2022 Boston College Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2022 Boston College Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Clive Wilson, Jameer Jones, Reynolds, Witter, Mahogany are out with injuries.

What about Nigel tate and cj clinkscales? I didn’t see them On the field and someone said they were not dressed for the game?

These are just the guys that I saw for sure were out, I am sure there were others. I did see a DL out that was either 98 or 99.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:50 pm

The d-line looked gassed in the first half, players with their hands on their hips. Hafley is players coach type. His teams don’t seem to be in good condition and they get a shitload of injuries.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:52 pm

Prior to the coaching changes, a source within Yawkey told me that the OL would be: Trapilo-Dirstine-Kendall-Mahogany-Cline/Conley. But every photo, video, report from spring, Spring game and August camp had Conley as the LT and Trapilo as the RT. I am not questioning that Trapilo-Dirstine-Kendall_Conley-Cline wasn't our best OL combination but why were they not practicing since the spring?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:10 am

BC was better when we just had a dominant offensive line, solid qb and decent RB.
Same on D, good D-Line, a great LB and a crappy secondary.

The complaint was always that we couldnt recruit the skill positions, but that formula worked. Give me 5 6'5 310lb offensive lineman and they will move mountains. It might not be exciting but at this point I dont care. I want to win.

Full disclosure: I wanted to bring the Air Raid to BC because I thought it would put fannies in the seats.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:46 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The complaint was always that we couldnt recruit the skill positions, but that formula worked.

Did it though? 8-4 over 6-6 = "worked" now?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The complaint was always that we couldnt recruit the skill positions, but that formula worked.

They went 9-3 in 2004, 2005 and 2006. I guess we can attribute that to Matt Ryan.
9-4 in 2002.

I thought we had a higher ceiling some years, but I would sign up for 3 years of 9-3 right now.

Lots of those 8 win years had horrible WTF losses, but rarely a big win. Get rid of that loss and you are in the hunt every year.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:34 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They went 9-3 in 2004, 2005 and 2006. I guess we can attribute that to Matt Ryan.
9-4 in 2002.

I thought we had a higher ceiling some years, but I would sign up for 3 years of 9-3 right now.

Lots of those 8 win years had horrible WTF losses, but rarely a big win. Get rid of that loss and you are in the hunt every year.

It's not much better today but those schedules were dogshit. Just a shitty shell of the Big East.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

9-4 in 2002.

It's not much better today but those schedules were dogshit. Just a shitty shell of the Big East.

2005 and 2006 were our first 2 years in the ACC. Showed what a good OC means to a team.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:40 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:It seems the Mahoganyless offensive line, namely its impact on Jurkovec's presence/play, will determine how the season goes. It seemed to me like the line underachieved these past two years, but evidently the NFL disagrees if Applebaum was hired to coach Miami's unit. DuGuglielmo's career path seems like it's been declining since the Patriots fired him. Same goes for McNulty for that matter.

Hafley was obviously very disappointed Cignetti's offense couldn't withstand Jurkovec's injury more effectively, and going forward it seems he really wanted NFL experience leading the offense/QB and the line. I wish I knew and understood more about the dynamics with the line. I feel like Lindstrom in particular was overrated. On the other hand I thought Mahogany was their second-best offensive lineman (given Vrabel's injuries). I'd hate to rely upon Conley as the LT unless he's increased his quickness substantially without losing strength. In the end I hope there's a ton of quiet work going on now, both in conditioning and in understanding the schemes and calls.

Cline is the 5th starter, not sure if OT or OG and not sure if the staff knows yet either.
One of the staff's biggest concerns going into the 2022 season was the depth of the interior OL. They offered two mid-majors (Charlotte U and the other from the midwest) from The Portal to provide depth. And then Mahogany got hurt. Funny that we haven't brought in a transfer as it is much more appealing now that we are down a starter.

one of the guys we offered went to FSU
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:16 pm

2 games in, one turnover
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:It seems the Mahoganyless offensive line, namely its impact on Jurkovec's presence/play, will determine how the season goes. It seemed to me like the line underachieved these past two years, but evidently the NFL disagrees if Applebaum was hired to coach Miami's unit. DuGuglielmo's career path seems like it's been declining since the Patriots fired him. Same goes for McNulty for that matter.

Hafley was obviously very disappointed Cignetti's offense couldn't withstand Jurkovec's injury more effectively, and going forward it seems he really wanted NFL experience leading the offense/QB and the line. I wish I knew and understood more about the dynamics with the line. I feel like Lindstrom in particular was overrated. On the other hand I thought Mahogany was their second-best offensive lineman (given Vrabel's injuries). I'd hate to rely upon Conley as the LT unless he's increased his quickness substantially without losing strength. In the end I hope there's a ton of quiet work going on now, both in conditioning and in understanding the schemes and calls.

Cline is the 5th starter, not sure if OT or OG and not sure if the staff knows yet either.
One of the staff's biggest concerns going into the 2022 season was the depth of the interior OL. They offered two mid-majors (Charlotte U and the other from the midwest) from The Portal to provide depth. And then Mahogany got hurt. Funny that we haven't brought in a transfer as it is much more appealing now that we are down a starter.

one of the guys we offered went to FSU

Too bad Cline didn't go to FSU
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 am

cline tore his acl per thamel
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm

another cryptic post from Mahogany on the twitter machine.
Also, Trapilo practiced today but was limited.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:46 am

Alex Lindstrom, Ben Petrula and Tyler Vrabel…

Does anyone have insight into why they passed on coming back for another year? None were drafted. Lindstrom is on Dallas’ practice squad, but the other two are essentially out of football. There are teams like Wake full of 6th year players. Yet, these guys basically decided to quit football instead of running back. At the time, they knew Mahogany, Zay and Garwo were returning (as was much of the D). In retrospect, I wonder if this is was an indictment on Hafley, Shinkovec, OC or OL coach?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:10 am

I think they were fully subscribed to the overdone hype around half decent players in the program. How often have we heard TV announcers doing the BC games regurgitate how good Alec Lindstrom was? All ACC team voting is basically a referendum on how hard your coaches push for you to get honors. And freaking Ben Petrula got like 2nd team All ACC for 2021! If something doesn't reveal how much smoke is being blown up the asses of these guys, then nothing else does. By the way, have you seen how much Christian Mahogany loves himself (social media, declaring himself "coming back")? This is the problem with TOO MUCH positivity. Guys that haven't even done all that much can barely fit their heads through the door.

My take was that :

Lindstrom - was never as good as people said because he can't run block. Probably some of that is due to our lackluster weight room program. It still would have been nice to have him back.
Petrula - always sucked, and it was good to see him go, should have happened sooner
Vrabel - is the guy i was surprised to see go. He was a decent Tackle in 2020. 2021 was blown up by the injury in the Clemson game. He came back a few games later, but was never right. He should have come back.

We've become a soft program. Mentally and physically. We're more soft than we were in the worst days of Daz and Spaz. It got like this under Henning.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:29 pm

1. Vrabel is on the Falcons PS IR;
B. Petrula was out of eligibility;
III. Pretty sure Vrabel and Lindstrom declared before the OC and OL hires.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:42 pm

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:59 pm

dominoj?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:01 am

@ADavidHaleJoint
Phil Jurkovec has been pressured on 44.7% of his dropbacks this season.

Next closest in the ACC is Kedon Slovis... at 32.2%.

Jurkovec has seen pressure more than any other QB in FBS by 3.4 percentage points.

:elephant
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:15 am

rumor that kendall is out for a while

:81
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:09 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:rumor that kendall is out for a while

Does this have legs?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:11 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thamel tweeting Dolphins are going to hire Applebaum.

and now Dailey to the Panthers.

had an interesting sunday :shock:

robbie anderson has always been a headcase
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:12 am

Serious question, at what point are the absurd amount of injuries (and not just this season) on Hafley?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Serious question, at what point are the absurd amount of injuries (and not just this season) on Hafley?

I can’t go this far. It’s not like they’re all hamstring injuries.

It’s been a huge factor in this season being a disaster. Nearly impossible to win games with this OL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:11 pm

A few general thoughts:

1. The lack of an OL has completely nuked this season. Until it’s fixed it’s impossible to win games.
2. Jurk and Garwo have become completely ineffective with said OL. They’d be better off with Morehead and the RB from Vegas.
3. They’d be better off running the offense they let Morehead run, but Jurk isn’t accurate nor has a big enough arm to do it.
4. The D actually usually plays fine, but eventually get gassed with the offense being useless.
5. Whoever coaches special teams should be fired. The fake punt was admittedly creative.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:A few general thoughts:

1. The lack of an OL has completely nuked this season. Until it’s fixed it’s impossible to win games.
2. Jurk and Garwo have become completely ineffective with said OL. They’d be better off with Morehead and the RB from Vegas.
3. They’d be better off running the offense they let Morehead run, but Jurk isn’t accurate nor has a big enough arm to do it.
4. The D actually usually plays fine, but eventually get gassed with the offense being useless.
5. Whoever coaches special teams should be fired. The fake punt was admittedly creative.

Jurkovec hasn’t been great out there this year but I think ARM STRENGTH has been the least of his problems.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Serious question, at what point are the absurd amount of injuries (and not just this season) on Hafley?

Mahogany ruined his 1st Round selection shooting hoops at home in NJ while on break. Not sure how that’s on the staff. Broken bones during a game isn’t coachable either. When shit goes bad, you want to blame everything on the coach. But, there is no need to make shit up when you have the McNulty hire, lack of OL transfers into the program and Shinkovec’s continued playing time… all just sitting there as obvious areas of critique.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Serious question, at what point are the absurd amount of injuries (and not just this season) on Hafley?

Mahogany ruined his 1st Round selection shooting hoops at home in NJ while on break. Not sure how that’s on the staff. Broken bones during a game isn’t coachable either. When shit goes bad, you want to blame everything on the coach. But, there is no need to make shit up when you have the McNulty hire, lack of OL transfers into the program and Shinkovec’s continued playing time… all just sitting there as obvious areas of critique.

1. Mahogany can come back next year and regain his draft status.
2. I’d like to see what McNulty could do with an actual OL before writing him off.
3. Looking forward to hearing what a Jurkovec scores on the wonderlic. Best wishes to him after BC.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The coaching has been poor to mediocre, but it hasn't been a 2-10 coaching job. I think it's really hard to evaluate McNulty with this OL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium