Other games thread 2022

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread 2022

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:39 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Apparently Bama Nation blames Bill O’B for their struggles. Exit visas appear imminent. Any way we can can Haz and hire Bill O’B? His brand might be damaged enough that he’d now consider BC.

That could be great new. Assistant HC/OC?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:In beating the ever living crap out of UNC, Syracuse and Clemson, while losing at home to Marshall and Stanford, Notre Dame has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the ACC should be relegated out of the P5. Maybe its the AAC, Sun Belt and MWC are all demonstrably better.

The ACC should cancel the Championship Game. No one is interested in watching two incredibly bad teams play each other for an undeserved slot in a NYD Bowl. Instead, the ACC should embrace its staggering awfulness and have BC play Georgia Tech to determine the absolute worst team in P5 and quite possibly all of FBS football. Even if BC were not playing, I'd tune it to that.

BC would back out at the last minute due to COVID.

Bright side is they can go live on the island with the flying lion and the broke jack in the box.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:go frogs.

how ironic I’m pulling for a team from fed ex, texas

You both have children at TCU; maybe this is how the buddy comedy starts.

Yeah, but this is how it ends.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:24 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The FSU-LSU game was the worst-coached game—on both sides—that I have ever watched. FSU is probably a 7-4 team in a terrible ACC. As far as LSU goes, they’ll beat Southern this coming Saturday, they will be favored over New Mexico and UAB, but those may be the only games they win. They look like the underdog in every game on the rest of the schedule and who knows, if they limp into the UAB game at 2-8, they could lose to the Blazers on their way to 2-10.

As for Clemson, I think they have fallen from the ranks of Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State. They look more on the Notre Dame level—they might make a playoff because their schedule is so weak (Their game at ND in November is the only game they will not be favored), but the current iteration, at best, can hope to hang tough with the aforementioned three for two or three quarters, and is more likely to get buried early. It will be interesting to see if Dabo sticks around when Saban retires in a couple of years.

Oomph, OP kinda missed on LSU!
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:51 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The FSU-LSU game was the worst-coached game—on both sides—that I have ever watched. FSU is probably a 7-4 team in a terrible ACC. As far as LSU goes, they’ll beat Southern this coming Saturday, they will be favored over New Mexico and UAB, but those may be the only games they win. They look like the underdog in every game on the rest of the schedule and who knows, if they limp into the UAB game at 2-8, they could lose to the Blazers on their way to 2-10.

As for Clemson, I think they have fallen from the ranks of Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State. They look more on the Notre Dame level—they might make a playoff because their schedule is so weak (Their game at ND in November is the only game they will not be favored), but the current iteration, at best, can hope to hang tough with the aforementioned three for two or three quarters, and is more likely to get buried early. It will be interesting to see if Dabo sticks around when Saban retires in a couple of years.

Oomph, OP kinda missed on LSU!

do you know randy rhodes? he was more involved with auburn, but you have a similar cut of your jib
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Nope, I don’t know anyone by that name…
Darren6
n00b

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:Nope, I don’t know anyone by that name…

Did they play “Neck” during the game? I only caught a few mins of the game.

One of my favorite college traditions!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:43 pm

Neck was not played. The current band director refuses to play it because he’s a family man and has two small children, so he has said that Neck will not be played under his watch. The chant is however done by the students to other random songs, at which the band stops playing and starts up one of the school songs. Last Saturday night in that stadium was a top 3 moment for me personally going back to the mid 80’s…electric atmosphere!
Darren6
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:18 pm

So glad LSU can gag this year, should be fun.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:02 pm

Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo. Lickety, Lickety, Zoo, Zoo. Who, Wah, Wah, Who. Give 'em Hell, TCU!

HORNS DOWN!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:44 am

you and mysterious stranger getting together at jerry world?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:you and mysterious stranger getting together at jerry world?

no
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:10 pm

saving money for the semis, makes sense. in my experience that's always turned out as the right play
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:22 am

Didn’t know where to put this…

You may be aware that, last night, there was a shooting on UVA’s campus killing 3 and injuring 2. The suspect is a former football player Chris Darnell Jones Jr.

The rumors circulating online is that all the victims are also UVA football players (I believe all in their junior year). He apparently waited for them in the parking garage as a bus returned to campus from DC (the players were attending a play for a class). One name rumored as killed is D’sean Perry (based on Perry’s dad’s Twitter account). Another rumored victim is Lavel Davis.

Update @ 11: All above now confirmed… along with the 3rd victim being identified as Devin Chandler.
Update @ 1130: Jones is in custody. The two others injured in the shooting are also football players (names yet to be released).

https://virginiasports.com/player/chris-jones/
https://virginiasports.com/player/dsean-perry/
https://virginiasports.com/player/lavel-davis/
https://virginiasports.com/sports/footb ... -chandler/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Didn’t know where to put this…

You may be aware that, last night, there was a shooting on UVA’s campus killing 3 and injuring 2. The suspect is a former football player Chris Darnell Jones Jr.

The rumors circulating online is that all the victims are also UVA football players (I believe all in their junior year). He apparently waited for them in the parking garage as a bus returned to campus from DC (the players were attending a play for a class). One name rumored as killed is D’sean Perry (based on Perry’s dad’s Twitter account). Another rumored victim is Lavel Davis.

Update @ 11: All above now confirmed… along with the 3rd victim being identified as Devin Chandler.
Update @ 1130: Jones is in custody. The two others injured in the shooting are also football players (names yet to be released).

As of 12:30 PM on Monday 11/14 there's still nothing up on the UVA football team website about the incident or even the deceased players.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:52 pm

does anyone else suspect c-ville's aid had something to do with this?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:01 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Didn’t know where to put this…

As of 12:30 PM on Monday 11/14 there's still nothing up on the UVA football team website about the incident or even the deceased players.

Mike Hollins identified as one of the two injured players. He was shot in the back and bullet lodged in his stomach. Currently, intubated but awake and expected to make a full recovery. The shooter was apparently also on the field trip and brought the gun with him. Waited until he was back on campus and then started shooting up the bus.

https://virginiasports.com/sports/footb ... e-hollins/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby miutbc on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:54 pm

Crazy. Any word on motive?
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:47 pm

miutbc {l Wrote}:Crazy. Any word on motive?

According to CNN the alleged shooter's Dad did an interview with a local television station:

Authorities do not fully understand Jones’ possible motive, (UVa President Jim) Ryan said.

His father, Chris Jones Sr., told CNN affiliate WTVR that his son was “real paranoid … about something. He wouldn’t tell me everything.”

Some people were picking on him and Jones Jr. said he didn’t know how to handle it, the father told WTKR of a conversation they had a month ago when his son visited. He said he advised his son to just go to class and ignore them.

The father apologized for his son’s alleged actions and said he couldn’t believe it was him when he was told the news by police.

That's the closest I've seen to this point. It shouldn't need to be said, but none of what the father described could be any possible justification for his son allegedly acting in any fashion like this.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:13 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ave-doeren
So… apparently, Doeren was on a hit list.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:37 pm

the finebaum caller who asked if it's cheaper than $85m to hire a hitman for jimbo might act on that idea, only up 13-3 on the donnie browns

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/sta ... 3328269313
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:23 pm

fear the fucking frog, bitches… only need to win by one for it to count. 11-0 and just Iowa state left
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:48 am

We are heading down to Tuscon about 9AM tomorrow morning. You guys might catch me in the stands if you are watching the game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:13 pm

The end of the UNC-RCC game was nuts.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:41 pm

With all due respect to Dick Tomey, there has never been a worse coach who is a great recruiter than Mack Brown.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:With all due respect to Dick Tomey, there has never been a worse coach who is a great recruiter than Mack Brown.

He should have gone for two at the end of regulation.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:48 pm

I hope all the premeds in Arizona have a good night after the win.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:With all due respect to Dick Tomey, there has never been a worse coach who is a great recruiter than Mack Brown.

He should have gone for two at the end of regulation.

Precisely. Or go for it on 4th and 2 in double OT. If you tie, you are back to winning on a single play (the 3+ OT rules). And, the kicker was so bad he could’ve played for our ST coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Roy Williams.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:45 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I hope all the premeds in Arizona have a good night after the win.

we were very happy driving back up the I-10 to Scottsdale after that one. what a barn-burner of a game!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium