Military Bowl

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Military Bowl

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:53 pm

December 27 vs East Carolina
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Military Bowl

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:December 27 vs East Carolina

Exactly what we deserve. Fortunately, I will be in Captiva that week and thus have an excuse--other than I don't hate myself nearly enough--to drive over to Annapolis to watch Hafley try to match Adazzio's best win total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Thank god I can not give a shit. San Diego would have been tough.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Fairly well known in insider circles that Hafley ducked the bowl last year out of fear of being exposed by another coach with multiple weeks' prep...

Let's see if he's up to the challenge.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Dec 11 interviews

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:30 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:47 am

seems like a good portion of OL might be out between opt out and injuries.

nice to see deberry might play
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:48 am

ECU 31 BC 23
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like a good portion of OL might be out between opt out and injuries.

in before funishment says his fresh and hilarious new shtick "hafley shuffle"

i'm hoping this dissuades him from posting it because my sides are still split and my knees are still sore from the reaction to the last time he posted it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like a good portion of OL might be out between opt out and injuries.

in before funishment says his fresh and hilarious new shtick "hafley shuffle"

i'm hoping this dissuades him from posting it because my sides are still split and my knees are still sore from the reaction to the last time he posted it

That song applies to the transfers. Try to keep up. I know we're all busy fighting the final stages of Satan's War on Christmas, so I'll let it go.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:28 pm

It's a legit Xmas miracle that you can continue to drive more nails into the cross you're dangling from. :81
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Heard three OLs and Sebastian are opting out.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 pm

This begs the question, would it be more dangerous for Phil to play behind no OL or the OL we have trotted out all year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:This begs the question, would it be more dangerous for Phil to play behind no OL or the OL we have trotted out all year.

I feel like the OL is not as bad as you all make it out to be compared to a typical college football OLine. Our DL was so bad it made every opposing OL look good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:48 pm

phil behind a second/third/eleventith line has all the ingredients needed to ensure we shatter some glass over the holidays
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:04 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ources-say
I've always hated Rick Catlett's exhibition.

EDIT: Rutgers has been offered TAMU's spot in the bowl given Jersey is currently ranked 5th in the Nation (in COVID cases).
EDIT: Rutgers AD declined the offer.
EDIT: Schiano overruled him and they will now agree to drive the Candy Van down 95.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32924077/texas-aggies-pull-gator-bowl-college-football-game-due-covid-19-issues-program-sources-say
I've always hated Rick Catlett's exhibition.

EDIT: Rutgers has been offered TAMU's spot in the bowl given Jersey is currently ranked 5th in the Nation (in COVID cases).
EDIT: Rutgers AD declined the offer.
EDIT: Schiano overruled him and they will now agree to drive the Candy Van down 95.

May not be quite done yet; Jags owner Shad Khan is an alum of Illinois, and he's pushing hard for them to be the opponent.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:12 am

Reports that the game has been canceled due to 30+ Covid cases for BC.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby durkcal on Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:53 am

BC gets to avoid the L. The Haf hype train can keep rolling. Maybe if we're lucky there is some DE whose best moments came against Temple that can post that they're coming back in 2022! :cheer :elephant :pepper2 :banana :koolaid
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:29 pm

I think this worked out in the end. BC didn't deserve to be in a bowl game anyway.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:33 pm

So are fully vaccinated football team is riddled with Covid? Hmm, its almost as if the current vaccines are almost entirely worthless and this whole past year has been nothing but a complete waste of time and an exercise in government pumping trillions of dollars into the coffers of certain chosen political donors while needlessly making life miserable for the normals and especially miserable for normals who weren't buying Donny and Joe's Miracle Cure and Snake Oil. It's almost as if we fucked up immensely and should have followed the science-backed approach undertaken by the Swedes and Danes of isolating the vulnerable and letting the virus run its course with the healthy population that shrugged it off like a mild flu.

Anyway, I am glad the bowl is cancelled. We have a shitty team and it's a shitty bowl and East Carolina is a shitty and uninteresting opponent. Also, Annapolis is highly overrated and the whole "Drinking Town with a Boating Problem" is insufferably gay. Also, West Point >>>>>>> Naval Academy.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:50 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Reports that the game has been canceled due to 30+ Covid cases for BC.

Combination of COVID, player opt-outs, transfers, and injuries led to BC being down over 40 players including one entire position group per Jason Baum.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Reports that the game has been canceled due to 30+ Covid cases for BC.

Combination of COVID, player opt-outs, transfers, and injuries led to BC being down over 40 players including one entire position group per Jason Baum.

They could have played 7-on-7 flag football against ECU, one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand style? What difference would it have made? No one was watching the game anyway.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So are fully vaccinated football team is riddled with Covid? Hmm, its almost as if the current vaccines are almost entirely worthless and this whole past year has been nothing but a complete waste of time and an exercise in government pumping trillions of dollars into the coffers of certain chosen political donors while needlessly making life miserable for the normals and especially miserable for normals who weren't buying Donny and Joe's Miracle Cure and Snake Oil. It's almost as if we fucked up immensely and should have followed the science-backed approach undertaken by the Swedes and Danes of isolating the vulnerable and letting the virus run its course with the healthy population that shrugged it off like a mild flu.

Anyway, I am glad the bowl is cancelled. We have a shitty team and it's a shitty bowl and East Carolina is a shitty and uninteresting opponent. Also, Annapolis is highly overrated and the whole "Drinking Town with a Boating Problem" is insufferably gay. Also, West Point >>>>>>> Naval Academy.

Jesus, Dick, when did you go from interesting to being such a troll?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:27 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So are fully vaccinated football team is riddled with Covid? Hmm, its almost as if the current vaccines are almost entirely worthless and this whole past year has been nothing but a complete waste of time and an exercise in government pumping trillions of dollars into the coffers of certain chosen political donors while needlessly making life miserable for the normals and especially miserable for normals who weren't buying Donny and Joe's Miracle Cure and Snake Oil. It's almost as if we fucked up immensely and should have followed the science-backed approach undertaken by the Swedes and Danes of isolating the vulnerable and letting the virus run its course with the healthy population that shrugged it off like a mild flu.

I don't know. Guess it's a matter of perspective.

With that said, the vaccines seem pretty worthless at this point unless you subscribe to the notion that they somehow lessen the severity of covid, which is really hard to demonstrate, and, when you actually look at the data, there isn't a lot to support that notion as oldsters and the co-morbidity crew continue to die in big numbers whether they are vaccinated or not, which is why we are up to 800K+ deaths with a Y/Y number that is, remarkably, higher than 2020. In the meantime, rather than a pandemic of the unvaccinated, the primary victims of covid (70% of all deaths) are people older than 75 years old with more than half of that number being in the 85+ years of age group. Over two years, the total number of Americans younger than 50 who have died of covid around 50K with more than 65% of that number being in the 40-49 range. The number of people in that group with known co-morbidities is over 90% with 100% of the 655 children younger than 17 having known, severe co-morbidities.

Also, all of the above data is pulled from CDC and the likely more accurate JHU tracker, so not what you would call a right wing fever swamp. I'd also note, that as the Biden Administration's attacks on the unvaccinated become more extreme and unsettling "winter of death", etc., there is no reliable data to support the notion that the unvaccinated are dying in higher numbers than the vaccinated. In fact, in Israel, 5 out of 6 covid deaths that have occurred since May of 2021 have been vaccinated patients. The numbers are pretty much the same as those reported by the NHS in the UK. Meanwhile, the Swedes have averaged less than one covid death per day in 2021 (.6) after isolating the elderly and infirm in 2020 and letting covid run through its general population. Make what you will of the data, but it isn't trolling to point it out.

Of course, if you are talking about my harsh statements about our football team, our would-be opponent, the quality of the Military Bowl, my feelings about Annapolis or the relative merits of the USMA--which produced Grant, Sherman, Patton, Eisenhower, etc--vs. the USNA--which produced Jimmy Carter and Chester Nimitz (who was rejected by West Point)--welp, I can't help you there as facts are facts.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:53 pm

The USNA also produced Thomas O’Brien.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:

I don't know. Guess it's a matter of perspective.

With that said, the vaccines seem pretty worthless at this point unless you subscribe to the notion that they somehow lessen the severity of covid, which is really hard to demonstrate, and, when you actually look at the data, there isn't a lot to support that notion as oldsters and the co-morbidity crew continue to die in big numbers whether they are vaccinated or not, which is why we are up to 800K+ deaths with a Y/Y number that is, remarkably, higher than 2020. In the meantime, rather than a pandemic of the unvaccinated, the primary victims of covid (70% of all deaths) are people older than 75 years old with more than half of that number being in the 85+ years of age group. Over two years, the total number of Americans younger than 50 who have died of covid around 50K with more than 65% of that number being in the 40-49 range. The number of people in that group with known co-morbidities is over 90% with 100% of the 655 children younger than 17 having known, severe co-morbidities.

Also, all of the above data is pulled from CDC and the likely more accurate JHU tracker, so not what you would call a right wing fever swamp. I'd also note, that as the Biden Administration's attacks on the unvaccinated become more extreme and unsettling "winter of death", etc., there is no reliable data to support the notion that the unvaccinated are dying in higher numbers than the vaccinated. In fact, in Israel, 5 out of 6 covid deaths that have occurred since May of 2021 have been vaccinated patients. The numbers are pretty much the same as those reported by the NHS in the UK. Meanwhile, the Swedes have averaged less than one covid death per day in 2021 (.6) after isolating the elderly and infirm in 2020 and letting covid run through its general population. Make what you will of the data, but it isn't trolling to point it out.

Of course, if you are talking about my harsh statements about our football team, our would-be opponent, the quality of the Military Bowl, my feelings about Annapolis or the relative merits of the USMA--which produced Grant, Sherman, Patton, Eisenhower, etc--vs. the USNA--which produced Jimmy Carter and Chester Nimitz (who was rejected by West Point)--welp, I can't help you there as facts are facts.

A friend of mine is a producer on a daily tv show (he is tested each day) and he has now tested positive for a second time (asymptomatic), he was vaxxed and boosted as well. What the hell are we fighting against at this point? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:45 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:The USNA also produced Thomas O’Brien.

And Ross Perot
And Roger Staubach
And David Robinson
And Alan Sheppard
And Charlie Wilson (who won the Cold War while drinking whisky in his congressional office)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:57 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:The USNA also produced Thomas O’Brien.

And Ross Perot
And Roger Staubach
And David Robinson
And Alan Sheppard
And Charlie Wilson (who won the Cold War while drinking whisky in his congressional office)

But not innocent bystander
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:41 pm

Military bowl we hardly knew ye
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium