Any good tattoo removal places? (Haden/Tuggle Transfer)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Haden and Tuggle to transfer

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:i can see why tuggle is transferring... but haden? i don't get it.

Exactly...

Must be that dynamic Topoo offensive...

BAZOOKA KID....I KEEP TELLING YOU ONE WORD...BAZOOKA!!!!!!!!!!!!

plastics...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: any good tattoo removal places in chestnut hill?

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

Ok, now that I've read it, let me say that Haden was not used properly, on balance. At the same time, he has proved to be prone to injury despite limited carries- in short, he is not an every down back. While I don't blame him for trying for a starting spot, Montel Harris earned the job as BC's feature back. Haden never sustained any period of excellence despite starting most (all?) of last season behind a gifted offensive line. While his bust and speed have been much touted (and displayed on several runs), I can't recall him breaking a single run of 40 yards against a FBS team.

This is a symbolic blow to the program and will doubtlessly incur a "curse of the 4 star" post from someone. I'm extremely disappointed, but given what I've seen from Montel and Finch, I wonder how much this will actually affect the team.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

Maybe someone was upset we didn't make a Josh Haden video? :duchE
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby trek152 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:51 am

so does this mean from now on we're going to be running the bazooka with harris and mcclusky? that'll go well. :suicide
trek152
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle05 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:51 am

These moves will have little to no effect on the team. It's all well and good to be seduced by potential (and I agree that in a different system, both Haden and Tuggle have potential) but in the current offense that we actually run, neither one was an ideal fit, and better options are in place. Logan ain't walking back through that door folks. Still disappointing to lose potential weapons, but let's be realistic- we're mainly losing out on potential right now, not on-the-field results.
BCEagle05
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 am

Tuggle is a FCS QB-Division.

Haden never seemed to find the holes like Montel or have the ability to move and avoid tacklers like Montel.

He reminded me of Hershel Walker, without the jet speed. Just straight ahead??

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 am

Shakim Phillips..your #1 jersey is now waiting for you.

Haden= quitting during the season where you HAVE BEEN A CONTRIBUTOR. He must REALLY hate it here.

Tuggle= can't blame him. I see him going to Furman, Georgia Southern, etc.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Well if this is true (and I'm not saying that it is) but if it is, then I'm not surprised. Justin Tuggle and Josh Haden want to be starters, not backups. As long as BC has David Shinskie and Montel Harris, they will back-up and not start. So, what choice do they have?

Work hard and try and earn the starting job? Oh wait that would make sense.
Haden is a basically saying, "I cant beat out Harris and I need to go to a team with shitty RBs so I can start."

working hard can't make you something you aren't. tranq and the spaz do not know how to properly use either of these guys. they signed on to a steve logan spread offense. this was pulled out from under them in favor of the dana bible drop back pass/power running game offense. neither guy fits that mold - so no amount of work will make them something they aren't.

also - i ask kindly... unless we hear differently and these guys were doing something they shouldn't have been, let's not crap all over them for trying to pursue a better chance for themselves

there, i said it

i just don't understand why Haden couldn't have at least finished the season...

my thought here is that either his ankle is worse than reported or spazarelli told him he's 3rd behind finch (and he wasn't ready to carry the clipboard/get killed on special teams/whatever 3rd string rbs do)

if that's the case why not at least get a good education...? (for free)
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am

xu9697 {l Wrote}:Shakim Phillips..your #1 jersey is now waiting for you.

Haden= quitting during the season where you HAVE BEEN A CONTRIBUTOR. He must REALLY hate it here.

Tuggle= can't blame him. I see him going to Furman, Georgia Southern, etc.

grades? too much ps3?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
This is a symbolic blow to the program and will doubtlessly incur a "curse of the 4 star" post from someone.

I was thinking of posting something like that on the blog. We'll see if I get time or if I can track down Justin Hinds!!
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am

trek152 {l Wrote}:so does this mean from now on we're going to be running the bazooka with harris and mcclusky? that'll go well. :suicide

It clears the way for Jet Smith.

We have 2 more schollies that means. I wonder if Spaz can steal some USC recruits with them.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:55 am

trek152 {l Wrote}:so does this mean from now on we're going to be running the bazooka with harris and mcclusky? that'll go well. :suicide

Finch!
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:55 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Haden also has eagle wings on his back. Farrell did not break this. He was denying it this morning. BC released a statement. Joe Schad had it before Farrell.

Poor fat fuck Farrell..this mook has to be the laziest, stupidest, most uninformed house lackey boy on earth.

What a fucking chulo loser....

Hey Mike, TOB is leaving for NCSU......duh....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:59 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

if that's the case why not at least get a good education...? (for free)

because he's going to leave anyway... why not do it now to spend time getting reacclimated to a new place, new rules, new school, etc. i think many were certain this was coming at the end of the year anyway (as reflected in the responses so far) - so if the wheels are bad for the season, why NOT just leave now?

no, my post was in response to someone pondering that his ankle might be worse than thought...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Haden and Tuggle transferring?

Postby eaglesmith on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 am

Just saw this tweet from Joe Schad:

schadjoe BC QB Justin Tuggle and RB Josh Haden are transferring out

Fuuuuuuuck. :whiteflag
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Re: Haden and Tuggle transferring?

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 am

I would not be surprised. Haden has been a disappointment to me and Tuggle is no loss. Good luck to them.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:02 am

Everybody wants to play; with a logjam of others blocking their paths to the field (whether because of ability, fit in the offense, or any other reason), I can't fault them looking for another opportunity.

Never forget, highly touted recruits go to college to play football. The education, location, etc. is secondary (most of the time). As long as they're getting a chance to prove themselves to NFL scouts, most kids will be happy. If they're not, they won't.

Adios and bon chance to both.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:02 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
This is a symbolic blow to the program and will doubtlessly incur a "curse of the 4 star" post from someone.

I was thinking of posting something like that on the blog. We'll see if I get time or if I can track down Justin Hinds!!

I look forward to reading it. Will you make an exception for 5 star Toal? Ugh. :puke
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:05 am

Well, we have some new questions for the GDF lunch.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Everybody wants to play; with a logjam of others blocking their paths to the field (whether because of ability, fit in the offense, or any other reason), I can't fault them looking for another opportunity.

Never forget, highly touted recruits go to college to play football. The education, location, etc. is secondary (most of the time). As long as they're getting a chance to prove themselves to NFL scouts, most kids will be happy. If they're not, they won't.

Adios and bon chance to both.

if you can't beat out a guy on your own team, then me thinks it'll be hard to be in the nfl. just sayin'

that said, i wish him the best...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 am

Any way to retitle this thread so people know it covers Tuggle and Haden (and no new threads are created?)
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:13 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Any way to retitle this thread so people know it covers Tuggle and Haden (and no new threads are created?)

+1

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:13 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Any way to retitle this thread so people know it covers Tuggle and Haden (and no new threads are created?)

+1

Done.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

+1

Done.

:fam :woot :fam

EDIT. been looking for an excuse to use those icons....
Last edited by hansen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Any good tattoo removal places? (Haden/Tuggle Transfer)

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 am

Topoo jsut said, "Number 1, that guy? I thought he returned kicks? ah, no bazooka for him...."

"I had a bazooka in Nam when the Gooks attacked us during Tet at Da Nang in 68.....it was hell....can you say Gooks now.....I love those spring rolls they make now....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 am

xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 am

At least this will help the folks at EI who hate "thugs" and only care about beating ND get over Saturday's disappointment. Here's to you, old bald eagle!
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am

josh uses his speed and elusiveness in space.

I would like to take this opportunity to re-praise whoever posted that "What are you doing in space, tiger? You can't breath there" pic during Clemson week. I still laugh about it sometimes when announcers talk about "getting [fast player X] the ball in space."
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am

Some more good news for BC Football. Tuggle (although I still don't think he's that bad) next year would have been a distant 4th on the depth Chart behind Shinskie, Rettig, Masco and they would have asked him to switch positions so no loss there really.

I'm a little confused on the Haden transfer. I know you're behind Montel, but then to just quit? He's bought a one-way ticket for Gainsville, FL to play for Meyer down at UF. Finch has some definite talent so we'll still be good with Harris and Finch and maybe we can get one more good RB recruit in for next year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:20 am

What's wrong with 2-RB sets and you see who has the strongest runs against that opponent?

Well, nothing is wrong with it, but that is not the offense that Spaz and Tranq will be running with their current personel. The offense is pretty much set this year and next year. They have an offensive line that is much better at pass blocking thatn they are at drive-blocking. And with the exception of Tennant, every single person on that line will be back next year (most likely.) They have a drop-back passing QB in Shinskie who will throw less INTs as he plays more games, and he's here for the next 3 years. After next year, they'll need more wideouts and less tailbacks. So unless Haden wants to be a WR.... he's going to have to beat out Montel for that one spot on the offense.

Haden is a basically saying, "I cant beat out Harris and I need to go to a team with shitty RBs so I can start."

Well.... if this transfer is true then.... yeah. That is what he is saying.

they signed on to a steve logan spread offense. this was pulled out from under them in favor of the dana bible drop back pass/power running game offense. neither guy fits that mold - so no amount of work will make them something they aren't.

If the O-Line could drive block with any consistancy, then I would agree with you TRE. But I don't think we have that kind of personel on the O-Line. They are very good at protecting the QB, but it appears that they can only open holes for tailbacks when they play at home! Montel fits the "mold" for this offense better than Haden does. Tuggle doesn't fit in at all...
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium