Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson -10.2.21

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson -10.2.21

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Last night still hurts.

yeah still incredibly frustrating

Yup. I thought I'd wake up this morning and feel better. I do not.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Matt Rueve had offers from half of the MAC. Most backup QBs currently on a MAC roster win that game.

Here’s the thing. Grosel is a HS baseball player who walked onto the BC FB team. It’s not his fault Sam Johnson, Matt Valecce and Matt MacDonald were awful. He’s far exceeded his abilities. However, as a 6th year player, if he can’t manage a game and hit open players, there really isn’t a reason to continue developing him. He isn’t owed anything. Cut your losses and move the fuck on.

With only 1 loss so far and still a good shot at the Atlantic title (beat nc state at home, beat wake at home, hope for a Clemson loss which is probably because they suck), I think it’s too early to pull the plug on him especially when you know Phil is the guy next year when healthy. ACC is so wide open this year. Coaching staff needs to find plays that he can execute and call them. He clearly can’t throw a deep ball accurately but he made some good throws last night at times. Just needs to cut down on the miscues and he would be serviceable. With the talent around him, that’s all he needs to do.

Last night was extremely painful but there’s still a lot to play for despite the extreme overreaction in this thread.

He literally took his eye off the ball at the most crucial point in the game which resulted in his 3rd turnover. All of the games we have left are winnable. His ability (or lack thereof) makes them all lose-able.

he made a split-second mistake; these things happen. the more aggregious part in my mind was not jumping on the football and instead trying to make a play. that was the unforgivable part. it's like football 101. had he done that, we still have another crack at winning the game.

that said, Not sure throwing a true freshman QB out there for our 2nd biggest game of the year (and now an absolute must win) is a winning strategy.

How the fuck did IB beat him?

You should cry some more about it.

And you should try not to be a fucking retard.

It must suck having such a small dick and acting as board tough guy to overcompensate.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:41 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Matt Rueve had offers from half of the MAC. Most backup QBs currently on a MAC roster win that game.

Here’s the thing. Grosel is a HS baseball player who walked onto the BC FB team. It’s not his fault Sam Johnson, Matt Valecce and Matt MacDonald were awful. He’s far exceeded his abilities. However, as a 6th year player, if he can’t manage a game and hit open players, there really isn’t a reason to continue developing him. He isn’t owed anything. Cut your losses and move the fuck on.

With only 1 loss so far and still a good shot at the Atlantic title (beat nc state at home, beat wake at home, hope for a Clemson loss which is probably because they suck), I think it’s too early to pull the plug on him especially when you know Phil is the guy next year when healthy. ACC is so wide open this year. Coaching staff needs to find plays that he can execute and call them. He clearly can’t throw a deep ball accurately but he made some good throws last night at times. Just needs to cut down on the miscues and he would be serviceable. With the talent around him, that’s all he needs to do.

Last night was extremely painful but there’s still a lot to play for despite the extreme overreaction in this thread.

For everyone paying attention at home, Hansen is the asshole who also thinks Biden is doing a good job.

Never said this, straw man.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

It is too early NOT to pull the plug. It's because they still have a chance to beat Wake and NCSU that they can't afford to throw that chance away by playing without a QB.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

It is too early NOT to pull the plug. It's because they still have a chance to beat Wake and NCSU that they can't afford to throw that chance away by playing without a QB.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:46 pm

I can’t believe this game has the potential to incidentally pop into my head at any given time for the rest of my life
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:49 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I can’t believe this game has the potential to incidentally pop into my head at any given time for the rest of my life

It'll join the Maryland game of 2007, David Green fumble, and the Ed Reed INT for TD as "Shitty BC football moments"
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:00 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I can’t believe this game has the potential to incidentally pop into my head at any given time for the rest of my life

It'll join the Maryland game of 2007, David Green fumble, and the Ed Reed INT for TD as "Shitty BC football moments"

All 3 of the losses in 2007 were dumb, and ones I still remember. 2006 NC State. 2004 Syracuse. Anything from 2011-2019 is just a big homogenous blur of a bad game
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He literally took his eye off the ball at the most crucial point in the game which resulted in his 3rd turnover. All of the games we have left are winnable. His ability (or lack thereof) makes them all lose-able.

he made a split-second mistake; these things happen. the more aggregious part in my mind was not jumping on the football and instead trying to make a play. that was the unforgivable part. it's like football 101. had he done that, we still have another crack at winning the game.

that said, Not sure throwing a true freshman QB out there for our 2nd biggest game of the year (and now an absolute must win) is a winning strategy.

How the fuck did IB beat him?

You should cry some more about it.

And you should try not to be a fucking retard.

It must suck having such a small dick and acting as board tough guy to overcompensate.

First of all, stop fantasizing about my dick. Second of all, telling you to stop being a fucking retard is not being a tough guy, it is an attempt to help you self correct. Now ideally, this would involve gettting you a the proper support—a special ed aid, a neuropsyche, and a nurse to assist you with your posting, but obviously the logistics involved are too much. So, I am telling you what my grandfather would have said to me if I was as invincibly stupid as you.

So seriously, stop being a fucking retard.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:42 pm

That is the way it will be for all of us.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:"not offsides"

Completely incomprehensible how that wasnt called. Was very clear live. He was... running up the line of scrimmage next to the OL.

HAs Hafley been asked about this non call?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:LOL Dabo is the best, thinks the refs screwed him and there were 14 plays after that that shouldn't have happened because of it, not realizing his D didn't stop anyone for 14 plays. Just awesome.

Dabo is the Coach K of college football.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:No Kobay tonight,jake byzcko DE first game this year, Clinton burton now wearing number 0.

Is he not posting the inactive list this season? I didn't notice Deon Jones in the game at all last night.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Q: "Jeff, For the QB position, is Dennis the guy moving forward or is there still competition for that QB1 position?"
A: "Dennis is the guy"

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

We can talk about it. Hafley can't. He would get into a lot of trouble talking about the non-offsides call that resulted in a sack. He's correct to shut his mouth about it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Q: "Jeff, For the QB position, is Dennis the guy moving forward or is there still competition for that QB1 position?"

Yeah I don't think he has any real options here. Grosel is all that he has. But he knows that Grosel isn't any good. He brought in a good QB through transfer and that guy appears to have a glass jaw, injured two seasons in a row now. So Hafley is screwed.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:No Kobay tonight,jake byzcko DE first game this year, Clinton burton now wearing number 0.

Is he not posting the inactive list this season? I didn't notice Deon Jones in the game at all last night.

He did not play. Here's last night participation report:

1-Gill, Jaelen, 3-Maitre, Jason, 3-Barry, Trae, 4-Okpala, Neto, 4-Flowers, Zay, 6-Grosel, Dennis, 6-Ezeiruaku, Donovan, 7-White, Kobay, 8-Muse, Jahmin, 9-
Woodbey, Jaiden, 10-Sebastian, Brandon, 11-Sillah, Shitta, 11-Lewis, CJ, 13-Galloway, Jehlani, 13-Banks, Khris, 16-Luchetti, Joey, 18-Palmer, Mike, 19-
Graham-Mobley, Isaiah, 20-Jones, Elijah, 21-DeBerry, Josh, 23-Levy, Travis, 24-Garwo, Patrick, 26-Sinkfield, Alec, 27-Arnold, Kam, 42-DePalma, Vinny, 44-
Barlow, Brandon, 46-Livingston, Aidan, 67-Conley, Jack, 69-Daniel, Gunner, 72-Lindstrom, Alec, 73-Mahogany, Christian, 78-Vrabel, Tyler, 80-Williams, Jaden,
90-Lytton, Connor, 95-Carlson, Grant, 96-Horsley, Cam, 97-Valdez, Marcus, 98-Tessitore, John, 99-Rayam, TJ, 99-Longman, Danny

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Burkekq on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:18 pm

I swear there was a #93 playing on the o-line in the first half. No name on his jersey. Any ideas? Am I making this up?
Burkekq
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Burkekq {l Wrote}:I swear there was a #93 playing on the o-line in the first half. No name on his jersey. Any ideas? Am I making this up?

It was Conley. He changed into his normal jersey during the halftime and replaced Vrabel at LT.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:04 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:All 3 of the losses in 2007 were dumb, and ones I still remember. 2006 NC State. 2004 Syracuse. Anything from 2011-2019 is just a big homogenous blur of a bad game

Yeah, ACCCG of 07 fucking blew. Agreed with the NCSt game. My B on the 04 game, considering I attended the game the previous week at the Link the same w/e of The Malice in the Palace. Bowl game vs Vandy, is one on my list, didn't help that it was 20 degrees during the game.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:36 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

1-Gill, Jaelen, 3-Maitre, Jason, 3-Barry, Trae, 4-Okpala, Neto, 4-Flowers, Zay, 6-Grosel, Dennis, 6-Ezeiruaku, Donovan, 7-White, Kobay, 8-Muse, Jahmin, 9-
Woodbey, Jaiden, 10-Sebastian, Brandon, 11-Sillah, Shitta, 11-Lewis, CJ, 13-Galloway, Jehlani, 13-Banks, Khris, 16-Luchetti, Joey, 18-Palmer, Mike, 19-
Graham-Mobley, Isaiah, 20-Jones, Elijah, 21-DeBerry, Josh, 23-Levy, Travis, 24-Garwo, Patrick, 26-Sinkfield, Alec, 27-Arnold, Kam, 42-DePalma, Vinny, 44-
Barlow, Brandon, 46-Livingston, Aidan, 67-Conley, Jack, 69-Daniel, Gunner, 72-Lindstrom, Alec, 73-Mahogany, Christian, 78-Vrabel, Tyler, 80-Williams, Jaden,
90-Lytton, Connor, 95-Carlson, Grant, 96-Horsley, Cam, 97-Valdez, Marcus, 98-Tessitore, John, 99-Rayam, TJ, 99-Longman, Danny

Kobay did not play (see your previous post);
Hugh Davis did play - I am sure there are others that are missing.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:09 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Yeah I don't think he has any real options here. Grosel is all that he has. But he knows that Grosel isn't any good. He brought in a good QB through transfer and that guy appears to have a glass jaw, injured two seasons in a row now. So Hafley is screwed.

Fuck that answer in the ear. He is basically saying that Rueve and Moorhead need to transfer to BU (i.e. a school that doesn’t play football).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Fuck that answer in the ear. He is basically saying that Rueve and Moorhead need to transfer to BU (i.e. a school that doesn’t play football).

I don't know. He knows. I don't know.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:15 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Kobay did not play (see your previous post);
Hugh Davis did play - I am sure there are others that are missing.

Will check in next weeks media guide to see if they correct the mistakes.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He's watching all the QBs practice. I'm pretty sure if Morehead or Rueve were good he'd give them a try. Rueve couldn't even generate offers from most the MAC and Morehead is a true freshman.

Grosel was/is not very good, but those two could certainly be worse.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:37 am

realistically what qb would've transferred in to be 3rd string.

you can criticize him for not getting a big time QB in his first class but that kid would be a true fr. the list of true FR qbs that aren't a dumpster fire in year 1 isn't long
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 am

It is not his fault. But the current situation is a dumpster fire.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:realistically what qb would've transferred in to be 3rd string.

you can criticize him for not getting a big time QB in his first class but that kid would be a true fr. the list of true FR qbs that aren't a dumpster fire in year 1 isn't long

The only way a true frosh QB succeeds in college football is if there are weapons all around him AND his opponents have marginal defenses.

Grosel is no good. Hafley knows that. My avatar is a QB who got to start as a true freshman over a drunk, 26 year old, former professional baseball player, a former baseball player who was given every possible opportunity to succeed at BC. If Morehead was as good as Rettig, he's have started the Temple, Mizzou, and Clemson games (two of those three opponents had very marginal defenses.) Because the coach who recruited him sucked and the recruits he brought in were completely under-utilized, Rettig's career at BC was largely a dumpster fire. That is not Rettig's fault. As it turns out, his freshman year (the year he was least prepared for the speed and athleticism of FBS level college football) wound up being the most successful of his career. He had weapons all around him (including a senior 2-star WR who made a pair of 5-star corners at USC look "meh" in their bowl game.)

And then, all of :toby 's players graduated. No more weapons. It was all downhill for Rettig from there (downhill until his first year meathead coach realized that he did in fact have a weapon at tailback to help Rettig out in his senior year.)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He's watching all the QBs practice. I'm pretty sure if Morehead or Rueve were good he'd give them a try. Rueve couldn't even generate offers from most the MAC and Morehead is a true freshman.

Grosel was/is not very good, but those two could certainly be worse.

And I'm pointing out that, as bad as Grosel is, if Rueve and Moorhead are worse... they should quit playing football. Further, if Hafley/Cignetti's handpicked QB recruits are so bad that they can't even compete with Grosel (which was the question posed on the call), I have zero hope that QB depth won't always be a problem.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium