EDIT - CONFIRMED bc - nd at fenway nov 21, 2015

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: EDIT - CONFIRMED bc - nd at fenway nov 21, 2015

Postby BCEagle14 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 pm

The only complaint I've heard about this game is tailgating, but IMO I think the Fenway bars before and after the game will be just as fun if not more fun than a tailgate on Shea.
BCEagle14
n00b

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Bates should work it out to keep on campus tailgating during the day and provide shuttles to Fenway. He could have the last shuttle run an hour prior to kick off to get people there. Of course you could always take the D line as well. Just a thought.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Sigh, I'm not really doing work today. The Boneyard think we got the raw end of the deal because we are the road team.

this sounds like a perfect situation for that asshat 9903 to put his aliass to good use

Sorry for the poor response time.

I made up for it with switching my asshat vote from maroonngold

Don't blame me, I voted for rtbrkr
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Mosi on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 pm

ok without the rotting corpse of Campion to chip in I think that I can safely say that I am the only member of the EO' family' that was at the last football game played at Fenway, Dec 1 1968 vs the expansion Cinn Bengals (according to wikepedia, i was one of the 17796 in attendence) and that was a papered house, as i went with about 35 other 8th grade players from irish Riv youth center football.

there is going to be big trouble staging the game here, for reasons mentioned about the Liverpool game that was here last year. In the 60s the field ran from the bullpens to the 3rd base dugout, with not much room before the low 3rd base walls. Since the recent years renovations at least 2 or 4 rows have been added from the dugout to wear the wall juts out and turns down the foul line. Since we dont have an engineering school I cant say for sure, but I'b bet there is no fucking way to squeeze a 120 yard field in there.

Back in the day there were also temp stands up against the Monstah, in face most of us watched little football that day, and sprnt muchof it pretending we were Yaz leaping against the real fucking scoreboard and wall (remember we were 13 years old and this was one year removed from the Impossible Dream)

bottom line is, this will give the program tremndous attention, its not 'our' game its 'their' game and a night game in November? I'll be all for watching it from Remy's or the Baseball Tavern
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium