FIRE EVERYONE

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

FIRE EVERYONE

Postby Manny on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 pm

I haven't caught up on the board but I assume this is the general sentiment, alongside "We can't hope to hang with Greg Schiano" (HJS), "Jurkovic was never good, everyone at ND has been saying it for years" (Dick), and "Elmer's must be suffering from all the women and millenials Quiet Quitting, their recipe just doesn't taste as good as it used to" (IB).

Losing to Rutgers does fucking suck, but on the bright side, I didn't remember we had a game on Saturday until it had been over for hours. It's an approach I can recommend, though it does perhaps lend support to the title of the thread.
Manny
Carney Hall

Re: FIRE EVERYONE

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:32 pm

I am okay with the AD letting everyone go. But did Hafley get his contract extended last season?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:23 pm

I don't think that it would be a good idea to fire anybody right now.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:43 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:29 pm

Manny was ahead of the game
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:53 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:31 am

bump.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:00 pm

I want to be realistic and Mullen's out of reach despite the fact that someone of that caliber is needed.

Curt Cignetti? Tyson Helton? Jamey Chadwell? Jason Candle?

I think Mike Yucich, Penn St's OC, would be a great hire, but given how Hafley went I think HC experience is a pre-requisite.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:28 pm

I don't think Mullen or any retread who has been fired from a p5 is out of reach. There are only so many head coaching jobs and they know they can't always be picky. Look at Lane Kiffin taking Florida Atlantic. Joe Moorhead took the Akron job.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:05 pm

We live in very interesting college football times. Interesting times create whole new opportunities for the creative and inventive AD who can think outside the fucking box. I'll bet Jake Dickert and Jonathan Smith are approachable and would work at BC for pennies on the dollar.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:49 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:I want to be realistic and Mullen's out of reach despite the fact that someone of that caliber is needed.

Curt Cignetti? Tyson Helton? Jamey Chadwell? Jason Candle?

I think Mike Yucich, Penn St's OC, would be a great hire, but given how Hafley went I think HC experience is a pre-requisite.

Next coach HC experience absolutely has to be a prerequisite
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:07 pm

I'm skeptical of the idea that anyone will come to BC simply because it's a P5 (pending FSU and Clemson not finding a way to break GOR). Guys who need a full image rehab go to a lower level but BC doesn't touch them and never will. Mora and UConn is different because the phone had stopped ringing, but I don't think that's comparable to a guy like Mullen who most feel was fired too soon. I mean sure if you want to consider Willie Taggart, Butch Jones, Mike London, and Clay Helton, they will come here, but do we want them?

Although I think Leahy would like it if we got the family discount hiring Clay, Tyson, and Kim Helton.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:12 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:I'm skeptical of the idea that anyone will come to BC simply because it's a P5 (pending FSU and Clemson not finding a way to break GOR).

Hopefully, one of the counsellors (who may have read the new contract) can chime in here.

I haven't seen all the details with Stanford and Cal (its all very new) but it wouldn't surprise me if part of the deal of bringing in those three schools means that Clemson and FSU get a little more money than the other ACC schools just to shut them up. I have no idea. But, maybe they gave the two of them (three if you include UNC) some additional concessions.

With Cal and Stanford getting just 30% shares and SMU getting ZERO for nine years, there is probably some cake to be offered to FSU and Clemson.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby sader87 on Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:26 pm

Holy Cross' HC Chesney will probably be the next BC HC....unfortunately for us
sader87
n00b

Postby Irishriviera on Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:39 am

I'm hoping we can get Chesney to swap teams at half time next week.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:59 am

It is systemic. Duke (a much higher academic institution with competent leadership) was able to grab a comparable DC with no HC experience at about the same time and have had results that are as different as their height.

Sure… some of it is luck. Some of it is incompetence (shouldn’t be lost on any of us as to how crappy his Rutgers-lite coaching tree was and how quickly they left for the exits once they saw his operation). But, at the end of the day, from the top on down, BC has shown over and over and over and over again that it does not see value in a successful sports program.

The BOT doesn’t care about athletics and are too afraid of the President. Leahy overtly hates the role athletics plays in college. Combined, their legacy is the purposeful downsizing of a once-proud program. At least, the whalepants (who seem to maintain an outsized influence) will be happy with the renewed battle with HC in both football and academic rankings.

Btw… never forget how bad Marty truly was. Fired Daz to hire Haf and extended Christian. Failing upward is probably too generous a phrase to explain his career.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:25 am

Losing to Holy Cross is 100% on the table.

The part I don't get is how BC possibly came out that flat on Saturday. Watch Deon's team walk out at Colorado. I literally watched guys walk out of the tunnel at BC onto the field. You've had 7 months to get prepared to play this game.

Say what you want about Addazio, but his teams were ready to play coming out of the locker room.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:02 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It is systemic. Duke (a much higher academic institution with competent leadership) was able to grab a comparable DC with no HC experience at about the same time and have had results that are as different as their height.

Sure… some of it is luck. Some of it is incompetence (shouldn’t be lost on any of us as to how crappy his Rutgers-lite coaching tree was and how quickly they left for the exits once they saw his operation). But, at the end of the day, from the top on down, BC has shown over and over and over and over again that it does not see value in a successful sports program.

The BOT doesn’t care about athletics and are too afraid of the President. Leahy overtly hates the role athletics plays in college. Combined, their legacy is the purposeful downsizing of a once-proud program. At least, the whalepants (who seem to maintain an outsized influence) will be happy with the renewed battle with HC in both football and academic rankings.

Btw… never forget how bad Marty truly was. Fired Daz to hire Haf and extended Christian. Failing upward is probably too generous a phrase to explain his career.

and he's one of the front runners to replace gene smith at OSU :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:The BOT doesn’t care about athletics and are too afraid of the President. Leahy overtly hates the role athletics plays in college. Combined, their legacy is the purposeful downsizing of a once-proud program. At least, the whalepants (who seem to maintain an outsized influence) will be happy with the renewed battle with HC in both football and academic rankings.

Their legacy is a deconstruction of competitive athletics AND preventing open-discussions on campus. Kudos to the BOT and Leahy to finally be ranked among Harvard and Yale for something.
https://rankings.thefire.org/rank/school/boston-college
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The BOT doesn’t care about athletics and are too afraid of the President. Leahy overtly hates the role athletics plays in college. Combined, their legacy is the purposeful downsizing of a once-proud program. At least, the whalepants (who seem to maintain an outsized influence) will be happy with the renewed battle with HC in both football and academic rankings.

Their legacy is a deconstruction of competitive athletics AND preventing open-discussions on campus. Kudos to the BOT and Leahy to finally be ranked among Harvard and Yale for something.
https://rankings.thefire.org/rank/school/boston-college

Perhaps, in an effort to make the student body as diverse as possible, the BOT has made the collective thought/thinking of that diverse population as UN-diverse and UN-accepting as possible? Either way, I seriously doubt that the BOT thinks those percentages in your link are a serious problem. That might be what they are aiming for....
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium