference after Miami left. I can handle complaining from the coach so long as he wins 8 or 9 games a year.

I want Hafley to be embarrassed. The young man makes millions of dollars from your alma matter and whatever he is doing, its not working. I had more confidence in :spaz3 . I want Addazio back at this point.

Recruiting wise, I think the healthy OL is 4 4* players and 1 high 3* player (who might've also been a 4* player). All these players had lots of high major offers and BC recruited them alway from legit P5 schools.

Coaching wise I have no idea what's going on. They look really confused by assignments and the technique is terrible.

Playing at night at VT was always going to be a disaster for this OL. It's going to happen against at FSU in 2 weeks.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium