Marty

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marty

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC really doesn't like to settle. They usually payout well at termination to avoid future suits. I don't know if Foley deserved to be fired, but the player complaints is a winning hand for BC.

How would she deserve to be fired? At the time, she was the winningest coach at BC not named Jerry York. She exceeded all her performance goals and the player complaints were minimal.

MJ encouraging Kayla Jennings to illegally record a conversation with Foley is a special kind of stupid. Good riddance to that incompetent fuckhead. Never seen a guy get more credit for doing absolutely nothing than that guy.

She was let go in June 2018 but the suit was filed in November 2020. In between that, she was not hired as a coach, despite apparently being one of the best women's soccer coaches in the country, and started her own consulting business in the midst of a global pandemic. Were it not for BC fans' bizarre obsession with ending Martin Jarmond's career, we would all see this for the bald money grab that it is.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC really doesn't like to settle. They usually payout well at termination to avoid future suits. I don't know if Foley deserved to be fired, but the player complaints is a winning hand for BC.

How would she deserve to be fired? At the time, she was the winningest coach at BC not named Jerry York. She exceeded all her performance goals and the player complaints were minimal.

MJ encouraging Kayla Jennings to illegally record a conversation with Foley is a special kind of stupid. Good riddance to that incompetent fuckhead. Never seen a guy get more credit for doing absolutely nothing than that guy.

She was let go in June 2018 but the suit was filed in November 2020. In between that, she was not hired as a coach, despite apparently being one of the best women's soccer coaches in the country, and started her own consulting business in the midst of a global pandemic. Were it not for BC fans' bizarre obsession with ending Martin Jarmond's career, we would all see this for the bald money grab that it is.

Getting hired during the pandemic when many teams were not even playing would probably have been difficult.

It seems to me that Jarmond and Trainor did her dirty but I think it's too early to know for sure although the illegal recording is not a great look for BC. :clown hoes but yeah, anyone that thinks Jarmond will be decimated by this is definitely dreaming.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Foley’s lawsuit alleges that the University broke the first and fourth clause of Massachusetts General Laws, Title XXI, Chapter 151B, Section 4

This could be the most awkward description of a 151B claim in history.

EDIT for the record, what they meant to say was gender discrimination and retaliation.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Getting hired during the pandemic when many teams were not even playing would probably have been difficult.

It seems to me that Jarmond and Trainor did her dirty but I think it's too early to know for sure although the illegal recording is not a great look for BC. :clown hoes but yeah, anyone that thinks Jarmond will be decimated by this is definitely dreaming.

Getting hired during a pandemic when teams weren’t even playing certainly would have been difficult, which is why I’m particularly interested in the other 19 months between June 2018 and March 2020 when one of the most successful women’s collegiate soccer coaches wasn’t touched by another program.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 am

Jarmond is black and the lady soccer coach is a white woman. Jarmond is higher on the victim hierarchy, so the lawsuit will fail. The lady soccer coach needed to find a white guy to be the oppressor in her lawsuit - would have greatly increased her chances.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Getting hired during a pandemic when teams weren’t even playing certainly would have been difficult, which is why I’m particularly interested in the other 19 months between June 2018 and March 2020 when one of the most successful women’s collegiate soccer coaches wasn’t touched by another program.

well obviously a lot of that time period is apple picking session, durrrrrr

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

or you could admit that it's not unreasonable to wonder why she couldn't get hired from june 2018 - march 2020 - especially since that timeframe has to include at least one coaching carousel season for nag hoops. it's not a good fact for foley.

in my mind, they both are assholes - but this whole fiasco just sort of raises the asshole bar for each one of them and will likely not end will for either one of them. the school will not really suffer because it's reputation is already pretty much shit when it comes to athletics
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

or you could admit that it's not unreasonable to wonder why she couldn't get hired from june 2018 - march 2020 - especially since that timeframe has to include at least one coaching carousel season for nag hoops. it's not a good fact for foley.

in my mind, they both are assholes - but this whole fiasco just sort of raises the asshole bar for each one of them and will likely not end will for either one of them. the school will not really suffer because it's reputation is already pretty much shit when it comes to athletics

Maybe she wasn't looking for a job? I don't know her age but I do know she's old enough to be the coach when I was there and I graduated in 2000 and I don't remember her being young then either

I honestly have no idea..

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I honestly have no idea..

Could you add this as a signature so it appears on each of your posts? kthxbye
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I honestly have no idea..

Could you add this as a signature so it appears on each of your posts? kthxbye

I think I could do that

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Maybe she wasn't looking for a job? I don't know her age but I do know she's old enough to be the coach when I was there and I graduated in 2000 and I don't remember her being young then either

I honestly have no idea..

boston.com ran with it this afternoon: https://www.boston.com/sports/sports/20 ... _secondary
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:17 am

Not salacious enough to merit Bob Hoehler.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:06 pm

I really don’t care who wins here. Trainor is a notorious scumbag and Marty, well, let’s just say you don’t get where Marty has gotten at a relatively young age without being a sleazebag. As for the coach, I am sure she was a pain in the ass.

With that said, the fact that she wasn’t hired by someone else is shitty evidence that she was the problem. Given the taped phone call, which looks like a big set up, would it surprise any of you if BC shit all over her to whoever would listen? The good thing about law suits is that we are going to find out a lot during discovery—lots of emails to our through, etc.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Meh. No one gives a crap about nags soccer… least among them Marty. He’s not going to spend any energy orchestrating the termination of a successful coach. Because, even if his hire wins multiple national championships, no one will care.

I’m willing to bet that the players came en masse to complain about “abusive” tactics and Marty was like “for fucks sake… the last thing I need is some sort of Mike Rice situation in a sport no one cares we play.” He then handed it over to HR and said “do whatever you want.”
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:53 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun May 22, 2022 7:46 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Why is anyone over the age of 30 still a member of the AC? The AC is a way station, a place you join on the relative cheap while attending the FLS diploma mill if you are too donkey Irish to get into the U Club. But the idea that one would still be there when you have procured enough cash to join an honest to goodness country club is beyond ridiculous. The AC is for children and irredeemable alcoholics.

You would have a more intimate view of the current membership since your cousin (iona prep graduate) works for the NYAC. :ace

Wait. Back that up for a moment. As you well know, one of the more shameful aspects of my extended donkey Irish family is the number of Iona Prep grads. Which particular cousin is an employee at the AC. I take it that it was the once promising hoopster turned tennis pro. The other two or three do not seem to have skill sets that would lend themselves to working at the AC—and seemed to be above that station in life at this point. The tennis pro also makes sense as his brother-in-law is your former classmate at Parkchester Prep and apparently a member at the AC. I believe the tennis pro also resides in New Rochelle and would thus be a prime candidate for employment at that pathetic island facility that always gave the Hollow tennis team a good chuckle when we steamrolled the AC in MITL matches. I believe my butler’s pool boy’s gardener used to play there.

Fordham Prep should thank your family for it was a certain IP alum converted FP father, member of the Hollow that influenced one of the best golfers to come out of the northeast in a generation to grace the halls of the Prep and I believe win 4 city titles in golf.

The brother-in-law and my fellow FLS/parkchester prep alum (not classmate) only has spousal privileges. His wife, your cousin, is now and has forever been the "member". I crashed a first birthday party for your first cousin once removed at the city house back when NYC was still a thing in February. Your uncle is found on the lawn of Travers Island most weekends. :ace

And a special thank you on my part to your cousin for endorsing my membership application 10 years ago. Of course, Mrs. Murt and I have moved on after they did almost irreperable damage to our butler's boat by not turning the battery on when they put it in the water, thus resulting in the bilge not pumping and the enging compartment filling with salt water. When confronted, their response was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Mrs. Murt also did not like the flower arrangements on the pool deck, particularly the ones that were just herb gradens which I can't be sure they weren't just plucking basil from the flower boxes and using that in their dinners.

I have heard they renovated and updated the Tiki Bar which was in desperate need of an upgrade, though generally speaking on the weekends that thing is crawling with Ginzos from New Rochelle (I can say that because I married a Ginzo) and kids from grammar school I hated who are children of members pretending they are WASPy when at best they are just a half step up from lace curtain Irish but only because they went to Miami OH or Holy Cross and not Manhattan or Fordham.

Four things:

1. I am surprised that Logi was not beaten and tossed out of the Christening after his "unfortunate" relationship with yet another of my cousins. I am fairly certain I could have collected a not unsubstantial bounty had I maimed you in the aftermath of that meltdown.

2. I doubt that the IP alum turned FP parent would even concede to having attended IP at this point. IP seems to be the school of choice for my various relations who resided in Yonkers during their high school years (with one or two exceptions who got into Regis). Despite some nostalgia for the City of Gracious Living, I think if you asked the IP alum, "in his mind, he was always at FP". Of course, I sometimes also think that he might feel the same way about our respective alma mater vis a vis Holy Cross.

3. I wish things were going better for the FP golfer. He is a nice kid, but Skip informs me that the general consensus amongst the golf cognoscenti at The Hollow is that he is unlikely to make it on the PGA Tour. I am told he was leading the Q School tournament for the MacKenzie Tour (the Canadian PGA), but the final round was cancelled and the tour has been shut down ever since. The general consensus, such as it is, is he will likely make the Web.com tour at some point and might be able to hang around the fringes of the PGA Tour if everything goes well. Don't know what that assessment is based on, but it is what it is. There is apparently some other junior phenom there now who is allegedly better than the FP kid was at the same age, but I have not seen him play.

4. Murt, you deserved what you got, putting on airs and taking your boat to Travers Island. The Yonkers Yacht Club is a far superior alternative and is where you and your boat belong. If you really want to get into the Long Island Sound, take your boat down the majestic Hudson, into the Harlem River and out through Hell's Gate like decent people do.

This aged well. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 31, 2022 12:52 pm

@PeteThamel
Sources: Boston College has targeted former Miami athletic director Blake James to be the school’s next athletic director. An announcement is expected in the upcoming days.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue May 31, 2022 1:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@PeteThamel
Sources: Boston College has targeted former Miami athletic director Blake James to be the school’s next athletic director. An announcement is expected in the upcoming days.

Canes fans are laughing at us on the Twitter machine for the hire which does not bode well.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Tue May 31, 2022 1:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@PeteThamel

Canes fans are laughing at us on the Twitter machine for the hire which does not bode well.

This is the guy who hired Manny Diaz. They fired him and then hired a real AD and a real coach.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 31, 2022 1:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@PeteThamel

did they, at any point, say "pack yer bags!!!"

did he, at any point, act as a mentor to bryan pata?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue May 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Pete Thamel
ESPN

Boston College has targeted former Miami athletic director Blake James to be the school's next AD, sources told ESPN.

An announcement of the hire is expected in the coming days.

James spent nearly 10 years as the athletic director at Miami before being dismissed in November as part of an overhaul that eventually included the firing of football coach Manny Diaz.

James would replace Pat Kraft, who left Boston College for Penn State in late April. Kraft's departure rattled the school, as it meant that third-year football coach Jeff Hafley would be working with his third athletic director in three years.

James brings a background in fundraising and ties to the northeast after serving as the athletic director at Maine from 2003 to 2010. He also brings a strong reputation in the athletic director, administrative and academic communities that Boston College relied on in its search.

A big focus of Boston College's search was finding a candidate with experience and staying power. James is highly regarded within ACC circles for his work pulling Miami through some difficult times, including the fallout from the Nevin Shapiro scandal. Boston College is also a private school in a league of primarily public schools, which gives the jobs some crossover.

Boston College is due $2.85 million for Kraft's departure, an unprecedented amount for an athletic director's buyout. The school also received a significant buyout when former athletic director Martin Jarmond left for UCLA in May 2020.

All candidates in the Boston College search were told that significant buyouts were going to be included, as Father William P. Leahy, the school's president, valued continuity in the athletic department after the quick tenures of Kraft (two years) and Jarmond (three years).

In James, Boston College would get a steady force who is wise in the ways of the ACC and can bring some stability to build for the long term.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue May 31, 2022 2:10 pm

Not sure what to thinking about this. He was just fired in November. Was considered a star before football never made it back to U status post-Nevin Shapiro.

Hired/Fired: Al Golden, Mark Richt (respect his privacy) and Manny Diaz.
Hired: Jim Larranaga

Found it shocking how much we make as a cottage industry for being a stepping stone for ADs.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 31, 2022 2:57 pm

that buyout money can help pay for a lot of scholarships.

hiring someone that a school in your conference fired does not feel like a proper fit (hjs/eepstein definition aside)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Thornton Melon on Tue May 31, 2022 4:20 pm

None of his hires offend me - Golden didn't work out the Manny Diaz thing wasn't a great look but at the time of his hire he was a top DC....I don't see any Bates/Flip hires there anyways.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:04 pm

pretty telling sign that the new dude goes through the press conference yesterday and it wasn't mentioned here. but, at least he plans to stay through retirement...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:26 pm

Meh... I take it as a positive. They only thing that really generates excitement here (post-shocker's bankruptcy freeze) is awfulness. So, the fact that no one noticed the hire of Greg Brown or Blake James just means that folks are generally supportive. I think the AD role at BC is less about purposely going out of your way to make terrible hires (Flip and Bates) and more about making sure BC is politically positioned in the next FB merry-go-round (where ex-jocks pretending to be corporate barrons are actively working to chase the bag and end college football).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 pm

or, more realistically, it's dear, sweet apathy
TobaccoRoadEagle