New Coach

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New Coach

Postby BIGDUKE6 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 pm

BIGDUKE6
n00b

Re: New Coach

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:41 pm

BIGDUKE6 {l Wrote}:http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010612aaa.html

running game coordinator

Wha-? :shrug

What is this, I was OC at Ohio State, and if BC wants me to take over the disaster left by Devine and not give me Martin's power, then they have to make me a bullshit coordinator of some kind?

Martin calling a running play during a game, "Dive right."

running game coordinator, "VETO!, run up the middle"
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BIGDUKE6 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I found the last line the most intersting one.
BIGDUKE6
n00b

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

If devine is moving to TE coach, where does this leave brock ?

Where does Sirmans fit into all of this with a new "running game coordinator". I was really hoping they upped Sirmans level of responsibility (ie RB coach and ST coach after Dawson left) and involved him more in recruiting, as he has brought in some really key players and seems to recruit the Ohio area very well.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:If devine is moving to TE coach, where does this leave brock ?

bceagles.com {l Wrote}:Spaziani said further staff announcements are forthcoming.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Fuck yes! I couldn't care less about Brock, I'm just ecstatic that Devine is no longer in charge of the O line, and his replacement is pretty damn solid, if not, way way better than I expected. First news of the off season I'm genuinely happy about.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

no more Devine ruining the OL... :fam :clink :chewbanka :cheer :quitar :band :acoustic :band :woot
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:Fuck yes! I couldn't care less about Brock, I'm just ecstatic that Devine is no longer in charge of the O line, and his replacement is pretty damn solid.

this

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

So BC hired two new coaches in Martin and the new OL coach from Ohio St. Unless, the grad assistant goes back to grad assistantville, then someone else is leaving. Any ideas who the odd man out?
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:So BC hired two new coaches in Martin and the new OL coach from Ohio St. Unless, the grad assistant goes back to grad assistantville, then someone else is leaving. Any ideas who the odd man out?

Isn't it Brock and the ST coach?

BTW, sweet pickup, maybe it helps with recruiting?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

how did we convince Bollman to come to BC? did we just luck out because Urban Meyer is coming in to tOSU with his own guys and Bollman needed a job? i am shocked we got OSU's coach in a "lateral" move...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:So BC hired two new coaches in Martin and the new OL coach from Ohio St. Unless, the grad assistant goes back to grad assistantville, then someone else is leaving. Any ideas who the odd man out?

Rogers*

*Respect his privacy!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:how did we convince Bollman to come to BC? did we just luck out because Urban Meyer is coming in to tOSU with his own guys and Bollman needed a job?

yup
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Why the fuck wouldn't we be busing Ben Johnson back to grad assistantville? Don't know anything about the kid, but I don't believe he has landed any recruits since being promoted after UCF. We suffered enough with Dawson, we can't have yet another on-the-job trainee unless he is delivering the entire Bosco football team.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Bollman Recruiting

Commits

2011: 1 four star, 1 three star
2010: Targeting Swigert
2009: 1 four star, 1 three star
2008: 2 five stars
2007: 1 four star, 1 three star
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Bollman Recruiting

Commits

2011: 1 four star, 1 three star
2010: Targeting Swigert
2009: 1 four star, 1 three star
2008: 2 five stars
2007: 1 four star, 1 three star

It doesn't take a Schiano to recruit at teh OSU.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby cameagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Great move by Spaz.

OSU offensive coordinator as O Line coach. I suspect this will be well received by the posters here. Well at least most of us.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:28 pm

It seems alot of the people at OSU are happy to see him go. I honestly think anyone was better than Devine, and also get the feeling that many of the people at OSU want to see him gone because of his job as an OC (although some were critical of the offensive lines that he put together).

Found this article online that was pretty funny ...

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/ohio-state-buckeyes/3-buckeye-archive/8665-a-day-with-jim-bollman-offensive-coordinator-at-ohio-state
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:07 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:It seems alot of the people at OSU are happy to see him go. I honestly think anyone was better than Devine, and also get the feeling that many of the people at OSU want to see him gone because of his job as an OC (although some were critical of the offensive lines that he put together).

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/ohio-state-buckeyes/3-buckeye-archive/8665-a-day-with-jim-bollman-offensive-coordinator-at-ohio-state

Irregardless of what the tOSU fans think, this is a pretty solid hire by Spazoo provided that he lets the guy coach.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:33 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:It seems alot of the people at OSU are happy to see him go. I honestly think anyone was better than Devine, and also get the feeling that many of the people at OSU want to see him gone because of his job as an OC (although some were critical of the offensive lines that he put together).

Irregardless of what the tOSU fans think, this is a pretty solid hire by Spazoo provided that he lets the guy coach.

not saying your wrong, but i've liked this hire less the more i read about the guy, do you have reason to believe he's a good OL coach?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

not saying your wrong, but i've liked this hire less the more i read about the guy, do you have reason to believe he's a good OL coach?

No one could be worse than Chris Crane.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby joemack13 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 am

Is Chris Crane available?
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Yes I do.

He was not just the OC at OSU he also was the O-line coach while he was there as well.
He has been a O-line coach at 4 other Universities (Mich State, Virgina, NC State and Miami of Ohio)
He also played 4 years of college football as a O lineman, so yeah I think he is a good OL coach.

As fas a a recruiter, Bobby really liked him.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Yes I do.

He was not just the OC at OSU he also was the O-line coach while he was there as well.
He has been a O-line coach at 4 other Universities (Mich State, Virgina, NC State and Miami of Ohio)
He also played 4 years of college football as a O lineman, so yeah I think he is a good OL coach.

But what does Billy think of him as a recruiter? He's the one who sees the field
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 am

Billy's a Michigan fan...
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Yes I do.

He has certainly been an OL Coach under some great HCs (Saban and Tressel) and that probably should be enough. The things that worry me are 1)general dread about all decisions made by Spaz, which I realize is unfair but is not changing; 2)his time under Gary Tranquil at UVA; 3) internet scuttlebutt about his OLs underperforming at tOSU; 4)his reputation as an unimaginative fearful of his shadow OC; 5)he wears the same stupid straw hat as TOB; 6) he is old.

I know he's not calling the plays, but i'm not thrilled with having another older, conservative coach on the staff to encourage Spaz that a third down punt might be a good idea.

FWIW, I am not saying I think he's a bad hire, but rather that my initial reaction of "wow, what a homerun" pretty quickly reverted towards cautious optimism.

I'm glad he seemed like a good recruiter.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Yes I do.

He has certainly been an OL Coach under some great HCs (Saban and Tressel) and that probably should be enough. The things that worry me are 1)general dread about all decisions made by Spaz, which I realize is unfair but is not changing; 2)his time under Gary Tranquil at UVA; 3) internet scuttlebutt about his OLs underperforming at tOSU; 4)his reputation as an unimaginative fearful of his shadow OC; 5)he wears the same stupid straw hat as TOB; 6) he is old.

I know he's not calling the plays, but i'm not thrilled with having another older, conservative coach on the staff to encourage Spaz that a third down punt might be a good idea.

FWIW, I am not saying I think he's a bad hire, but rather that my initial reaction of "wow, what a homerun" pretty quickly reverted towards cautious optimism.

I'm glad he seemed like a good recruiter.

I haven't bothered to read the OSU boards, but if we were able to get him, he must suck.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby cameagle on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Im sure the fans are happy since they were 6-6 this year in a transition year coming off a scandal. I'm sure their opinions of him were different prior to the scandal(short memories) based on his 10 year record.
2010 12-1
2009 11-2
2008 10-3
2007 11-2
2006 12-1
2005 10-2
2004 8-4
2003 11-2
2002 14-0 National Champions

That's 99-17!!!!

We have all been critical of Spaz but give the guy a break. This is a solid hire.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby cameagle on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Im sure the fans are happy since they were 6-6 this year in a transition year coming off a scandal. I'm sure their opinions of him were different prior to the scandal(short memories) based on his 10 year record.
2010 12-1
2009 11-2
2008 10-3
2007 11-2
2006 12-1
2005 10-2
2004 8-4
2003 11-2
2002 14-0 National Champions

That's 99-17!!!!

We have all been critical of Spaz but give the guy a break. This is a solid hire.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

I am excited about both hires.

There, I said it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium