2022 REAL season prediction thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

what will the team record be at the end of the regular season

0-12
No votes
1-11
No votes
2-10
No votes
3-9
7%
4-8
No votes
5-7
15%
6-6
4%
7-5
19%
8-4
19%
9-3
11%
10-2
11%
11-1
No votes
12-0
No votes
pearl neckless
No votes
scrush2
7%
shut up hansen
No votes
eepstein has a microdick
No votes
tedwardo is bored with all of this
No votes
nospace hates blowjobs... because it tastes terrible
4%
duchie bangs fat chicks
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: 2022 REAL season prediction thread

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:46 pm

I am so sorry that Flowers didn’t take the money offered in the Transfer Portal. I apologize to him that Jurk is a tight end with mental issues. I apologize that all of Hafley’s 5’7” diminutiveness couldn’t muster an OC or a single OL transfer. I hope he considers taking the rest of the season off and just start prepping for the NFL.

Look at it this way… there is no reason to be disappointed when the college football mergers leave our shitty program behind. We don’t care about sports and it shows in ever facet of the school.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:32 pm

McNulty was a horrible hire. PJ looks horrible in the shotgun. You guys all wanted a young, PC coach. I’ll take Don Brown and experience for BC thank you. At this point it’s hopeless anyway given Blake the Flake’s position that he is not going to solicit NLI money. Our best players will be cherry picked at the end of the season and we will be stuck with Hafley and 12 million left on his contract.

I use to get depressed over a loss like this, but at this point it’s just a waste of time to follow this program. At least hockey season starts in a month.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:56 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:McNulty was a horrible hire. PJ looks horrible in the shotgun. You guys all wanted a young, PC coach. I’ll take Don Brown and experience for BC thank you. At this point it’s hopeless anyway given Blake the Flake’s position that he is not going to solicit NLI money. Our best players will be cherry picked at the end of the season and we will be stuck with Hafley and 12 million left on his contract.

I use to get depressed over a loss like this, but at this point it’s just a waste of time to follow this program. At least hockey season starts in a month.

Go Eagles!

The hockey program pretty much blows these days.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:16 pm

Key to the hockey team is getting this year’s sophomores and juniors to return next season. If that happens, with the incoming freshman they will have a great shot at NC #6.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:52 pm

BC football is pretty much over and the fundamental reason is poor leadership. First and foremost is Leahy whose decision making over the last 15 years has been nothing short of astonishingly bad. It would almost be impossible to replicate it if you set out to deliberately destroy the men’s football and basketball programs—you might make a mistake and hire someone competent. Greasy Napoleon was allowed to run roughshod for too long, Butt Cut may be the single most incompetent human being to ever get a job with more responsibility than pushing a broom. The hires that those two tool bags inflicted on the program was a wonder to behold, but let’s face it, Scumbag Marty and Mac n Cheese made lackluster hires but escaped to greener pastures before their own lack of competence could be demonstrated. And then, because Leahy’s feelings were hurt because two guys who had options decided to abandon the sinking ship of BC Athletics, we went and hired a guy who basically the entire college football world understands is a staggering incompetent.

So now we have a football program that has been buried so deep, there is no hope that it will get better. Hafley’s lack of head coaching chops are abundantly obvious both in the continuing dumpster fire of an offensive staff and a complete failure to adapt to transfer portal landscape. BC declining to get into the NIL game is just the final nail in the coffin. And while basketball was marginally better last year—not a difficult task when one considers how absolutely lifeless everything about the program was after 13 years of Donahue and Christian—but does anyone think it will get any better than the basketball equivalent of a 6-6 football season? There is no realistic reason to think so. Between now and the end of the ACC TV contract is going to be horrific as anyone who can get out will get out and BC just keeps dragging on the bottom of a completely diminished rump conference. When the money dries up in 2036 or whenever it ends, BC will likely get left on the proverbial ice berg and we will find ourselves in the Patriot League with our eternal enemy, Holy Cross. But, because it’s BC and we can fuck up a two car funeral, we won’t manage to get to this eventuality until after most of the whalepants who might have found some solace in such an outcome will all be dead.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:57 am

I am usually the glass half full guy but yesterday was staggeringly bad.

I agree with Dick, BC football may never recover short of new leadership and bags of money. That was terrible football, from coaching to execution.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:00 pm

Was 10-2 season over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:10 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I see 4-8. We regressed last year. It wasn't just Jurk going down. Changes were made to offensive staff, but that takes time to pay off.

Defense could come along much faster than I expect, but I believe the Atlantic is much better than people on this board expect. We have 3 top 25 teams on our sched IMO, and 5 top 35 teams.

I still think Haf can be the guy. But 2022 is a growth year.

I may have been too optimistic lol. Maybe we can steal a game at Va Tech next week bc they think we're a joke? I still see 6-7 double digit losses though.

they have no offensive line and lots of empty spaces at other positions

I said 5-7. Might be 3-9

Fuck you and your negativity

fuck me? :shrug

well, negativity or not, whoever said 3-9 (the most pessimistic of us at EO) that person may very well turn out to be a genius.

We shall soon see.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:03 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I see 4-8. We regressed last year. It wasn't just Jurk going down. Changes were made to offensive staff, but that takes time to pay off.

Defense could come along much faster than I expect, but I believe the Atlantic is much better than people on this board expect. We have 3 top 25 teams on our sched IMO, and 5 top 35 teams.

I still think Haf can be the guy. But 2022 is a growth year.

I may have been too optimistic lol. Maybe we can steal a game at Va Tech next week bc they think we're a joke? I still see 6-7 double digit losses though.

You may be the only one not disappointed this season as you basically nailed the prediction.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium