Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:37 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:given both Ds and Rs don't like him, the role should be familiar territory

Yeah, it sucks to be the most popular governor in the country.

This is simply because douchy Dems loved to prance around with a White Claw in their hands at some 74 gathering and proclaim that they are, in fact, moderate with the evidence being that they voted for a Republican Governor. Baker was nothing more than a moderate Democrat who pondered to this insufferable demographic.

Like all Republicans elected as governors in the NE. Nonetheless, popular to all, point refuted.

True Republicans believe he's a RINO poser. But then again, what's a true Republican anymore? I think he's a donkey but probably more representative of my right leaning ideologies than the Trump/MAGA clowns.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:54 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:given both Ds and Rs don't like him, the role should be familiar territory

This is simply because douchy Dems loved to prance around with a White Claw in their hands at some 74 gathering and proclaim that they are, in fact, moderate with the evidence being that they voted for a Republican Governor. Baker was nothing more than a moderate Democrat who pondered to this insufferable demographic.

Like all Republicans elected as governors in the NE. Nonetheless, popular to all, point refuted.

True Republicans believe he's a RINO poser. But then again, what's a true Republican anymore? I think he's a donkey but probably more representative of my right leaning ideologies than the Trump/MAGA clowns.

Go find Dick and talk to him. What does this have to do with coaching changes?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:14 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Go find Dick and talk to him. What does this have to do with coaching changes?

Teddy said the new head of the NCAA is highly beloved. I just pointed out that smarmy Mass libs love him because he's a strategic token to support their narratives.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:38 am

If rumors are true about Kilff Kingsbury being on his way out in Zona, you are going to see at least one hasty move by a babyrapist to grab him. It wouldn’t be impossible to say that HCRD could be coaching for his job against UGA. Could also see schools like Okla, Fla, TX cut their losses.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Duke made a pretty nice hire in Mike Elko.

as always hjs is right.

9 wins in season 1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:04 pm

tommy rees to 'bama is confusing to me. maybe saban really has lost his fastball because this smacks of "ever to mediocre" for a program like 'bama
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:tommy rees to 'bama is confusing to me. maybe saban really has lost his fastball because this smacks of "ever to mediocre" for a program like 'bama

Gives a landing spot for McNulty to return to ND as OC. Makes sense to me. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:28 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:tommy rees to 'bama is confusing to me. maybe saban really has lost his fastball because this smacks of "ever to mediocre" for a program like 'bama

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:14 am

There was a theory in Notre Dame circles that Rees had naked pictures of Brian Kelly and that was how he became the starting QB at Notre Dame despite having zero arm strength and being so slow that he was run down from behind by a middle aged South Bend cop during his undergrad years. That theory was only bolstered when Kelly handed him the keys to the offense after running Matt LaFleur and then Chip Long, both of whom had better resumes that Rees, out of town and simultaneously constantly inserting himself into the offensive game planning.

Perhaps he has naked pictures of Saban. The one thing I do know is that Saban is not going to like Tommy's penchant for having the quarterback chuck up a floater into the middle of the field down by the goal line after the offense has marched down the field behind a steady diet of gashing six and seven yard runs behind an O-line that includes the highest rated LT in college football and a G and C who are both projected as 1st round picks. With that said, Saban's reaction to those sorts of calls is going to be a joy to behold.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:There was a theory in Notre Dame circles that Rees had naked pictures of Brian Kelly and that was how he became the starting QB at Notre Dame despite having zero arm strength and being so slow that he was run down from behind by a middle aged South Bend cop during his undergrad years. That theory was only bolstered when Kelly handed him the keys to the offense after running Matt LaFleur and then Chip Long, both of whom had better resumes that Rees, out of town and simultaneously constantly inserting himself into the offensive game planning.

Perhaps he has naked pictures of Saban. The one thing I do know is that Saban is not going to like Tommy's penchant for having the quarterback chuck up a floater into the middle of the field down by the goal line after the offense has marched down the field behind a steady diet of gashing six and seven yard runs behind an O-line that includes the highest rated LT in college football and a G and C who are both projected as 1st round picks. With that said, Saban's reaction to those sorts of calls is going to be a joy to behold.

Maybe its Saban and Kelly? Who's the center hash?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:18 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:There was a theory in Notre Dame circles that Rees had naked pictures of Brian Kelly and that was how he became the starting QB at Notre Dame despite having zero arm strength and being so slow that he was run down from behind by a middle aged South Bend cop during his undergrad years. That theory was only bolstered when Kelly handed him the keys to the offense after running Matt LaFleur and then Chip Long, both of whom had better resumes that Rees, out of town and simultaneously constantly inserting himself into the offensive game planning.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:26 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:21 pm

If Alabama fans hated Bill O'Brien, they are in for a treat.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:12 pm

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... eve-shimko

Bringing Applebaum back is an interesting decision. The OL looked totally confused under him and nearly got Tua killed last year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:58 pm

Stop, Tua gets Tua killed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:04 am

Hated Applebaum when he was here. I have zero doubt I’ll hate him the second time around. That said, a player’s coach like Hafley must’ve known how Mahogany and Kendall felt about Guges and Baum before making the switch. I think Chud could be excellent if he is all-in on the job.

That said, these are wildly uninspiring hires (which has been par for the course on the offensive side of the ball under Hafley). Assistants show a coach’s network. Hafley has none besides D. However, i am happy that this has been and will continue to be Hafley’s hand-built ship to go down with. If he (likely) fails, it won’t be because a meddling AD saddled him with coaches he didn’t want.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Stop, Tua gets Tua killed.

The Dolphins had a horrible OL
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Stop, Tua gets Tua killed.

The Dolphins had a horrible OL

Neither of the two concussions were on the line. The first one, he had the ball for like 10 seconds running around in the backfield, the second he was trying to escape the pocket after a good 5-6 seconds to throw and was tackled from behind as he flipped a short pass to an outlet. Both concussions were caused by the ground.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:05 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:

McNulty is headed to BAMA to work as an analyst for OC Tommy Rees.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Hated Applebaum when he was here. I have zero doubt I’ll hate him the second time around. That said, a player’s coach like Hafley must’ve known how Mahogany and Kendall felt about Guges and Baum before making the switch. I think Chud could be excellent if he is all-in on the job.

That said, these are wildly uninspiring hires (which has been par for the course on the offensive side of the ball under Hafley). Assistants show a coach’s network. Hafley has none besides D. However, i am happy that this has been and will continue to be Hafley’s hand-built ship to go down with. If he (likely) fails, it won’t be because a meddling AD saddled him with coaches he didn’t want.

Hafley wasn't going to get any superstar hires being on the hot seat this year, as he wasn't going to get the $$$ to overcome that issue.

I can't imagine Hafley could do better than Applebaum. But just because the O-Line was disastrous last season doesn't mean it performed to expectations before that.

Presumably Chudzinski will tutor Shimko in his offense, so that Shimko can take over and expand on it in a year or two. I can understand you don't want to change the offense again if you survive this year. But is Shimko such a star that he's the one you choose to groom? Was he so much better than Gunnell, for example? I know Gunnell won't be asked to come back, but he surely picked up some tricks working under Chesney and his creative OC this year. This is where the Rutgers thing makes me wonder, why was Shimko kept around and Gunnell shunted off to RBs? We can say oh Shimko understands the X's and O's and that's not Gunnell's thing, but the coaching staff's Rutgers affinity would make me wonder if there are some shaded perspectives going on.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:04 pm

ND hiring an OC and then pivoting cause they refuse to pay the buyout was perfect
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Steven Daniels going to UMass
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:55 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Steven Daniels going to UMass

He still has eligibility? That is crazy. Good luck to him! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:49 am

I guess he still had his COVID year.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I guess he still had his COVID year.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:05 pm

Ricky Brown leaving Tulsa to coach Navy’s ST and OLBs.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:28 am

Joe Rudolph departing Virginia Tech for Notre Dame to take over the OL. Good hire by Notre Dame, tough loss for Va Tech. Rudolph was the architect of some of the best Wisconsin OLs during the Chryst years between 2015-2021.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Tue May 30, 2023 2:36 pm

https://twitter.com/UCLAFootball/status ... 02528?s=20

Probably not the right place for this but RIP.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue May 30, 2023 4:06 pm

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:https://twitter.com/UCLAFootball/status/1663614517274902528?s=20

https://uclabruins.com/news/2023/5/30/f ... overn.aspx
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 31, 2023 11:34 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:https://twitter.com/UCLAFootball/status/1663614517274902528?s=20

https://uclabruins.com/news/2023/5/30/f ... overn.aspx

Very sad. Duchie and I went to the Diploma Mill with his brother, who was/is an exceedingly good guy. Sad for him and his family.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium