Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:If the Fenway group wants CFB games, it better be us.

The Fenway group doesn't want CFB. They want anything they can sell in that ballpark during the offseason. They'd host Disney On Ice if they were confident 30K people would show up.

Put an aquarium tank in there and we can do annual EO Navy Battles. I'll take Claver, CommAve, TWB, DGF and AdamBC as my 6 man team. Any and all challengers are welcome.

i don't think anyone here wants anything to do with the eo coaching staff's seamen. although i'm not surprised lbl's involved - likely as your "undercover" operator

My job is to look for torpedoes.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The Fenway group doesn't want CFB. They want anything they can sell in that ballpark during the offseason. They'd host Disney On Ice if they were confident 30K people would show up.

Put an aquarium tank in there and we can do annual EO Navy Battles. I'll take Claver, CommAve, TWB, DGF and AdamBC as my 6 man team. Any and all challengers are welcome.

i don't think anyone here wants anything to do with the eo coaching staff's seamen. although i'm not surprised lbl's involved - likely as your "undercover" operator

That's why you're on the team
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

well, that and you're gay enough to fit into the gaiety that is the "eo coaching staff" which is gayer than 11 dudes banging 10 dudes on jm j. bullock's grave while watching "property brothers"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

well, that and you're gay enough to fit into the gaiety that is the "eo coaching staff" which is gayer than 11 dudes banging 10 dudes on jm j. bullock's grave while watching "property brothers"

If those dudes were watching Million Dollar Listing would that matter? Asking for a friend
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
If those dudes were watching Million Dollar Listing would that matter? Asking for a friend

No, but if they were watching that chick on Flip or Flop, that would matter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

i don't watch that show. does she have a weener or something?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Thanks for weighing in. We have a grad assistant position open on the EO Coaching Staff. You should apply
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Teddy would be useless in that competition. He'd get :bored after about 2 mins and stop playing.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:55 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You'd launch the lifeboats before the opening cannon barrage.

We'd all park the boats in the same section, it would be like a game of Battleship between the kids in wood shop.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

E.s.t
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:52 pm

TOS says we've schedule THE Purdue University...and are "due to announce facilities upgrades in the coming weeks"
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:52 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:TOS says we've schedule THE Purdue University

I've always wanted to visit West Lafayette.

:|
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:53 pm

It can't be any worse than South Bend.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:TOS says we've schedule THE Purdue University...and are "due to announce facilities upgrades in the coming weeks"

Purdue? Yuck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Its the type of Power 5 opponent we need right now. We're not Mississippi State here, so we don't have the *extreme* bargaining power to get a 2-for-1 with UMASS (lol everywhere)...but a home-and-home with Purdue is absolutely fine. If we're ever good enough to challenge in our half of the ACC, our strength of schedule will be strong enough based on conference games alone. A game like Purdue isn't bad. Its better than playing the MAC even if its a sub-MAC quality team.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Purdue is fine
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Better start filling in the corners now. SRO for that barn burner.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:56 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

it is worse
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 am

Purdue is fine.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:50 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

it is worse

Far worse. I'm not sure that you people understand just how bad Indiana is. I had to spend a few days in Fort Wayne for work over the summer and ended up eating at Burger King because it seemed to be the best option. Well, that and I wanted to honor the legacy of nospace.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:55 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

it is worse

Far worse. I'm not sure that you people understand just how bad Indiana is. I had to spend a few days in Fort Wayne for work over the summer and ended up eating at Burger King because it seemed to be the best option. Well, that and I wanted to honor the legacy of nospace.

Nospace would find a bobs big boy or Roy Rogers somehow.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:25 am

*** UPDATED INITIAL POST: Warde Manuel has officially announced the BC UConn Series. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-fo ... 15aab.html ***

So BC vs. UConn Officially:
- 2016: BC vs. UConn
- 2017: BC @ UConn
- 2022: BC vs. UConn
- 2023: BC @ UConn

Also, will be curious to see about a Purdue series. Purdue has P5's scheduled for every season moving forward except 2016 (we're full unless we're dropping Wagner and our annual FCS cupcake), 2019 (we already have ND) and 2022 (ND again). So either Bates is agreeing to a surprise 2016 P5, we're doubling up some P5 years, or this deal is going to require some shuffling.

Or, of course, Purdue doesn't mind doubling up P5's. Actually, this is the most likely scenario.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:46 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:*** UPDATED INITIAL POST: Warde Manuel has officially announced the BC UConn Series. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-fo ... 15aab.html ***

Also, will be curious to see about a Purdue series. Purdue has P5's scheduled for every season moving forward except 2016 (we're full unless we're dropping Wagner and our annual FCS cupcake), 2019 (we already have ND) and 2022 (ND again). So either Bates is agreeing to a surprise 2016 P5, we're doubling up some P5 years, or this deal is going to require some shuffling.

Or, of course, Purdue doesn't mind doubling up P5's. Actually, this is the most likely scenario.

Please let it be that we're dropping Wagner... That's Howard-level embarrassing.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

it is worse

Did you see this guy?

ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:51 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Its the type of Power 5 opponent we need right now. We're not Mississippi State here, so we don't have the *extreme* bargaining power to get a 2-for-1 with UMASS (lol everywhere)...but a home-and-home with Purdue is absolutely fine. If we're ever good enough to challenge in our half of the ACC, our strength of schedule will be strong enough based on conference games alone. A game like Purdue isn't bad. Its better than playing the MAC even if its a sub-MAC quality team.

This is exactly right. Every year we're playing FSU, Clemson, Louisville and VT.

- From a win's perspective, that's a very serious risk of 0-4 in every year that we're not "good," forget even "solid" or "respectable." Unless we're flat out "good" 0-4 is going to happen often. Adding a top 10 OOC P5, or even a top 25, while exciting and marketable, suddenly brings 5 near-guaranteed losses into play. Bates and Daz won't like those odds at all.

- From a SOS perspective, which is so laughable that we're even considering it because when would that ever matter?!?! If we're ACC Champs vying for a playoff spot?!?!? Regardless, even in the unlikely even that we go 12-1 and win the ACCCG, we'd still have a very good SOS even with a Purdue. Every year it's between Clemson and BC for the hardest SOS in ACC conference play. It's almost guaranteed that 3 of Clemson, FSU, Louisville, and VT would be top 25, as would the Coastal Champion. Add to that any win over a P5 like Purdue and we've got as decent a shot as any 1-loss ACC team. (Never, ever, ever going to happen though, at least not until 2018 at the earliest.)
Last edited by dtwalrus on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:51 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:*** UPDATED INITIAL POST: Warde Manuel has officially announced the BC UConn Series. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-fo ... 15aab.html ***

Please let it be that we're dropping Wagner... That's Howard-level embarrassing.

Dropping Wagner for 2016 Purdue on short notice would be the smartest schedule Daz/Bates has done. Purdue will be terrible next year and while not as easy as Wagner, it would be a winnable game.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:01 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

Dropping Wagner for 2016 Purdue on short notice would be the smartest schedule Daz/Bates has done. Purdue will be terrible next year and while not as easy as Wagner, it would be a winnable game.

Yeah, but nevermind. I forgot that the BIG is moving to a 9-game conference schedule starting next year. So 3-OOC is a full slate for Purdue. They're booked...without a P5, but with Cincinnati...and remember that the BIG announced that some already scheduled AAC teams would count as P5.

It's either going to be some shuffling or likely Purdue is doubling up P5's. They're clearly willing: they have Louisville and Missouri on the schedule in 2017 and 2026 has both ND and Wake. I'm hoping for 2018 and 2020. Purdue is a reasonable opponent for where this team will be in those years, regardless if it's Anno Daz 6 and 8 or Anno HCRD 2 and 4...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:48 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Its the type of Power 5 opponent we need right now. We're not Mississippi State here, so we don't have the *extreme* bargaining power to get a 2-for-1 with UMASS (lol everywhere)...but a home-and-home with Purdue is absolutely fine. If we're ever good enough to challenge in our half of the ACC, our strength of schedule will be strong enough based on conference games alone. A game like Purdue isn't bad. Its better than playing the MAC even if its a sub-MAC quality team.

This is exactly right. Every year we're playing FSU, Clemson, Louisville and VT.

- From a win's perspective, that's a very serious risk of 0-4 in every year that we're not "good," forget even "solid" or "respectable." Unless we're flat out "good" 0-4 is going to happen often. Adding a top 10 OOC P5, or even a top 25, while exciting and marketable, suddenly brings 5 near-guaranteed losses into play. Bates and Daz won't like those odds at all.

- From a SOS perspective, which is so laughable that we're even considering it because when would that ever matter?!?! If we're ACC Champs vying for a playoff spot?!?!? Regardless, even in the unlikely even that we go 12-1 and win the ACCCG, we'd still have a very good SOS even with a Purdue. Every year it's between Clemson and BC for the hardest SOS in ACC conference play. It's almost guaranteed that 3 of Clemson, FSU, Louisville, and VT would be top 25, as would the Coastal Champion. Add to that any win over a P5 like Purdue and we've got as decent a shot as any 1-loss ACC team. (Never, ever, ever going to happen though, at least not until 2018 at the earliest.)

If we are any good, we should go 2-2 with FSU, Clemson, Louisville and VT. Our terrible 3-9 team hung with Louisville this year. Louisville and VT were not good this year. Think of when we joined the ACC. FSU and Clemson were down and VT was good. These things are cyclical. Now that Louisville is in the ACC and has to play FSU and Clemson annually too, there will be very few years when all four are in the Top 25.

Bates/Daz think padding our wins Baylor style will change perception of BC. I don't buy it. I think at BC we are better trading our cupcake for the occasional non-conference Power 5.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:TOS says we've schedule THE Purdue University...and are "due to announce facilities upgrades in the coming weeks"

Purdue? Yuck

This. Only slightly more interested in Purdue over a MAC team. If we are going to schedule a BIG10 team, I would much rather Iowa, Wisconsin or Nebraska.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Further proof Fuckface Bates truly understands what BC's fan base wants.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium