Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hafley

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 pm

Hafley is learning how to be a head coach. Addazio sucked because he had been a head coach so should have known better but was too damn stubborn to make any sort of change.

Hafley is smarter than Addazio and so I have faith he will learn from the mistakes this year and improve next year.

None of this matters of course if we can't attract talent through the portal with NIL.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:21 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Hafley is learning how to be a head coach. Addazio sucked because he had been a head coach so should have known better but was too damn stubborn to make any sort of change.

Hafley is smarter than Addazio and so I have faith he will learn from the mistakes this year and improve next year.

None of this matters of course if we can't attract talent through the portal with NIL.

are you brad bates supporting beakers’s tenure? “Let’s give him 5 years before we judge him… he’s new”

fuck that - he’s taking millions of dollars a year to suck ass. I don’t care what your hc experience is, thinking this oil was ready for power 5 football should be a death sentence. stop with the media byte platitudes and get better or #getout

p&s I respeck your opinion and ask the you please don’t murter me
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:fuck that - he’s taking millions of dollars a year to suck ass. I don’t care what your hc experience is, thinking this oil was ready for power 5 football should be a death sentence. stop with the media byte platitudes and get better or #getout

yes
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:23 pm

Modern Marty swallowed pajama boy Haffley’s load and 3 years later we have a team with no discipline, no heart, getting embarrassed every week. Bring back old school Tom Coughlin
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:33 pm

Tom Coughlin is the best salesman in football history. BC, the Jacksonville Jaguars of college football.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tom Coughlin is the best salesman in football history. BC, the Jacksonville Jaguars of college football.

Preserved
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:35 pm

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:Modern Marty swallowed pajama boy Haffley’s load and 3 years later we have a team with no discipline, no heart, getting embarrassed every week. Bring back old school Tom Coughlin

TC is more old at this point than old school. That would have the feel of Stanford when they brought back bill walsh at the end. Not a long term solution. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:26 pm

I think that Jeff Hafley is doing ok.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby xu9697 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:09 am

2022- have to beat UConn, at least win 1 of Duke/Syracuse and perform admirably against the rest- NC State, ND and Wake.
2023- schedule is RIDICULOUSLY set up for no excuses to be LESS than 8-4- no Clemson, no tough non-con, road games are about as easy as possible.

Matt Rhule is not walking through that door! Hoping Hafley can realize his mistakes this year in not picking up a couple more transfers, especially on the OL. He's going to have to replace a couple of offensive coaches. Hit UM, PSU, OSU and ND hard for those transfer candidates from the NE that might have 1-2 years left of quality contribution. Unproven QBs- don't be afraid to go get one, even if at best it is a medium-high level MAC QB (Collin Schlee- Kent State comes to mind from Maryland area) that can be a back-up/veteran presence and at least compete with our recruited QBs.

As others said- he is learning to be a head coach. His success will be tied to learning from his mistakes and being bold enough (and allowed by admin) to make the necessary changes.

2023 is no doubt his "prove it" year.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:52 pm

xu9697 {l Wrote}:2022- have to beat UConn, at least win 1 of Duke/Syracuse and perform admirably against the rest- NC State, ND and Wake.
2023- schedule is RIDICULOUSLY set up for no excuses to be LESS than 8-4- no Clemson, no tough non-con, road games are about as easy as possible.

Matt Rhule is not walking through that door! Hoping Hafley can realize his mistakes this year in not picking up a couple more transfers, especially on the OL. He's going to have to replace a couple of offensive coaches. Hit UM, PSU, OSU and ND hard for those transfer candidates from the NE that might have 1-2 years left of quality contribution. Unproven QBs- don't be afraid to go get one, even if at best it is a medium-high level MAC QB (Collin Schlee- Kent State comes to mind from Maryland area) that can be a back-up/veteran presence and at least compete with our recruited QBs.

As others said- he is learning to be a head coach. His success will be tied to learning from his mistakes and being bold enough (and allowed by admin) to make the necessary changes.

2023 is no doubt his "prove it" year.

I agree, but his insistence on taking full HS classes and limited transfers hurt this year. He has to change his philosophy. This year, BC is using 84-85 scholarships, and most of the 5th year guys needed to be here.

We might be in a similar situation next year - I assume Zay is NFL-bound, but DeBerry, Sillah, Maitre, Woodbey, Dirstine, Gill, Banks, DePalma, Elijah Jones and Takacs can all come back.

In the next class, I assume Mahogany, Garwo, and Tomlin return; Witter, Lubischer, Henderson, Rustemi, and Menard aren't given an extra year; and he has to keep Conley and Ness for depth.

For the Juniors/RS Sophs., Horsley, Arnold, Taji Johnson, Allick, Cline, Pyne, Trapillo, Gordinier and Lillis should all return, but Scott, Terry, Marinaro, Rueve, and Hines should look for other opportunities.

By my count, there are maybe 18 out, with 18 recruits coming in. There will be surprise transfers, but he may need to cut someone on the 2-deep. I'm thinking Banks, E. Jones, and maybe Garwo. I think he loves DePalma and he just brought in Tomlin.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Jones is by far their best corner . Jesus fucking Christ.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:34 pm

I have heard more than once from a source over the last 2 years that Hafley's program is completely undisciplined. This source would know but he/she is also very much a :oldman

Anyway, rumor floating around that one of the guys that didn't play last week was actually suspended. Would be the second suspension of Hafley's tenure, that I know of.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I have heard more than once from a source over the last 2 years that Hafley's program is completely undisciplined. This source would know but he/she is also very much a :oldman

Anyway, rumor floating around that one of the guys that didn't play last week was actually suspended. Would be the second suspension of Hafley's tenure, that I know of.

Who was the first?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:49 pm

'HAFLEY HAS TO GO , THIS IS A DUMPSTER FIRE , HIS PRACTICES ARE SOFT AND THEY HAVE BEEN SOFT ALL SEASON, HIS BEST PLAYERS SMOKE A LOT OF POT AND HE KNOWS IT , HE HAS 3 PLAYERS SUSPENDED RIGHT NOW FOR BEATING UP A BC STUDENT , HE IS WAITING FOR THE SCHOOL TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH THEM ( HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ) , CERTAIN PLAYERS DONT GO TO CLASS , HAS HIRED BAD ASSISTANT COACHES WHO ARE LAZY , AND NO ONE ON THE STAFF CAN FIX THIS MESS . HIS STRENGTH PROGRAM IS A JOKE. BOSTON COLLEGE HAS TO COMPETE WITH THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE ACC AND SPEND THE MONEY . HE HIRED AN OLINE COACH WHO HAS BEEN FIRED EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS IN A ROW , ARE YOU KIDDING ME , ( WHAT DID HE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH BIG BALLS GUGE ) PAINFUL TO WATCH ALL THIS. IN PREGAME HAFLEY THROWS THE BALLS TO THE D BACKS , DO YOU THINK NICK SABAN DOES THAT IN WARM UPS.'

I heard last week that Williams is suspended. Have also heard that there is no discipline and Jurk is a moron. Anyone that watches this team can see that they are soft.
Football players not going to class is not unique to Hafley.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:57 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
'HAFLEY HAS TO GO , THIS IS A DUMPSTER FIRE , HIS PRACTICES ARE SOFT AND THEY HAVE BEEN SOFT ALL SEASON, HIS BEST PLAYERS SMOKE A LOT OF POT AND HE KNOWS IT , HE HAS 3 PLAYERS SUSPENDED RIGHT NOW FOR BEATING UP A BC STUDENT , HE IS WAITING FOR THE SCHOOL TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH THEM ( HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ) , CERTAIN PLAYERS DONT GO TO CLASS , HAS HIRED BAD ASSISTANT COACHES WHO ARE LAZY , AND NO ONE ON THE STAFF CAN FIX THIS MESS . HIS STRENGTH PROGRAM IS A JOKE. BOSTON COLLEGE HAS TO COMPETE WITH THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE ACC AND SPEND THE MONEY . HE HIRED AN OLINE COACH WHO HAS BEEN FIRED EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS IN A ROW , ARE YOU KIDDING ME , ( WHAT DID HE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH BIG BALLS GUGE ) PAINFUL TO WATCH ALL THIS. IN PREGAME HAFLEY THROWS THE BALLS TO THE D BACKS , DO YOU THINK NICK SABAN DOES THAT IN WARM UPS.'

I heard last week that Williams is suspended. Have also heard that there is no discipline and Jurk is a moron. Anyone that watches this team can see that they are soft.
Football players not going to class is not unique to Hafley.

Yea, rumor is Jaden Williams decked a BC student and 2 other football players jumped in.

Jurk being a moron should not be a surprise… just watch his press conferences and it’s clear he’s borderline fucktarded.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Did Hafley fire anyone today? If not, year 4 is not starting off very well.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Call me crazy, but after the performance of the past season, I think that somebody on the coaching staff should have been fired by now.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:31 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Call me crazy, but after the performance of the past season, I think that somebody on the coaching staff should have been fired by now.

Would he bring the OC and OL coach on an in-home visit to our OL commits and then fire them after the kids sign?
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Call me crazy, but after the performance of the past season, I think that somebody on the coaching staff should have been fired by now.

Would he bring the OC and OL coach on an in-home visit to our OL commits and the fire them after the kids sign?

if they suck he should. (psst - just a little secret, based on the team's performance i'd say that they suck)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Would he bring the OC and OL coach on an in-home visit to our OL commits and the fire them after the kids sign?

if they suck he should. (psst - just a little secret, based on the team's performance i'd say that they suck)

Agree but it would be pretty f-ed up to:

JH: Hey OL recruit we can't wait for you to sign with us. Your coordinator and position coach came down to see you as they can wait to coach you for the next 4-5 years.

two weeks later

JH to OL commits: Yeah I fired those bums.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

JH: Hey OL recruit we can't wait for you to sign with us. Your coordinator and position coach came down to see you as they can wait to coach you for the next 4-5 years.

two weeks later

I am under the impression that happens in college all the time and that mcnulty and the ol coach will not be at BC next year. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

two weeks later

I am under the impression that happens in college all the time and that mcnulty and the ol coach will not be at BC next year. :ace

Well… if Hafley ever wanted to correct his mistake… his first choice for OC (when he was hired and before settling for Cignetti) is available.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/354 ... ott-turner
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:54 am

Hafley out there now just talking about "this guy is tall" "we want to get taller". :81

Losing season confirmed
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:27 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:Hafley out there now just talking about "this guy is tall" "we want to get taller". :81

It is entirely understandable for someone who is 5'3" to "want to get taller".
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:Hafley out there now just talking about "this guy is tall" "we want to get taller". :81

It is entirely understandable for someone who is 5'3" to "want to get taller".

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 am

Any word on a new OC?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:10 am

10 Google AdSense dollars says that Savon Huggins will be the new OC.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

two weeks later

Well… if Hafley ever wanted to correct his mistake… his first choice for OC (when he was hired and before settling for Cignetti) is available.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/354 ... ott-turner

Scott Turner joining McDaniel’s staff in Vegas. Coincidence that Hafley let on that he’d have a new OC today and Turner makes his decision to go to the Raiders on that same day?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:20 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

two weeks later

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:24 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

two weeks later

DeGu just posted a gracious farewell on the twitter machine fwiw. I guess there is a dynamic that I do not understand but it just seems strange to me to send a coach out recruiting knowing you are going to fire him next week.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium