Giants Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Giants Weirdos

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Are they going to hire Saban or Doug Marrone?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Giants Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:05 pm

tony dungy. he knows how to get regular season victories out of a manning quarterback
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 pm

I was surprised by how many people do actually think Nick Saban is coming to New York. He has turned down the job once already, because they wouldn't give him full roster control. If they had fired Reese at the same time TC "resigned" I may say its more likely. Nick is king of Alabama. He has carte blanche down there and is one MNC away from being a god in his own right.

Doug Marrone is more interesting. I think it is between him and McAdoo, though I wouldn't be opposed to Lovie.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:08 pm

promote mcadoo, keep reese & spags

good lord
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I was surprised by how many people do actually think Nick Saban is coming to New York. He has turned down the job once already, because they wouldn't give him full roster control. If they had fired Reese at the same time TC "resigned" I may say its more likely. Nick is king of Alabama. He has carte blanche down there and is one MNC away from being a god in his own right.

Doug Marrone is more interesting. I think it is between him and McAdoo, though I wouldn't be opposed to Lovie.

As a Bucs fan Lovie Smith is a disaster. Good luck with that
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Never trust a man who parts his hair in the middle. See Bates, Brad.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:promote mcadoo, keep reese & spags

good lord

Are you advocating this or upset about this?

Why keep Spags? He's not been good on his return.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 am

good lord

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:52 am

He's questioning it. I don't see why they keep Spags.

Lovie Smith is terrible.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

good lord

I'm mocking it.

so all that's really changed is tc is gone and they'll backfill the OC position for a team that hasn't hit .500 once in last 3 years playing in a shittastic division. i don't like / dislike the giants but that seems incredibly dumb.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

good lord

I'm mocking it.

so all that's really changed is tc is gone and they'll backfill the OC position for a team that hasn't hit .500 once in last 3 years playing in a shittastic division. i don't like / dislike the giants but that seems incredibly dumb.

maybe they pick up fchiwrd as the oc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:57 am

Welp, the Eagles appear to be signing up for a 69 year old Tom Coughlin plus the non-General Manager, General Manager they demoted to towel counting at the beginning of last season.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:01 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Welp, the Eagles appear to be signing up for a 69 year old Tom Coughlin plus the non-General Manager, General Manager they demoted to towel counting at the beginning of last season.

Not so fast, my friend. TC removed his name from consideration.

49ers supposedly deciding between Chip and Shanahan. I can see them hiring Shanahan since he worked so well with RG3.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Welp, the Eagles appear to be signing up for a 69 year old Tom Coughlin plus the non-General Manager, General Manager they demoted to towel counting at the beginning of last season.

Not so fast, my friend. TC removed his name from consideration.

49ers supposedly deciding between Chip and Shanahan. I can see them hiring Shanahan since he worked so well with RG3.

great, on to the Doug Pederson/Pat Shurmur era it is.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Keeping Reese was a completely idiotic move by Mara & Co. They cited his working getting them two rings as reason for keeping him, yet that isn't enough reason to keep Coughlin???? Reese put together a roster on defense that was as bad as BC's offense. He also absolutely sucks at drafting (minus ODB). They should have canned just Reese or at least forced him to step down with TC.

Meanwhile, no way should they have gone after Saban. He sucked with the Phins he'd suck again. Great coach for college, but his demeanor and success, along with the football-focused nature of the school, means Bama continues to pull in the top recruits every year. Not like Saban is coaching on a relatively talent-level field with salary cap constraints.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Big week for Dan Henning's former BC staff.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:00 pm

A few things:

1. Joe judge may be a fraud.

2. Jason Garrett is a lifetime failure as a coach at any level.

3. This team is terrible and will be lucky to win 5 games.

4. Dave gettleman is a fat, geriatric fucktard.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Blame ultimately rests on the shoulders of two BC guys: Mara, for hiring nothing but fuckwits and frauds, and Colombo, for failing to end the Joe Judge era when he had the chance.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:A few things:

1. Joe judge may be a fraud.

2. Jason Garrett is a lifetime failure as a coach at any level.

3. This team is terrible and will be lucky to win 5 games.

4. Dave gettleman is a fat, geriatric fucktard.

Agreed, i was at the game and mid way through the 2nd quarter, I realized this team is horse shit and bet against them. -6.5 was a gift.

They can't score, the Broncos ran the same play against them 20x and they could stop it. The defense was supposed to be good and will get eaten alive
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Blame ultimately rests on the shoulders of two BC guys: Mara, for hiring nothing but fuckwits and frauds, and Colombo, for failing to end the Joe Judge era when he had the chance.

Mara has to be a fucking trust fund dimwit. Trusting gettleman is absurd.

Dick - what do your sources say about this?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Blame ultimately rests on the shoulders of two BC guys: Mara, for hiring nothing but fuckwits and frauds, and Colombo, for failing to end the Joe Judge era when he had the chance.

It’s this. Joe Judge makes Dazoo seem tolerant and understanding.

Maybe there was a reason inexperienced Special Team coaches don’t regularly get promoted to head coach. But, good on the Giants for winning the press conference. That’s always the most important factor in NY.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:19 pm

30 fumbles + 22 picks in 26 starts isn't a winning formula

call me crazy but a guy who wasn't even voted top 3 qbs in acc his senior year probably shouldn't be the #6 pick in the draft
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:08 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Mara has to be a fucking trust fund dimwit. Trusting gettleman is absurd.

Dick - what do your sources say about this?

Mara is a nice guy who is in way over his head as a football executive. His “gut instincts” are not much different than James Dolan’s with respect to hiring. I can tell you that some of the limited partners were flabbergasted by both the Gettleman and Judge hires and are lobbying for Tisch to force him to give up the CEO and President roles so they can be taken over by a football guy. The truth is that his old man, who knew more about football then John, was basically forced by Pete Rozelle to hire George Young because he couldn’t hack it from a player personnel guy and it was bad for the overall league business for the Giants to suck for as long and as hard as they did back in the late 60s through the late 70s. Goodell isn’t going to rescue them from John Mara being in over his head because whether the Giants suck or not matters very little to the NFL at this point, so it’s up to Tisch to do something.

Best thing about Joe Judge is that the fan base at Mississippi State was divided on whether they wanted him as a head coach and they were absolutely flabbergasted that the Giants hired him.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm

That was some Dazzoo level coaching from the wunderkind Joe Judge. Great game plan, awesome clock management. He turned Tyler Fucking Heinicke into 1988 Joe Montana and his team slit its own throat with one unforced error after another. The Dexter Lawrence play was fucking terrible, but it wouldn’t have mattered if they didn’t shoot themselves in the dock repeatedly before the last flaming fuck up.

If John Mara were not obviously functionally retarded Joe Judge would get fired in the parking lot outside the locker room and given a Northeast Corridor local ticket to get himself back to NY. And that fat tub of stupidity and turds, Gettleman, would get tossed into a dumpster at Fed Ex Field and warned never to set foot in New Jersey again.

If Hafley can go 9–3, the job will be his for the taking.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:That was some Dazzoo level coaching from the wunderkind Joe Judge. Great game plan, awesome clock management. He turned Tyler Fucking Heinicke into 1988 Joe Montana and his team slit its own throat with one unforced error after another. The Dexter Lawrence play was fucking terrible, but it wouldn’t have mattered if they didn’t shoot themselves in the dock repeatedly before the last flaming fuck up.

If John Mara were not obviously functionally retarded Joe Judge would get fired in the parking lot outside the locker room and given a Northeast Corridor local ticket to get himself back to NY. And that fat tub of stupidity and turds, Gettleman, would get tossed into a dumpster at Fed Ex Field and warned never to set foot in New Jersey again.

This is literally the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on. Lawrence, who should never have been a first round pick but was because of Gettleman’s propensity for anything fat, lost the game singlehandedly. However, the puscadore pussy fuck play calling after Bradberry’s interception was as gutless as anything I’ve ever seen in football. Fuck them all.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:49 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}: Lawrence, who should never have been a first round pick but was because of Gettleman’s propensity for anything fat

We probably have an NFL Draft thread somewhere. But, when Lawrence jumped, I said to myself “has Dabo ever produced a DL who hasn’t sucked as a pro?” The answer, it turns out, is no. From Daquon Bowers to Vic Beasley to the “greatest ever DL” of Ferrell-Wilkins-Lawrence-Bryant… they all have disappointed in the pros (the higher the pick the more spectacularly). You want to grab a position player based on combine stats… you’ll be fine. But, you need to stay far away from the big men from that program.

For the Giants, they need to hire a new GM and then authorize the GM to handle the head coach. None of this nonsense where Mara is having both separately report to him.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:That was some Dazzoo level coaching from the wunderkind Joe Judge. Great game plan, awesome clock management. He turned Tyler Fucking Heinicke into 1988 Joe Montana and his team slit its own throat with one unforced error after another. The Dexter Lawrence play was fucking terrible, but it wouldn’t have mattered if they didn’t shoot themselves in the dock repeatedly before the last flaming fuck up.

This is literally the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on. Lawrence, who should never have been a first round pick but was because of Gettleman’s propensity for anything fat, lost the game singlehandedly. However, the puscadore pussy fuck play calling after Bradberry’s interception was as gutless as anything I’ve ever seen in football. Fuck them all.

Since the Giants wait a year longer than they should to do anything, this is all setting up nicely for a Hafley/Jurkovec package deal in 2023.

This team is terrible and the only good thing about last night was that it will be ten days before I have to think about them again.

Your stat of the day is that the Giants haven't had a week where they were above .500 since 2017.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Since the Giants wait a year longer than they should to do anything, this is all setting up nicely for a Hafley/Jurkovec package deal in 2023.

This team is terrible and the only good thing about last night was that it will be ten days before I have to think about them again.

Your stat of the day is that the Giants haven't had a week where they were above .500 since 2017.

They are also now the worst team in football over the last four seasons. It's time for Tisch to get the limited partners together and push Mara out of any role in day-to-day operation of the team or the hiring or firing of any football personnel.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 am

That was one of the worst Giants games ever.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:55 am

I am choosing to blame Iona Prep for this over BC/diploma mill. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium