Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby BCEagles66 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Blaud's again! We're going to have to create a separate thread to keep track of all these Bloop's Scoops! Wagner announced for 9/24. He also predicts that 9/17 will be the bye.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=13186

That would make 2016:
9/3 - GT (Dublin)
9/10 - @UMass
9/17 - BYE
9/24 - Wagner
10/1 - Buffalo
10/8 - (ACC)
10/15 - (ACC)
10/22 - (ACC)
10/29 - (ACC)
11/5 - (ACC)
11/12 - (ACC)
11/19 - UConn
11/26 - Syracuse

I'll give Bates and Daz credit for this much at least: that's how you ease a team into a schedule coming off a 3-win season. Then again, the cupcake early schedule didn't exactly help the team develop in '15, so who knows.

:screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle

Presumably, the Eagles will also have their bye week scheduled on Sept. 17th, which would mean the Wagner game would begin a 10 week run through the remainder of the season.
Look for the ACC to stick a road game onto BC’s schedule on Sept. 17th, with the Eagles getting a bye later in the season.

:shrug
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Blaud's again! We're going to have to create a separate thread to keep track of all these Bloop's Scoops! Wagner announced for 9/24. He also predicts that 9/17 will be the bye.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=13186

That would make 2016:
9/3 - GT (Dublin)
9/10 - @UMass
9/17 - BYE
9/24 - Wagner
10/1 - Buffalo
10/8 - (ACC)
10/15 - (ACC)
10/22 - (ACC)
10/29 - (ACC)
11/5 - (ACC)
11/12 - (ACC)
11/19 - UConn
11/26 - Syracuse

I'll give Bates and Daz credit for this much at least: that's how you ease a team into a schedule coming off a 3-win season. Then again, the cupcake early schedule didn't exactly help the team develop in '15, so who knows.

:screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle :popcorn :screamyeagle

Presumably, the Eagles will also have their bye week scheduled on Sept. 17th, which would mean the Wagner game would begin a 10 week run through the remainder of the season.
Look for the ACC to stick a road game onto BC’s schedule on Sept. 17th, with the Eagles getting a bye later in the season.

:shrug

Curious. I wonder if he edited the post to hedge on the bye date. I'm pretty sure he originally just said the 17th, as though he heard it from his source. Now he has a giant contradiction in a desperate attempt to hedge.

Also, interesting that Blaud's didn't break the Purdue series. I'm inclined to think this is further proof that Daz is Blaud's source. Just about anything team related that would be decided by Daz is coming from Blauds. But scheduling, the purvue of Bates, went through ESPN...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:31 pm

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-co ... -schedules

Bastards! "Looking ahead courtesy of FBS Schedules" my ass! Just cite me as your source! According to "dtwalrus, from the bowels of The Nexus..."

:slapfight
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:35 pm

they steal a lot of shit. get over it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-football/2016/1/20/10794876/boston-college-football-sizing-up-future-schedules

Bastards! "Looking ahead courtesy of FBS Schedules" my ass! Just cite me as your source! According to "dtwalrus, from the bowels of The Nexus..."

at least it wasn't tubasteak. :shrug
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-football/2016/1/20/10794876/boston-college-football-sizing-up-future-schedules

The quality and integrity of that site have suffered greatly since I left.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:50 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The quality and integrity of that site have suffered greatly since I left.

was that your prison job? what did it pay, like $0.03 per post/comment?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:30 am

More talk of a game at Fenway. For those too lazy to click over, the highlights:

- Regular talks between Fenway and BB
- Fenway wants a regular game
- Not ruling out a bowl game at Fenway
- Preference for Fenway is local teams in November.

Can't help but notice that all the UConm games have been scheduled in the middle of November.
http://nesn.com/2016/01/sam-kennedy-red ... ball-game/
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:57 am

"We’ve had initial conversations with (Boston College athletics director) Brad Bates and he seems very receptive."

So in other words, literally zero progress towards anything has been made.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:"We’ve had initial conversations with (Boston College athletics director) Brad Bates and he seems very receptive."

No, no, no, no, no.

Football games at Fenway are awful, especially if it's BC and UConn.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:"We’ve had initial conversations with (Boston College athletics director) Brad Bates and he seems very receptive."

No, no, no, no, no.

you went to the game? I wouldn't mind it for one of the cupcake games, esp when we have 4 home games in a row in Sept like last season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:20 am

If Bates schedules games at Fenway those games better not be included in my season ticket fee. I have no desire to watch a game at Fenway nor does anyone in my group. In fact, my desire to watch this team at all has reached a point where last week I suggested we not renew our season tickets but got voted down.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:33 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No, no, no, no, no.

you went to the game? I wouldn't mind it for one of the cupcake games, esp when we have 4 home games in a row in Sept like last season.

I didn't. Fenway is great if you're a tourist and go to one game. Fenway sucks if you're like me and go to 15 Sox games per year or so. The lines of sight are horrific and cramped. It also takes forever to get in and out of, even if you know all the ins and outs like I do. It's an even worse venue for hockey when I went. I can't imagine you can see anything for football. Parking is also a hassle, not that it isn't at BC.

I'd be a lot more open to playing UMass annually at Gillette. I would actually enjoy that. It's modern, it's easy and it's basically a BC home game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 am

it seems to me like bates is trying to be notre dame 0.1 with the game in ireland, trying to schedule fenway, game in gillette.

difference is, in my opinion it can be a great springboard for attention when you're team is top 20 trying to make the leap into top 10. its sad and pathetic when you're struggling to avoid double digit loss seasons.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Bates is not trying to schedule a game in Fenway, Kennedy is.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:19 pm

I thought Fenway was fine for a FB game, but much like the Fenway hockey thing, it's going to lose its luster quick.

As for playing Yukon at Fenway, HARD PASS. I would be much more inclined to play UMass (make it a UMass home game with 50/50 ticket split) or even an ACC team at Fenway. Even a lower level P5 team like Purdue would be fine at Fenway (if Bates had the ability to schedule more games like this vs lower level P5 teams it would be great to play at Fenway, but I assume since Purdue is the pinnacle of Bates scheduling record he is going to want to keep it on campus).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Obviously depends on your seats, but Fenway was fantastic for the ND game; the only thing I didn't like was both teams on the same sideline. Playing a "home" game at Gillette is very dumb for many reasons.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Obviously depends on your seats, but Fenway was fantastic for the ND game; the only thing I didn't like was both teams on the same sideline. Playing a "home" game at Gillette is very dumb for many reasons.

Play UMass vs BC every year at Gilette. split the revenue 50/50
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No, no, no, no, no.

I didn't. Fenway is great if you're a tourist and go to one game. Fenway sucks if you're like me and go to 15 Sox games per year or so. The lines of sight are horrific and cramped. It also takes forever to get in and out of, even if you know all the ins and outs like I do. It's an even worse venue for hockey when I went. I can't imagine you can see anything for football. Parking is also a hassle, not that it isn't at BC.

I'd be a lot more open to playing UMass annually at Gillette. I would actually enjoy that. It's modern, it's easy and it's basically a BC home game.

Fenway is a perfectly fine venue other than the size of the seats. This post is from 20 years ago.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:11 pm

schedule comes out tomorrow
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No, no, no, no, no.

Fenway is a perfectly fine venue other than the size of the seats. This post is from 20 years ago.

Sat in the RF Boxes lately? Or anywhere in the grandstand?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fenway is a perfectly fine venue other than the size of the seats. This post is from 20 years ago.

I don't think I went last year but does it still take 2 innings to go to the bathroom?

it's an absolutely terrible place to watch a game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fenway is a perfectly fine venue other than the size of the seats. This post is from 20 years ago.

I don't think I went last year but does it still take 2 innings to go to the bathroom?

it's an absolutely terrible place to watch a game

Again, posts from 15 years ago and seats I never sit in.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

If the rumors are true, your home slate for 2016 will be:
- Wagner
- Buffalo
- UConn
- Louisville
- Syracuse
- Clemson (Friday night)

And this, coming off a 3-9 season. The attendance numbers are going to hit an all-time low this year...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Make that 2 Friday games for a double kick to the junk!

Clemson
@FSU
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Stolen from Twitter...two Friday night games is not my idea of a great schedule, at least one is on the road.
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:28 pm

sgt slaughter {l Wrote}:having a bye week in the middle of the season is a crushing blow to this team. just as soon as we establish some momentum and get the rhythm we're hoping for, it all gets tossed away by some subjective bye week. not fair in a year that we have everyone on the schedule other than the new england patriots.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
sgt slaughter {l Wrote}:having a bye week in the middle of the season is a crushing blow to this young team. just as soon as we establish some momentum and get the rhythm we're hoping for, it all gets tossed away by some subjective bye week. not fair in a year that we have everyone on the schedule other than the new england patriots.

fixed
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Blaud's dropping more bombs:

- BC and UMass in discussions to play an annual game at Gilette, to be played the Thursday night before Labor Day.
- Tickets to the game to be included on BOTH teams annual season ticket plans. This actually makes sense. If combined BC and UMass only have 20K season ticket holders, why not let both teams sell it as a home game. If if both schools attendance numbers take off, you could still probably get away with this setup for at least a decade.
- One holdup is cost of tickets, though I'm not sure I understand what Blaud's is saying here: " But people within the BC family are irritated at their own reps who were trying to get bargain basement prices at $10 a ticket for the lower level tickets and 30 dollars for tickets which in the 300 to 400 dollar per seat range for Patriot games. Faced with declining season ticket sales–estimates have the figure around 11,000 for next season–BC officials were concerned that BC fans would balk at paying an extra $30 to $50 on their season ticket package for premium seats at Gillette, which would also include free parking."
- Currently at approximately 11K season ticket holders. Was at 36K 10 years ago.

Oh, and he also recommends BC designate UConn it's Thanksgiving weekend rival. Open every year against UMass and end every year against UConn. At what point does the ACC drop us if we actually do this?

EDIT: Initial post said an annual Labor Day Thursday game at "Fenway." My bad. Total brain fart. Annual at Gillette, obviously.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:29 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Blaud's dropping more bombs:

- BC and UMass in discussions to play an annual game at Fenway, to be played the Thursday night before Labor Day.
- Tickets to the game to be included on BOTH teams annual season ticket plans. This actually makes sense. If combined BC and UMass only have 20K season ticket holders, why not let both teams sell it as a home game. If if both schools attendance numbers take off, you could still probably get away with this setup for at least a decade.
- One holdup is cost of tickets, though I'm not sure I understand what Blaud's is saying here: " But people within the BC family are irritated at their own reps who were trying to get bargain basement prices at $10 a ticket for the lower level tickets and 30 dollars for tickets which in the 300 to 400 dollar per seat range for Patriot games. Faced with declining season ticket sales–estimates have the figure around 11,000 for next season–BC officials were concerned that BC fans would balk at paying an extra $30 to $50 on their season ticket package for premium seats at Gillette, which would also include free parking."
- Currently at approximately 11K season ticket holders. Was at 36K 10 years ago.

Oh, and he also recommends BC designate UConn it's Thanksgiving weekend rival. Open every year against UMass and end every year against UConn. At what point does the ACC drop us if we actually do this?

He sure is spending a lot of time covering a team he recently deemed "irrelevant."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium