Any good tattoo removal places? (Haden/Tuggle Transfer)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Any good tattoo removal places? (Haden/Tuggle Transfer)

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
I agree with '74! If Haden had two stars coming in, people wouldn't care nearly as much about his decision. As I said earlier, I'm excited to see more of Finch. This is a great opportunity for him.

I'm not pleased with some of the things Spaz is doing, but I'm not adding this to my list of complaints. Any time you have a coaching change, it becomes likely that a couple of players will transfer. BC is no different.

What was one of Gene's biggest reasons for hiring Spaziano? For continuity. Having players leave in midseason is troubling at the very least. If the decision was made at the end of the year then there might be a plausible explanation. No way to spin this one as it reflects poorly on the leadership/direction of the program. In addition this bolsters previous threads of possible discord in the program.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
I agree with '74! If Haden had two stars coming in, people wouldn't care nearly as much about his decision. As I said earlier, I'm excited to see more of Finch. This is a great opportunity for him.

I'm not pleased with some of the things Spaz is doing, but I'm not adding this to my list of complaints. Any time you have a coaching change, it becomes likely that a couple of players will transfer. BC is no different.

What was one of Gene's biggest reasons for hiring Spaziano? For continuity. Having players leave in midseason is troubling at the very least. If the decision was made at the end of the year then there might be a plausible explanation. No way to spin this one as it reflects poorly on the leadership/direction of the program. In addition this bolsters previous threads of possible discord in the program.

Eh, it doesn't bother me. Tuggle and Haden can only help themselves by getting this process started sooner before colleges fill their recruiting classes. It's a smart move on their part if they know they want to leave. And you can't blame the coaches for thinking that other players on the roster are better and will get the bulk of the playing time.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm

I am wondering if there is more to this than we will ever know?

Perhaps they are both just pissed, their pride is hurt, that they aren't (and apparently wont ever be) starters. I think this is most likely.

Perhaps both players are disillusioned with the way the team is playing and they just want out (whatever happens, happens?)

Perhaps both were contacted by another school and given an offer for a scholly elsewhere? (I am assuming that is against NCAA rules, but if no one can prove anything and these two remain silent then...)

Or perhaps, Spaz and Tranq sat them both down yesterday and told them both that the school would not be renewing their scholarships next year?

We may never know for sure.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: any good tattoo removal places in chestnut hill?

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Ok, now that I've read it, let me say that Haden was not used properly, on balance. At the same time, he has proved to be prone to injury despite limited carries- in short, he is not an every down back. While I don't blame him for trying for a starting spot, Montel Harris earned the job as BC's feature back. Haden never sustained any period of excellence despite starting most (all?) of last season behind a gifted offensive line. While his bust and speed have been much touted (and displayed on several runs), I can't recall him breaking a single run of 40 yards against a FBS team.

I agree completely.

Tuggle transferring was a foregone conclusion and not a blow to the team. It has become clear that Harris is the better back, and Haden was a bit of a disappointment based on the expectations a lot of us had for him. He's quick, but not necessarily explosive. I am more concerned how these departures could be perceived by recruits and commits. I'm hoping it's not negative.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Ok, now that I've read it, let me say that Haden was not used properly, on balance. At the same time, he has proved to be prone to injury despite limited carries- in short, he is not an every down back. While I don't blame him for trying for a starting spot, Montel Harris earned the job as BC's feature back. Haden never sustained any period of excellence despite starting most (all?) of last season behind a gifted offensive line. While his bust and speed have been much touted (and displayed on several runs), I can't recall him breaking a single run of 40 yards against a FBS team.

I agree completely.

Tuggle transferring was a foregone conclusion and not a blow to the team. It has become clear that Harris is the better back, and Haden was a bit of a disappointment based on the expectations a lot of us had for him. He's quick, but not necessarily explosive. I am more concerned how these departures could be perceived by recruits and commits. I'm hoping it's not negative.

Yeah, the loss of Haden, and what he brings as a player is certainly not irreplaceable, nor is it a major loss even for the remainder of the season, and Tuggle wasn't going to play one way or the other. But it seems(to me at least, and obviously others here) like something is very wrong with the program, internally, this season and that perception and the cummulative shit storm of bad luck/bad decisions/bad press is scarier than any of its individual parts.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't think anyone has posted the ESPN Link yet

Not worried or surprised about Tuggle.

I would have liked to see them try to switch Haden to a DB or WR (preferably). It was clear he wasn't #1 and they already burned Finch's red shirt, might as well give him a shot. I think he could have been a lot better if used in a different scheme, but ultimately, that's not our style anymore (unfortunately). He didn't look that great last year either. I still think he will be a solid player at a FBS school that uses him in a more befitting matter. In the end, I'm OK with it though. Hopefully they use the schollies wisely this year now.

I'd also assume BC limited what FBS schools they can go to when they released them from their scholarships a la UM's QB last year. Something like no ACC schools...
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I agree completely.

Wow, re-reading my quoted passage I caught my Freudian slip. I'll leave that question to ATL.

BTW, when TW gets back from his deposition he's going to lose his shit.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Ok, now that I've read it, let me say that Haden was not used properly, on balance. At the same time, he has

Yeah, the loss of Haden, and what he brings as a player is certainly not irreplaceable, nor is it a major loss even for the remainder of the season, and Tuggle wasn't going to play one way or the other. But it seems(to me at least, and obviously others here) like something is very wrong with the program, internally, this season and that perception and the cummulative shit storm of bad luck/bad decisions/bad press is scarier than any of its individual parts.

Obviously plenty of time for recruits to back out and for other on-the-fence recruits to go another direction. But Spaz & co, at this point, have landed Retting, Phillips, Pierre-Louis, Betancourt, etc. Seems to be a nice class ON PAPER so far. So, not so sure how much a perceived "shit storm" is hurting them at this point. Now, how they coach on gameday...
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

I wish there were futures contracts traded on how good a player's career will be. I'd make a lot of money shorting Tuggle's college career based on all you experts saying he can't play quarterback and has no business at a D1 program.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:I wish there were futures contracts traded on how good a player's career will be. I'd make a lot of money shorting Tuggle's college career based on all you experts saying he can't play quarterback and has no business at a D1 program.

For the record..

I predict FCS just for playing time next year (and not sitting out another full year) and location closer to home. I have seen so little of Tuggle's play that I have NO CLUE how well he will play. Perhaps a place like East Carolina or Southern Miss would make sense.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm

xu9697 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Ok, now that I've read it, let me say that Haden was not used properly, on balance. At the same time, he has

Obviously plenty of time for recruits to back out and for other on-the-fence recruits to go another direction. But Spaz & co, at this point, have landed Retting, Phillips, Pierre-Louis, Betancourt, etc. Seems to be a nice class ON PAPER so far. So, not so sure how much a perceived "shit storm" is hurting them at this point. Now, how they coach on gameday...

1 less QB "ahead" of Rettig. His only concern is Shinskie, who still hasn't learned to read progressions or find an RB bleeding out for a screen/safety valve.

We won't know if there is an institutional problem until the season ends. Considering the fact that many on this board ran with the "he's happy w/6 wins" story, EVEN AFTER Hawaiirob clarified it, the anti-Spaz agenda is really gaining some irrational steam. This is lame because there are plenty of rational reasons to criticize him. I stand by my statement that no judgments should be made until the season is over.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Remember, Gene put the program in this position.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Or perhaps, Spaz and Tranq sat them both down yesterday and told them both that the school would not be renewing their scholarships next year?

Didn't we talk about this recently? I thought that once a school gives you an athletic scholarship, it can't take it away.

You certainly used to be able to strip players of their scholarship, but I thought you couldn't do it anymore.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Topoo jsut said, "Number 1, that guy? I thought he returned kicks? ah, no bazooka for him...."

"I had a bazooka in Nam when the Gooks attacked us during Tet at Da Nang in 68.....it was hell....can you say Gooks now.....I love those spring rolls they make now....

Tranquill didn't fight in Nam. He was like 70 years old, they don't let guys that old stay in the military. We should change the name of the formation to "Carbine" if we want it named after a weapon Tranq could conceivably have carried in battle.

"The Pike"Image

Camper --I am the guy on the right.... :lol:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

I like Haden as a player but if he's transferring to UF he's making a huge mistake. There is no way he cracks the depth chart at UF. It's too bad, because he could have been a Percy Harvin (esque, not of the same level of talent) with us. He doesn't have the frame to take 25 carries a game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I agree completely.

Wow, re-reading my quoted passage I caught my Freudian slip. I'll leave that question to ATL.

BTW, when TW gets back from his deposition he's going to lose his shit.

yes, he is. Only because he has overated both of these guys for two years now.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Haden was not as good as Montel.

He was FBS material though, and decided to transfer. Big deal, he was not that impressive.

Tuggle was as I said he was from the start, FCS arm strength.

No big losses. No big deal.

Tranquill has already made adjustments to the Bazooka and Nap schedule.

1 is the lonliest number.

Unless its 6 and god damn, we need 6 wins!!!

Whew!! We get 6 and its HOT NUTS IN CALIFORNIA!!!

[I'm not pleased with some of the things Spaz is doing, but I'm not adding this to my list of complaints. Any time you have a coaching change, it becomes likely that a couple of players will transfer. BC is no different./quote]

Bingo Militant wins.. I have hit Spaz with 30,000 shots, but Haden and Tuggle.....yawn.....please....

Haden was a sub. We got more subs?

I am a sub.

We all live in a yellow submarine.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Haden and Tuggle to transfer

Postby Shredder on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:16 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Haden also has eagle wings on his back. Farrell did not break this. He was denying it this morning. BC released a statement. Joe Schad had it before Farrell.

They could be angel wings, then that would explain why he doesn't think he can play football. If he transfers to Rutgers, he can also be a cheerleader...or professor.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Fellas, the thinking over at The Center is that this was inevitable. Coach Spaziani would've liked Haden to stay, because although he isnt a starter, he is a useful player. Jud Tuggle is...not. Hey, its a blow for something like this to happen in the middle of a championship drive, but personel-wise it isnt crushing. I was by The Center shortly yesterday, and could tell something was up. Didnt want to speculate on here before I knew concrete info. The best way to look at this is that it will make it all the sweeter when we clinch the Atlantic and head to the Title Game!
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:23 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Fellas, the thinking over at The Center is that this was inevitable. Coach Spaziani would've liked Haden to stay, because although he isnt a starter, he is a useful player. Jud Tuggle is...not. Hey, its a blow for something like this to happen in the middle of a championship drive, but personel-wise it isnt crushing. I was by The Center shortly yesterday, and could tell something was up. Didnt want to speculate on here before I knew concrete info. The best way to look at this is that it will make it all the sweeter when we clinch the Atlantic and head to the Title Game!

What were the signs that made you think something was up?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Laughing.Jackal on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm

If :spaz3 thought that Haden had some utility on the team, I wonder how hard he pushed him to stay? Who knows, maybe this has been in the works since Harris became the de facto primary back out of training camp?

Although I was not in favor of the promotion of :spaz3 to head coach, I was committed to giving him a chance to demonstrate that he is he right guy to lead our program in the post Jags era. Spaz's sh%tshow coaching has definitely soured me on him as HC, but these moves really don't bother me. :spaz2
Laughing.Jackal
n00b

Postby branchinator on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I like Haden as a player but if he's transferring to UF he's making a huge mistake. There is no way he cracks the depth chart at UF. It's too bad, because he could have been a Percy Harvin (esque, not of the same level of talent) with us. He doesn't have the frame to take 5 carries a game.

Fixed.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:33 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Fellas, the thinking over at The Center is that this was inevitable. Coach Spaziani would've liked Haden to stay, because although he isnt a starter, he is a useful player. Jud Tuggle is...not. Hey, its a blow for something like this to happen in the middle of a championship drive, but personel-wise it isnt crushing. I was by The Center shortly yesterday, and could tell something was up. Didnt want to speculate on here before I knew concrete info. The best way to look at this is that it will make it all the sweeter when we clinch the Atlantic and head to the Title Game!

And then lose it for the 3rd straight year because we don't have enough offensive weapons. This development just sucks no matter how anyone tries to rationalize it. It's quite the hit in the short-term, especially if Harris goes down.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:36 pm

Tuggle is no loss - he clearly was going to get no playing time ever again, and for good reason, what with Shinskie playing better, and Rettig just around the corner.

Haden, though, that hurts. I think he was used incorrectly, and I am not sure whether :spaz3 would have ever figured out the right way to use him, but I was really thinking a switch to WR would have been a great move. Who knows, they may have suggested that and had him reject it.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Haden also has eagle wings on his back. Farrell did not break this. He was denying it this morning. BC released a statement. Joe Schad had it before Farrell.

They could be angel wings, then that would explain why he doesn't think he can play football. If he transfers to Rutgers, he can also be a cheerleader...or professor.

Thanks for the clarification, for a while there I thought Haden had a pic of Kevin McGrath on his back.

BTW, I love how I made one little post in this thread. But, as soon as the merrymen got wind of this news, their first thought was to come over here... find my post... and post "All is well!!!" statements. My God... if it wasn't so disturbing, it would be comical how my internet stylings are so obsessed over by some.

The real shame for Tuggle is that he didn't transfer when he initially wanted to this Spring! BOOYAH!!! Funny how all my negative rumblings that is so ravenously objected to comes true so often.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:unny how all my negative rumblings that is so ravenously objected to comes true so often.

I can't recall a situation outside of this when this was the case.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post the text since some of us jumped on grenades for this place...
:spaz3
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Would everyone get off Rettig's :pickle already! Fudge!

I like BC football.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Post the text since some of us jumped on grenades for this place...
:spaz3

He's transferring....that shows how much faith the staff has in him. Suck it TWB and Talon. I would just like to say "i was right."

Nothing mind-shattering
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium